Well its happening... The feeling of regret settling in

Status
Not open for further replies.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I have wanted to own a cobra since I was 16, and finally at 28 I have one lol. I'm actually thinking of selling my GT500 and building my dream cobra.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I have wanted to own a cobra since I was 16, and finally at 28 I have one lol. I'm actually thinking of selling my GT500 and building my dream cobra.

Damn really? That Shelby color you have is one of my favorite.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member

Yeah, unless finances force the situation, don't get carried away lol. You have two amazing Mustangs that were the pinnacle of their era. I would think long and hard before parting ways with either of them if I were you.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Damn really? That Shelby color you have is one of my favorite.

Yeah, unless finances force the situation, don't get carried away lol. You have two amazing Mustangs that were the pinnacle of their era. I would think long and hard before parting ways with either of them if I were you.

I don't need to sell my GT500, but since i have owned my cobra i hardly ever drive the Shelby. I bought my Shelby brand new in 2013 and i guess I'm getting a littler bored of it. But I'm afraid if i sell it I'll regret it.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I don't need to sell my GT500, but since i have owned my cobra i hardly ever drive the Shelby. I bought my Shelby brand new in 2013 and i guess I'm getting a littler bored of it. But I'm afraid if i sell it I'll regret it.

Damn man that is my favorite color combo Shelby. I would hold onto it if I was you jmho. If you do sell I know a guy on here that would want it lol.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

How come you don't drive it much?

04Cobra03

Established Member
I agree with a lot of comments here. We do get board at times with our cars. What I do is put one of my 3 stangs away at the in laws extra garage for a week and when I go get it, I'm in love all over again and am so happy to see it.

04Cobra03

Established Member
I regret selling my mint 3400 mile CO too. I was bored wth it but I should have just kept it and set it aside for a while. It was shipped overseas so I'll never see it again. I try to remind myself that it's just a car. But that saying doesn't really apply to us car guys. I love the foxes that replaced it but I know I'll probably never find one that clean again.

I believe I know your car. I follow the owner on instagram over seas in kuwait or dubai or something

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
The terminator was a once in a lifetime deal..you could afford one and it would destroy just about anything. Colletti was happy to boast you were getting $10-15k additional free mods with the cobra. That changed as soon as Ford saw the value and doubled the price for the GT500. To this day, you have to spend twice as much on a modern car just to duplicate the performance. I would not let mine go just for the fact that ANYTHING you buy that's new will depreciate while Terminators will hold their value. I've seen a lot of people sell their GT500s to get out from under the depreciation. They buy Terminators again and keep the same performance.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I agree with a lot of comments here. We do get board at times with our cars. What I do is put one of my 3 stangs away at the in laws extra garage for a week and when I go get it, I'm in love all over again and am so happy to see it.
This is the only thing good about living up north and dealing with winter. Every spring it's like falling in love all over again, lol. By January I'm already going crazy and wanting to drive it.
I have just been driving the hell out of my cobra lol. In it's own way it's more fun than the Shelby to drive.
Cool, I'd love to have one of each like you! :)

mike69440

Established Member
This is the only thing good about living up north and dealing with winter. Every spring it's like falling in love all over again, lol. By January I'm already going crazy and wanting to drive it.

Cool, I'd love to have one of each like you! :)

Well skiing is fun, if my back ever gets better.

Yep, Last "winter" was really long for me. June 2015 I I blow out the O2 sensor bung. Fear of stripping out the manifold stud kept me from fixing the car to Jan 2016. Then I refuse to pay state to register the car and pay 12 months in in May for 2 Months of driving. it turned out to be 3 month as you have to wait to the beginning of the following of month to register. So my car was off road June 2015 to July 2, 2016. But this year I will roll 8500 miles on her. Another week or so she is going to hibernate.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Well skiing is fun, if my back ever gets better.

Yep, Last "winter" was really long for me. June 2015 I I blow out the O2 sensor bung. Fear of stripping out the manifold stud kept me from fixing the car to Jan 2016. Then I refuse to pay state to register the car and pay 12 months in in May for 2 Months of driving. it turned out to be 3 month as you have to wait to the beginning of the following of month to register. So my car was off road June 2015 to July 2, 2016. But this year I will roll 8500 miles on her. Another week or so she is going to hibernate.

Yeah I use to snowboard when I lived in Steamboat Springs Colorado. But here in Minnesota it's not fun at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread