Well it happened the motor popped....

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
going to pick up the new dss shortblock on tuesday. Its ready for 800hp. I should have the engine back together within the next couple of weeks. Its getting dual cobra pumps and going to MPH for a high boost tune.

Oh and I happened to see a nice little thread on tennesspeed about me. lol. I knew people would be talking again. I never talk shit about any of them. I am nice to everyone I have met from tennesspeed. The boards are just fun. Ill be bringing the car out soon enough and anyone who thinks they feel the need to run me than theylle have the opportunity.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
jesus christ.

WAS THE MOTOR THAT BLEW FORGED OR NOT?

p.s., don't you even think about putting 800rwhp to that motor. Those probe shitboxes will crumble like a overcooked soufflé.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
What an awful day...must feel terrible...I could only imagine...please get some more info on it and keep us posted...

birdman941

Illiterate Proofreader
Established Member
Sounds like he didn't do a step test first.
That should be done before any WOT runs.
Sorry about your motor.

20LethalVenom03

Beaver Hunter
Established Member
jesus christ.

WAS THE MOTOR THAT BLEW FORGED OR NOT?

p.s., don't you even think about putting 800rwhp to that motor. Those probe shitboxes will crumble like a overcooked soufflé.

yes and yes. The DSS motors are known for poor everything...service, workmanship, a guy had wicked problems with his dss stroker for his fox, problem was, it was bored .030 over and they put .010 over pistons in it..they do tons of stuff like that, charging for probe pistons and putting in stock, etc. I liked DSS too until I heard all the horror stories, I'd get that vt302 from the other poster. Personally, If I was doing a mod motor stroker again it'd be VT or Boss330 racing

97samssnake

Established Member
yes and yes. The DSS motors are known for poor everything...service, workmanship, a guy had wicked problems with his dss stroker for his fox, problem was, it was bored .030 over and they put .010 over pistons in it..they do tons of stuff like that, charging for probe pistons and putting in stock, etc. I liked DSS too until I heard all the horror stories, I'd get that vt302 from the other poster. Personally, If I was doing a mod motor stroker again it'd be VT or Boss330 racing

Isn't VT out of business now?

Zoie_daGT

Established Member
I feel for you. I blew my motor about 1k after forging it and building the car. Hopefully, that chapter will be over soon in the next few weeks and she will be running strong. Good luck.

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member
Something sounds fishy, was he doing a WOT pull? Was that the first time the engine had been revved since the turbo install? Why no a/f readings?

PipeHitter

Established Member
ah, was just curious if there was a decent shop in the 'boro. Well, where do you plan on getting it tuned this time? Not trying to add any salt!! Just gathering info for my own eventual tune.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
ah, was just curious if there was a decent shop in the 'boro. Well, where do you plan on getting it tuned this time? Not trying to add any salt!! Just gathering info for my own eventual tune.

no its ok ive learned my lesson. Its going to nowhere but modular powerhouse in atlanta for all my future tunes. This shortblock is going to have to last me for a long time and I cant afford to have it screwed all up again. I hear that Mikes Speed Shop on broad street does pretty good work but theyre expensive. It was alot cheaper for me and took less time to just buy one already built.

Users who are viewing this thread