well i finally dropped the cash on a motor!

DaBigBone

Established Member
Very nice! I had a MMR motor in my old turbo 02 GT. Ran it at 22psi for almost 20k miles without a single hiccup!

CSG

Established Member
I don't think certain highly successful NMRA racers with unlimited budgets would use MMR if there was any consistent credible problem with MMR engines.

NMRA racers with unlimited budgets? Not many of those. Besides you know they get supplied with the "better" builds and at reduced or free prices.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Besides you know they get supplied with the "better" builds and at reduced or free prices.

Scott, this is not true and a terrible speculation on your part, we certainly dont put better parts in and charge less or give ANYONE different treatment??? Every engine at MMR is built by the same staff, every engine receives the same amount of detail as if it were the builders own engine. This is why we supply engines to the TOP NMCA and NMRA racers and why companies such as Shelby America and Tasca Ford contracts MMR to build its high end GT500 engines - because they know they are getting the best possible engine - regardless of price!

CSG

Established Member
While I certainly have my opinions on MMR my statement was directed at the industry as a whole. Racers get sponsored and so they run certain parts. Shops try to make sure those parts don't fail since they are widely seen by the buying public.

HELLION TURBO

Hello.

We would like to share that we use an MMR built Coyote Modified engine in our record holding CM Mustang.

We recommend and sell MMR products and have never had any issues. The current engine has qualified Number 1 at every race.

We purchased our engine complete, and it is no different than any other MMR built setup. In fact, even more technology has come out since this one has been built.

Team Hellion

Darufe

Established Member
Good thing im using hellion twins and going for an mmr motor looks like its a tested and proven platform ;)

Cant wait!! Now if i can find a way to fit all this beautiful stuff in a gt40 replica to drop like 1000lbs ill be set for life when it comes to hoesepower haha

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
I just LOVE how this starts off with OP sharing his newly purchased MONSTER block...and this all becomes a MMR tomato throwing contest... The VENDOR hate and wars are ridiculous here! Also, what I find even more funnier then that is, most the HATE comes from Cali. This is NOT the 1st time I hear of this or read of this or have been told personally by another vendor. Speaking of tomatoes, there's some "FOOD FOR THOUGHT!" :nonono:

THANKS MMR for my purchase just over a month ago!

Awesome block and GOOD LUCK!

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I just LOVE how this starts off with OP sharing his newly purchased MONSTER block...and this all becomes a MMR tomato throwing contest... The VENDOR hate and wars are ridiculous here! Also, what I find even more funnier then that is, most the HATE comes from Cali. This is NOT the 1st time I hear of this or read of this or have been told personally by another vendor. Speaking of tomatoes, there's some "FOOD FOR THOUGHT!" :nonono:

THANKS MMR for my purchase just over a month ago!

Awesome block and GOOD LUCK!

Who from cali hated on anyone in here?

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member

Not all... Not pointing any specific person. Just doing a lil analyzing in general so don't take offense just because you are from Cali. But if you are from Cali and hatted, then... My point taken. lol! ;)

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member

Hmmm that was misleading...

Hmmm... Looking back the 2 pgs. U have not posted YET on this thread till now? Like I said, I have read a few comments here and saw the hate or neg comments re: MMR after this guy purchased a MMR full build. Instead of "UPLIFTING" a man and Congratulating him for his proud purchase, people find it more important to say negative comments for whatever the reason when this thread was not a "WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?" and more of a sharing experience. Its definitely not just here. This thread just ended up being the one I was like, SERIOUSLY? Misleading or not... read it how u want because it is what it is.

Last edited:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Hmmm... Looking back the 2 pgs. U have not posted YET on this thread till now? Like I said, I have read a few comments here and saw the hate or neg comments re: MMR after this guy purchased a MMR full build. Instead of "UPLIFTING" a man and Congratulating him for his proud purchase, people find it more important to say negative comments for whatever the reason when this thread was not a "WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?" and more of a sharing experience. Its definitely not just here. This thread just ended up being the one I was like, SERIOUSLY? Misleading or not... read it how u want because it is what it is.
Still trying to find out where california got dragged into all of this with you. I dont have anything negative to say about MMR. Locally i hear alot of good things.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Still trying to find out where california got dragged into all of this with you. I dont have anything negative to say about MMR. Locally i hear alot of good things.

Observation within time. Not based from this thread alone. Cool

gt347mustang

Established Member
Posts like this are terribly misleading, so we will set it straight - MMR has never had a single failure of any engine as a result of improper assembly. Hearing something does not make it true and knowing someone that told you something does not make it true. You were not in the car with them every moment, you do not know if the vehicle was run low on oil or tuned incorrectly or installed correctly. If you are going to bash a vendor bring facts and measurements showing what was wrong and why it is a builders fault

I tried to find a few examples where the incorrect pistons were installed in your shortblocks but they were mysteriously deletd. :??:

OP: Good luck with your build! Hope everything goes well. Post some videos when you get done.

JayVee

REAL is Rare
Established Member
Why bother? Misdirected energy for what? This thread is a man sharing his purchase. What's the game here? Shyt needs to stop. Or make your own thread venting.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread