well here goes again

snowmancobra

Established Member
Car 99% done. Just need to wire the intercooler pump.

At 7:30 EST on February 8th 2004. Car was started and idled perfect. Just needs a dynotune which should be done this Thursday. To all those who helped thanks for the help and especially a shout out to NeedForSpeed who hooked me up with the mechanic who made this swap possible a guy who was a true genius in finding all the brackets etc...

I NFS take some pics of this I hope he can get it on his computer.

More details when I tune the biznitch.:thumbsup:

Snake Eyes

Established Member
Let me be the first one to say congrats, and I am sorry it took this long and cost this much. I just hope everyone learns from this and stays away from the swap. That is why I pushed so hard for the Kenne Bell kit, which by the way now will have an optional intercooler.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Originally posted by NeedForSpeed
Not a big deal, I'll be ready to tow it on thursday if thats the day, and hopefully someone can just get some video.

Car came out great........

let me know if you guys need some hosting for those pics..I can host the vid too as long as it isnt too big to upload for me.

DanTheCobraMan

Established Member
Originally posted by Snake Eyes
We have convinced Kenne Bell to make a kit for the 99/01 cobras. They officially announced it here (link). So in a month or two the kit should be available.

:rollseyes

I'll believe it when I see it... If and when it does happen, how are they handling the alternator placement? Don't tell me they're going to do it like they did the GT kit. Looks completely lame if you ask me to turn the alterntator around and to the side and have a big ass bracket to hold it to the engine. I like the Eaton setup because it looks compeltely factory and not just tacked on, which is important for me.

RioRed4v

Established Member
glad to see the car finally came together. cant wait to see what kind of numbers it puts down.

might be a determining factor whether or not i'm interested in the new kenne bell kit coming out.

snowmancobra

Established Member
Well the drama continues. The car is done and now the tuner is no where to be found. Could this get any worse?

Anyone know any good tooners in jersey? LOL

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
get yourself to kauffman motorsports in dillburg PA. its a bit of a drive but they kick ass.

snowmancobra

Established Member
updateis I found some new guy name Craig Radivich not sure if I am spellin in right who can tune the car since nitrous pete is no where to be found

snowmancobra

Established Member
i shrank the main one down and emailed it to you

Thanks man

oh yea tomorrow I am gonna call 5 tuners LOL whoever can get me in the fastest thats it.

JDM
wicked motorsports
Kaufman
Danny's performance
JD'S

Thats if Craig Radivich doesnt respond by tomorrow afternoon

Last edited:

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Here it is guys 99 cobra with eaton!! First one ever done that we know of.

cg99witheaton.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread