Well it happened the motor popped....

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
ah, MPH is on my short list. How do you plan to get your car there?

well ill be driving it of course. It drove perfect untuned before it blew up on the dyno. Just cant get into boost at all which is really easy to do. The only thing that has changed is the compression ratio and ill be using stock cams for now.

shhak

Established Member
well ill be driving it of course. It drove perfect untuned before it blew up on the dyno. Just cant get into boost at all which is really easy to do. The only thing that has changed is the compression ratio and ill be using stock cams for now.

If you decide you want to haul it down, I've got a truck and flatbed trailer. Just buy the gas..:beer:

MikeW

Established Member
The shop chimed in on a local site to explain their side of the story...

Shit happens and turbo install issues is the short version of what they had to say.

boosted306

Established Member
Next time I would take it to Greg in Owensboro Ky. Speedy dyno has done a few very nice cars and I have yet to hear of 1 popping, Delk on the other hand has popped several just in the past few months!

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
cant wait to see the new numbers..
maybe you get to enjoy it this time

did u fix tranny to?

Yes I am sure that this time it will work out for me. I cant wait to finally drive it like its supposed to be driven instead of limping around town untuned. I have not fixed the tranny, but it will be good enough to get running again on. We are going to see how much hp the stock cams will make on 93 octane. If it runs like it did before it broke, im thinking it should make some pretty high numbers. On the very first pull it made 508wtq at only like 3300rpm without any tuning adjustments. It should have a super fat powerband and im hoping for around 600whp and some pretty wild torque numbers. The motor should be back together and in the car within a couple weeks.

DELK Performance? If so, I wouldn't let them touch my go-kart!

They did real good on my previous 2 tunes I had done over there. After much talk about the whole thing im not putting the blame on them anymore for breaking it. I was pissed that it broke. But then again the wastegate was pushing over 15psi and it broke pretty much right as he went wot with it and didnt have time to back off. It spooled up pretty much instantly....The hellion kit is badass...

lightning_2000

Established Member
Next time I would take it to Greg in Owensboro Ky. Speedy dyno has done a few very nice cars and I have yet to hear of 1 popping, Delk on the other hand has popped several just in the past few months!

greg does good.. delk does good 2..

everybody hears the horror storys. not the good storys. i have saw quite a few delk cars run and perform dam good. 1 local has a all motor daily driven 418 lx car. pump gas all motor 7.20s in the 8th on nittos, thats shifting it easy and not pushing the tranny.
i have saw the mustang gt with lightning motor .. very nice and clean install and performs very good.

ive been to speedydyno, been to delk.. i will say delk numbers lived up to track numbers.. speedys did not.

ive saw vids of mph blowing up cars on dyno. greg himself has blowed up a few.

my buddys mph built 98 kb cobra didnt perform to its numbers.

point is these guys take a risk everytime they strap one down to dyno. who knows if the motor will hold what it should? who knows if the fuel system will fail, clutch or tranny.

if u play every now and then stuff fails and u gotta pay.

ls1killa will be back soon.. i wish him the best should be a very stout car. :beer:

Last edited:

shivy85

Established Member
I feel your pain man. I trailered my car home from nj after i bought it and found out it had a cracked block after i got it back. glad to hear that your moving fast in to the rebuild.

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
I feel your pain man. I trailered my car home from nj after i bought it and found out it had a cracked block after i got it back. glad to hear that your moving fast in to the rebuild.

yea that really sucks about the block. This is going to be a good learning experience and it has been fun getting the parts to put it all together but im pretty much broke now. Thats the thing its really fun but takes sooo much money. Sometimes I think its a bad waste of money but then again this is my only car and ill be keeping it for a loong time. If I didnt spend it on my car id blow it on clothes or junk to go in my apartment...

Users who are viewing this thread