well here goes again

kaos

Established Member
Sorry to hear about all your hassles. You are handleing it like a man. Much better than I would have handled the situation. Good luck.

snowmancobra

Established Member
Thanks. Tomorrow someone else is going to take a look at it to see if this is doable. This guy will tell me bottom line if its worth it or not.

ramdge

Established Member
Snowmancobra,

I was wondering if the new mechanic had made in progress on the car.

Also is there anything I/we can do to help as far as trying to locate parts/part numbers etc.

Donnie

snowmancobra

Established Member
Things are moving along. The blower is completely bolted down now. The vacuum lines have been done, egr... WE were waiting on the timing cover and he was putting that on yesterday, but I have not heard any word on how that went. I will keep ya posted, but right now seriously looks like I might ahve the car within the next few weeks

CROSS FINGERS!

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Originally posted by snowmancobra
Things are moving along. The blower is completely bolted down now. The vacuum lines have been done, egr... WE were waiting on the timing cover and he was putting that on yesterday, but I have not heard any word on how that went. I will keep ya posted, but right now seriously looks like I might ahve the car within the next few weeks

CROSS FINGERS!

Man thats good to hear....trust me on this one, you have about 30 sets of fingers crossed for you now!:beer:

snowmancobra

Established Member
Ok power steering pulley needs to be swapped out... Its right smack dab where the alternator goes...

Its moving... but at a snails pace because of stuff like that... We have the 03 timing cover and the crank pulley on and a few idlers... I will have more pics since I dont know the exact name for the part. I might even do the apten setup porting the blower because it helps it breathe and keeps it cooler and I need as much cool as possible lol

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
I might even do the apten setup porting the blower because it helps it breathe and keeps it cooler and I need as much cool as possible lol

besides you still have plenty of time to get the blower back waiting on parts

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
ouch man this is painful to read. I would have put it back to stock, sold it, and bought an 03 long before u got this far.

goodluck, tenacity and perseverence can end up being expensive.

snowmancobra

Established Member
I would have done that back in august if I Knew this. Trust me what you said has been said to me a thousand times. I got this far spent so much that waiting a few extra days on parts is not bad..

SVTHorsnake

Banned
I would have done that back in august if I Knew this. Trust me what you said has been said to me a thousand times. I got this far spent so much that waiting a few extra days on parts is not bad..

stick with it, it's your baby! It'll happen...:thumbsup:

DanTheCobraMan

Established Member
Sorry to hear it's taking so long. But, that is exactly why I'm doing this thing myself. It is essentially a bolt on proposition, when you consider that there is no major fabbing to do, but, unfortunately there are little peices here and there all over the place that makes this thing work. I couldn't even imagine trying to take it to a shop and have them take a stab at it. I mean, shops make money by moving people in and out quick. This thing needs some time. Is there any reason why you just didn't try and tackle it yourself? I don't think there are any major tools involved, just standard shop tools....

My expectations are that it will take me a good 6 months of on and off work to complete in my spare time, so I have planned for that. If you thought this thing would be done in a week by some shop, you're crazy. To me, six months of not driving my Cobra will be well worth all the money I saved in parts and labor and the fact that I'll have a roots instead of a centri which I don't like on the street... In the end, it will be much cheaper than an 03 Cobra and I won't have to deal with the added insurance cost. The trick to this swap is finding the majority of the parts used and doing the labor yourself. Otherwise, it's can get way expensive. Just my $.02.

Last edited:

Snake Eyes

Established Member
Don't bother! We have convinced Kenne Bell to make a kit for the 99/01 cobras. They officially announced it here (link). So in a month or two the kit should be available. It will cost around $3700, and include everything needed to have a twin-screw blown car. Other accessories will be available (single blade TB, larger MAF and intake tube, etc). But this time around this is no bullshit, we sent in deposits, and are working directly with KB. So now you have that option if you want it.

:beer:
Kyle

snowmancobra

Established Member
If i had a garage I would have probably tackled it after the first shop f'ed up. I even asked my friends if I could use their garages or driveways and that was no dice. So I couldnt just do it myself. I am also HORRIBLE when it comes to putting thigns together. I might be able to do an occasional oil change or putting on a CAI, but when it comes to things like this I rather it be done right. There is some fabbing you have to do too. its not as direct bolt on. Also there are some parts that you simply can't find and you have to HUNT for. The mechanic that is doing this now really seems to know what he is doing and should hopefully be wrapping it up this week at the earliest hopefully NEXT week at the latest. I thought at first it would be done in a week thinking the first mechanic said it would be done that quick, but then I figured witht he right parts it would take about a month. You live and learn. I just can't wait to get this biatch on the road and to enjoy it come spring time.

Its cool that kenne bell finally made their kit I guess I was just too impatient LOL:cryying:

Last edited:

snowmancobra

Established Member
Well its finally really coming together. 90% of the lines are in. Vacuum is hooked up mostly. Alternator is going to be in today(need a specific bolt). pulleys are in. egr is done...

If everything were to come together right it could be done...TOMORROW.

If not end of the week or early next week. Dyno tune coming right after we will take it on a flatbed to be tuned right.

I will have pics this weekend of hopefully what this thing looks like finished

Users who are viewing this thread