Weighed my pig at the track yesterday

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
If I hadn't been following this thread closely and just popped in for a look and saw that cage... and then saw what looks like a ballast box.

I would be like....WTF... over... All that cage and this guy still needs ballast !!??!!

I guess Chrome Moly really does make a big different!

That is a freaking work of art!!!! :bowdown: :rockon:
At least to someone like me... An aging gear head .... TERMINAL gear head!

After seeing the Grand Am Cup BMW end-o crash I understand why you guys build this stuff the way you do.

Awesome car Mark!!! :bowdown: :thumbsup:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
I might want in on this too, I have more than 300 hp but when I weighed my truck this weekend with me and a set of tires in the box the ticket read 5020lbs. :cryying: :eek: Does that qualify me to make it in on this based on my power to weight ratio??? :banana: :pepper: :p

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
BlackBolt9 said:
I might want in on this too, I have more than 300 hp but when I weighed my truck this weekend with me and a set of tires in the box the ticket read 5020lbs. :cryying: :eek: Does that qualify me to make it in on this based on my power to weight ratio??? :banana: :pepper: :p

Tom:

That may be why we see so many Lightnings on track with their brakes on fire?!?! :uh oh:

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Tom:

That may be why we see so many Lightnings on track with their brakes on fire?!?! :uh oh:

Definitely, I cracked another set of rotors today at Gingerman too!! :uh oh: I will have to get some pictures in a day or two. I should once again follow in Cliffs footsteps and get the Brembos :idea:

TTA89

Established Member
I had the TCE Brake kit on my Lightning and it worked great. WAY Cheaper than the rip off pricing for the Brembos. There are 3 other Trucks here running the TCE kit with good results.

Price out a replacement set of rotors for the Brembos.. Yikes.

P.S. I had a Lightning, you stand no chance. :p Mine was 4800 with me in it if I recall.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
BlackBolt9 said:
Definitely, I cracked another set of rotors today at Gingerman too!! :uh oh: I will have to get some pictures in a day or two. I should once again follow in Cliffs footsteps and get the Brembos :idea:

This may be a silly question but was it as hot on the other side of the pond as it was on the West side?!?!

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
TTA89 said:
I had the TCE Brake kit on my Lightning and it worked great. WAY Cheaper than the rip off pricing for the Brembos. There are 3 other Trucks here running the TCE kit with good results.

Price out a replacement set of rotors for the Brembos.. Yikes.

P.S. I had a Lightning, you stand no chance. :p Mine was 4800 with me in it if I recall.

If you say so, I get to run just as sticky of tires don't I??
I like the Brembo kit, I also like the Stoptech kit, considering others too, haven't really decided which brand I will go with yet. I know I am very very harsh on brakes since I go through a set of pads in a day.

ac427cobra said:
This may be a silly question but was it as hot on the other side of the pond as it was on the West side?!?!

I believe so, someone in the Cobra R forum said something like in the 90's with a supposed 117 measured on the track :eek:

TTA89

Established Member
BlackBolt9 said:
If you say so, I get to run just as sticky of tires don't I??
I like the Brembo kit, I also like the Stoptech kit, considering others too, haven't really decided which brand I will go with yet. I know I am very very harsh on brakes since I go through a set of pads in a day.

I believe so, someone in the Cobra R forum said something like in the 90's with a supposed 117 measured on the track :eek:

I ran my Lightning with Hoosiers so you can run with whatever you want. The stock brakes suck, what pads are you using?

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
TTA89 said:
I ran my Lightning with Hoosiers so you can run with whatever you want. The stock brakes suck, what pads are you using?

Hawk superduties, tried the HPS's this weekend, didn't really care for them so after I burned them up in a day I went back to the superduties. I can almost pick the rear tires off the ground so I don't see how the stock brakes suck :shrug: Rear abs kicks in all the time :pepper: :banana:

Last edited:

SGL

Banned
ac427cobra said:

Hot is not the right word. It was a freaking oven.

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
The temperatures were announced over the intercomm - I assume Mark can verify? The place really cleared out on Sunday, only 1 car showed up for the Group 4 run at 2 PM.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
It was 90's both days. We measured the track temp at around 115. Surprisingly enough though we had only a few mechanical issues and no heat exhaustion which was a VERY pleasant surprise!

SGL

Banned
MidLifeC said:
The temperatures were announced over the intercomm - I assume Mark can verify? The place really cleared out on Sunday, only 1 car showed up for the Group 4 run at 2 PM.

Ah crap! there was my opportunity to show the group 4 guys how a car is supposed to be driven. :shrug: :p

scottmartin

lets get ready to rumble!
Established Member
heat

ac427cobra said:
Bruce, it was hot as H#LL!! damn tires melted!! Scott

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
scottmartin said:
Bruce, it was hot as H#LL!! damn tires melted!! Scott

So, just like last year! :fm: Steamy hot!! I guess I picked a good one to miss?

Sorry I was unable to make it. I heard lots of fun was had despite the heat!

See you guys at Road America in short order. Hopefully it will cool off 30 degrees or so?!?! :whine:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

VENM

One of the Fab 5 Fords
Established Member
SVTOA Gingerman was a great event, despite some mechanical issues and of course the HEAT :fm: First time at the track and who hoo it was a abosoute gas sliding around on those melted tires :banana:
The cup car was pretty impressive too :eek:
Was able to log quite a few 1:38's which I was happy with :-D
and the beer... they went down really good after sitting in the ice all day chill'en ;-)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread