well i finally dropped the cash on a motor!

Darufe

Established Member
2 weeks till mmr finishes the build but!

1500 pro kod shortblock oversized to 5.2l
10:1 cr
Stage 3 mmr heads
Stainless oversized valves
Bronze guides
Upgraded seats
Titanium retainers
Mmr race springs
Stage 3 turbo cams
Mmr road runner intake tapped and ready for aquamist di meth kit
Moroso alloy pan
Mmr oil pump
Phaser deletes
Chains/guides/tensioners
Ati balancer
Valve and timing chain covers
Acufab tb
Fully assembled and rdy to rock

My pockets are 22k lighter ouchhhh :'(

Any solid tuners for something like this in canada?

Last edited:

Darufe

Established Member
Mmr says i should see 8500 rpm no problem on this beast and 9500 with standalone efi!! Imagine the sound at 9500rpm and 30-40psi of boost screaming through straight pipes *drool* *eargasm*

PapaSmurf03

SLO SNK
Established Member
MMR huh? Hopefully it stays together. Especially if you are running that compression and plan on 30+lbs of boost. Curious to what fuel you plan on using with that combo? I've heard of and personally know too many people who have had really really bad luck with motors from MMR.

Darufe

Established Member
At that price i would hope no issues would come with it.
Fuel for DD 94 oct + lots of water meth aquamist is doing a custom direct injection setup i asked to be able to flow enough for straight meth at 1400-1500hp.
Obviously wont be running full boost on the street. (Probably no more then 10 12 psi)

Track...dunno yet. Will def need to upgrade injectors to push full boost regardless of what type of race fuel i pick

Wish we had e85 in canada woulda made my life much easier.....

jazz05

Established Member
I think horsepower heaven? in edmonton is a good shot for tuning, I talked to Eric Brooks a few times and he used to do tuning clinics there, I'll double check the name and post again if I'm wrong

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
MMR huh? Hopefully it stays together. Especially if you are running that compression and plan on 30+lbs of boost. Curious to what fuel you plan on using with that combo? I've heard of and personally know too many people who have had really really bad luck with motors from MMR.

Posts like this are terribly misleading, so we will set it straight - MMR has never had a single failure of any engine as a result of improper assembly. Hearing something does not make it true and knowing someone that told you something does not make it true. You were not in the car with them every moment, you do not know if the vehicle was run low on oil or tuned incorrectly or installed correctly. If you are going to bash a vendor bring facts and measurements showing what was wrong and why it is a builders fault - otherwise dont post, its not fair to us, the forum members or our customers, we hold the world record, the NMCA Coyote modified record, the PSCA record and NMCA west record and have hundreds of happy customers worldwide with our engines for a reason - because we are the best at what we do.

Here is a link full of information from many of the forums of actual MMR customers - not people that have heard something or a friend told them!

http://www.modularmotorsportsracing.com/mmr_modular_mustang_racing_feedb.htm

Users who are viewing this thread