Welds vs race star

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
I've owned both brands. If you think racestars are just as good as weld you are a retard. Not even close in quality/fit.

Good parts aren't cheap, and cheap parts aren't good.

Bud

Established Member
I think the race stars look better but when you are going for every pound off the car the welds appear to be where it's at

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
2011 Maxima Assembly: Smyrna, Tennessee, USA

2012 Altima Assembly:
Smyrna, Tennessee, United States
Canton, Mississippi, United States
Aguascalientes, Mexico
Kanda, ***uoka, Japan

Uh huh.

Assembled In America. Yup. Engines built in japan. Most parts made in japan. Car ASSEMBLED in America only. But its funny that you make that comment. Because, of the cars being assembled in USA the values have dropped by more than 10% and the amount of warranty repairs have gone up over 20% per vehicle made in USA.
The Japanese made cars in the lineup Cary higher resales and have lower failure rates.

Why could that be? Any idea?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

tonylittell

Texas sized Balls!
Established Member
I've owned both brands. If you think racestars are just as good as weld you are a retard. Not even close in quality/fit.

Good parts aren't cheap, and cheap parts aren't good.

I have owned both brands as well as Bogart's, hole shots, and center lines.
The fit is the same and the quality, obviously forged is better than cast in quality. The race star wheel quality is better than any American cast wheel though.
And again, my car will drive just as far as yours and go just as fast as yours. And I spent hundreds less... so WHO is a retard?

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
The last set of race stars i had WOULD not balance. Could not get ride of vibration and some days they had clearance issues. Never would mount right. NOthing but issues with them.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Not trying to get into a bash session over the wheels. But I will point out, that BBR was one of the largest Race Star Distributors and promoters until they lost their rights to sell the wheels.

Yes we were, but we choose not to anymore and stopped but that is not the point of this thread. A merely comparison old friend

Ill even admit that Racestars do look good and DO work. Had them on mine for awhile. Swapped to the Weld because oI was tired of the multi lug issues. I'm all about American made too. LOL :beer:

To the OP or anyone wanting to buy either wheel..... if your looking for the RaceStar, beefcake has great deals and will take care of you. If your looking for Welds, we or any other Weld dealer can take care of you

Last edited by a moderator:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Yes we were, but we choose not to anymore and stopped but that is not the point of this thread. A merely comparison old friend

Ill even admit that Racestars do look good and DO work. Had them on mine for awhile. Swapped to the Weld because oI was tired of the multi lug issues. I'm all about American made too. LOL :beer:

To the OP or anyone wanting to buy either wheel..... if your looking for the RaceStar, beefcake has great deals and will take care of you. If your looking for Welds, we or any other Weld dealer can take care of you

good deal!

Driver500

Established Member
I've run both Racestars and Welds. The welds are worth the little bit extra. Better wheel, better construction, and noticeably lighter. I really disliked the centric rings used on the racestars. Suckers took nearly an hour to swap wheel with that junk.

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
American bandwagon getting old. Really, Tell me that when they are no more manufacturing jobs left in the USA. Tell me that when China owns more than half our debt. Wow you really don't get the big picture. American quality not up to standard. Really where?

Maybe you need to quit putting the blame on other countries, and thank the overly lazy American citizen who doesnt want to work or get their hands dirty. Seems like the majority of people these days are "above" a little manual labor. If Americans wont work in America, other countries sure as hell will.

So ill say it again, the next time you want to bitch about a foreigner working in America, why dont you bitch at the American who wont do that foreigners job first.

Pro America, Hell yea. But not everyone can afford to spend 2-2.5k on american made race wheels when a set that cost 1k will serve the same intended purpose for what they are expecting.

Bud

Established Member
If you run 15's up front the weld RT-s are only $1066 shipped. More width and backspacing options in the welds too if you are trying to get the most out of your tire.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
If you run 15's up front the weld RT-s are only $1066 shipped. More width and backspacing options in the welds too if you are trying to get the most out of your tire.

Yea if you do the 15s we have some killer packages on our site

2005-2010 Weld Racing RT-S Package 15"

They do look great

DSC_0451.jpg

DSC_0445.jpg

DSC_0371.jpg

trakit

Established Member
I've run both Racestars and Welds. The welds are worth the little bit extra. Better wheel, better construction, and noticeably lighter. I really disliked the centric rings used on the racestars. Suckers took nearly an hour to swap wheel with that junk.

So if I buy the Weld RTS wheels I can just bolt them right on no washers like the race star uni lugs??? I am tired of dealing with the washers. I want to stick them on and torque them down and go!

Weld Guys Help!!

DNT H8

Established Member
15x10 racestars with M/T Pro's = 49.2 lbs

Whole lotta truth to below statement, shameful.....

Maybe you need to quit putting the blame on other countries, and thank the overly lazy American citizen who doesnt want to work or get their hands dirty. Seems like the majority of people these days are "above" a little manual labor. If Americans wont work in America, other countries sure as hell will.

So ill say it again, the next time you want to bitch about a foreigner working in America, why dont you bitch at the American who wont do that foreigners job first.

Pro America, Hell yea. But not everyone can afford to spend 2-2.5k on american made race wheels when a set that cost 1k will serve the same intended purpose for what they are expecting.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
So if I buy the Weld RTS wheels I can just bolt them right on no washers like the race star uni lugs??? I am tired of dealing with the washers. I want to stick them on and torque them down and go!

Weld Guys Help!!

the 15" welds use a shank style lug as well

the new races stars are direct drill, and use a centered washer, not oblong

welds in larger the 15" use oem lug nuts

we have both available

VGT

Established Member
Like said above, Race star wheels are made in China. Does not employ American workers for manufacturing or use American materials.
Weld Manufactured in the USA by American's .
I'll spend a few more bucks on a superior American product vs sending my money to China. And saving a fellow American his job.

American bandwagon getting old. Really, Tell me that when they are no more manufacturing jobs left in the USA. Tell me that when China owns more than half our debt. Wow you really don't get the big picture. American quality not up to standard. Really where?

So you think the quality of your cast wheels made in China are better than the Weld forged wheels made in the USA? :lol:
Maybe you shouldn't have bought a Ford if you feel that way.

Assembled In America. Yup. Engines built in japan. Most parts made in japan. Car ASSEMBLED in America only. But its funny that you make that comment. Because, of the cars being assembled in USA the values have dropped by more than 10% and the amount of warranty repairs have gone up over 20% per vehicle made in USA.
The Japanese made cars in the lineup Cary higher resales and have lower failure rates.

Why could that be? Any idea?

All this is a joke, right? Perhaps the two of you shouldn't have bought mustangs, as they are only about 65% domestic sourced. What kind of device are you using to participate here? American made? Unlikely.

trakit

Established Member
the 15" welds use a shank style lug as well

the new races stars are direct drill, and use a centered washer, not oblong

welds in larger the 15" use oem lug nuts

we have both available

Thanks Terry,

So if I buy the 15 inch Welds I would be dealing with the same thing as the Uni Lug Race Stars I have now? Do not get me wrong the Race Stars have been great, dealing with the offset washers is a pain to deal with?

Does anyone make a direct throw it on acorn style factory lugnut 15 inch drag wheel?? :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread