Well I got screwed again. This seems to be an ongoing issue lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
Do you do video as a legit business? Write off the bill as a loss. (consult a tax attorney / CPA first)

Also, delete the uploaded videos and send a cease and desist for copyright infringement.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
Guys you will not believe this. I filmed my daughter's graduation last Friday night. Seems to me the TV station that was supposed to only showed up for a few minutes and left. Someone saw my camera up on the second floor filming. Now everyone is wanting a copy of the video that I shot. Even the Principal's wife is asking all over for a copy of it. I got a call from my niece after my wife saw it posted on Facebook. She said people are wanting copies. Yet no monetary fee was discussed. I thought about charging $20.00 a disc since any time we have had to pay for school function pics it was $25.00 per disc. Pathetic. Same ones who said they could not help me with the coach now are wanting me to donate my time to them. SMH

LOL, I believe it.

"Sorry folks, I have to apply to the school district to be a preferred vendor, etc."

And... It'll be $250 per disc once approved (plus a bill to the district for $4000 for your time and effort to film and edit, etc.)

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Still confused. So 3 years ago you shook hands on a paying job from the school? They agreed to pay you 3 years ago? Why wait 3 years to attempt to collect if you had known about it all this time?

Last edited:

Twisted2v

Established Member
Only thing I can think of as a defense is a quasi law contract, which would side with you if the school was unjustly compensated by your actions.

If you haven't burned the bridge, you can still apply and film games and events in the future and increase your hourly charge every month until you are paid back for prior years.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Still confused. So 3 years a go you shook hands on a paying job from the school? They agreed to pay you 3 years ago? Why wait 3 years to attempt to collect if you had known about it all this time?
I like this reply.

Coiled03

Established Member
Still confused. So 3 years a go you shook hands on a paying job from the school? They agreed to pay you 3 years ago? Why wait 3 years to attempt to collect if you had known about it all this time?

I couldn't clarify in my head what was confusing me. This spells it out, thanks.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Have you contacted the superintendent? Most local papers have a scammed column and this would make for juicy gossip. Go to a school board meeting and raise the issue...

Personally I think at best you might win the battle but lose the war.

Move on. Otherwise your daughter will be brought into the mess as well

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
If you expected to get paid from a school district for something like that, you needed a written contract. Blow it off and have a beer.

Look at it like this: Think of the memories you created for kids and parents to remember forever. Volunteerism Bud.

My wife and I have spent thousands of dollars/hours supporting our kids and their teams/friends in sports, school events, etc. over the years. It's what we do.
We did it of our own free will, and as parents, we did it to contribute to their lives and memories, their teams/families lives and memories, and society.

Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 10.37.10 AM.png

Seriously, enjoy what you did. **** the rest of it, it's peanuts.

I look back at what we did, and wished I'd done more.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
You need to rename yer thread Bad Coach/School District and post a video.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
You said your daughter played on the high school varsity team for 7 years. Was that a typo? Nope not a typo. In KY you can play up in basketball. She actually was on the team for 8 years. She practiced in the 5th grade but was too small to play. Actually played on the Varsity from the 6th grade on. She was really good but the coach back stabbed her in the back just like he did me when he wanted me to do the filming. Always told us she would have a full ride scholarship to play D1 or D2 basketball. He made sure she got neither. But that is OK. She says she is done with him and doesn't have to see him any more. Now she can concentrate on being a nurse or a dental hygienist.

The reason that I did not send the bill after the first year was to help with costs. I just really wanted to be paid for the filming for this year. It is why I discounted the bill so much.

Coach has lied to a lot of people over the years. I found out the hard way what others had said when I defended him. I helped put on 3 car shows for him to raise money. We sold hot dogs. We sold flowers and ferns. We sold women's 31 accessories. We helped do it all. But when it came down to compensating me it was, Who are you? Live and learn to live another day. Thanks for your comments.
High school eligibility for any athlete is only 4 years. You can start early but you still only have 4 years eligibility from my knowledge. I was coaching a small school basketball team with students from 7-12 grades and I could not find games for them because the teams we would play had to follow the eligibility requirements for their season and would be going against board. This was true even for practice non conference and even non scoring games. Basically playing our team would be giving up all eligibility for their conference playoffs.

Even the best of the best players only play 4 years sanctioned high school sports from my knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread