Weighed my pig at the track yesterday

SoftBatch

Keep Firing Assholes
Established Member
Just for comparisons sake, My 2005 Mustang GT weighed in at 3400 on teh scales at my AutoX divisional last month. This is all stock sans spare and at a 1/4 tank of gas.

TTA89

Established Member
93SVTCobra said:
If you re-read your original comments you clearly stated that the ONLY MUSTANGS you have ever pointed by had superchargers. So what difference does it make if I bring a full race car out? Regardless of what type of Mustang it is you shouldn't be concerned unless it has a supercharger (which it will never have!) :p

Translation = "03 Cobras make such great Street/Track cars that I have no chance in hell of keeping up with one if I brought out a Naturally Asperated Street Driven Mustang." :rockon: :rockon:

I have never been on-track with racecars, I don't race my car. I just go out and learn how to drive in schools. ;-) The guys in those 200-300HP Non-forced induction Mustangs must still be learning how to drive, cause man do they get in the way quick! :lol1: :lol1:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
You don't by chance have any lap times at any tracks you've been to?

I'll get a few normally aspirated street driven 200-300 hp Mustangs that would probably like to meet you! :) Most of them enjoy pork.......

TTA89

Established Member
I don't "race" my car. :p

I'm just giving you shit, I know the weight is an issue but they hold thier own out there. In fact I'm going to be selling my car soon to buy a dedicated track car, then I'll come kick you're ass! Racecar or not! :coolman:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
TTA89 said:
I don't "race" my car. :p

I'm just giving you shit, I know the weight is an issue but they hold thier own out there. In fact I'm going to be selling my car soon to buy a dedicated track car, then I'll come kick you're ass! Racecar or not! :coolman:

I can't believe you gave up so easy!!! Here I was lining up a few of those slow 200-300 hp NA Mustangs to spank your ass and you throw in the towel..... How disappointing.

So by SOON you mean by next year? Let me know your track schedule so I can get my ass spanked!

P.S. If you've got 450+ RWHP I wouldn't go around bragging about how you can whip 200-300hp NA Mustangs. ;-)

Oh one other thing. I have driven my race car to work before so I guess it would qualify as a street car :p

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
Jimmysidecarr said:
As good as this thread has been...

It's about to get REALLY GOOD!!! :pop: :read: :rockon: :poke:

+1 I'm gonna go get my waders :pop:

TTA89

Established Member
93SVTCobra said:
I can't believe you gave up so easy!!! Here I was lining up a few of those slow 200-300 hp NA Mustangs to spank your ass and you throw in the towel..... How disappointing.

Well it comes down to money really... I'd rather get in and turn the key, bulding this stuff isn't my idea of fun... thats more like work! I'm going to buy a dedicated car thats already setup with a cage, fire system, lexan, etc. My 03 cobra has been fun but I don't want to go to far with it. It does have its weight issues which I'm not about to try and fix. :-D

So by SOON you mean by next year? Let me know your track schedule so I can get my ass spanked!

Yes next season! Now listen, lets go to a real track... None of that flat boring cornfield shit you have over there. I'll have to think about it. :rolling:

P.S. If you've got 450+ RWHP I wouldn't go around bragging about how you can whip 200-300hp NA Mustangs. ;-)

I'm not bragging, my car weighs 3800lbs! Although it does have more than 450hp but hey its not my fault you bring a knife to a gun fight! Christ my tow vehicle has more HP than you're track car! Besides... HP Doesn't mean anything out there anyways right? :D

Oh one other thing. I have driven my race car to work before so I guess it would qualify as a street car :p

I have let my sister borrow mine for a couple days while hers was in the shop... Mines a REAL street car. :bowdown:

;-)

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
starwave.jpg

Talk about bringing a gun to a knife fight!! Can I ride along in one of these cars when you guys battle it out?!! Please please!!

LOL

Dave

:rockon:

93SVTCobra

Established Member
Cornfields? You are a few states off. Mid Ohio and Beaverun have plenty of elevation. I'd gladly go to Watkins Glen and show you how it's done as well.

Or we could meet down at VIR and take care of business there.

Dave - You're welcome to ride along with me if you can find a spot to sit in here (sorry for the size of the picture):

DSCN2029.JPG

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
I'm looking at this photo and think you do not have nearly enough triangulation built into this cage. You should rip it out and start over. ;)

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Mark, scratch the ride-along, just let me drive that beast so I can feel a real sportscar. You have in car videos you can post for us when you raced?

Dave

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
At what point (if ever) does overkill enter the equation of torsional rigidity when installing a roll cage?

93SVTCobra

Established Member
That is probably pretty close. ;-)

See what happens when you get a few Engineers together and a bunch of Chromoly tubing!!! :rockon:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
93SVTCobra said:
That is probably pretty close. ;-)

See what happens when you get a few Engineers together and a bunch of Chromoly tubing!!! :rockon:

Is that about four 40' lengths?!?! :poke: ;-) :p

Users who are viewing this thread