Weather

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
Since the title of the thread is:

"WEATHER"

I thought that we should talk about that.
If you don't want to talk about the weather, I'm sure there are other threads about turbos that you could start/join in on/click on....

Thanks for playing.

No Rob thank you for playing:beer:

instantmassege

LS WHAT?
Established Member
Becuase some of us bought our cars to appreciate and last a long time. I drove my last GT for about a winter and a half and it took a beating. It looked like crap as a result. Washing the car once every two weeks doesnt stop it from getting pelted on the highway by sand and salt. I understand your point, but I can afford to park my car for 5 months of the year and I choose to do so becuase when I'm 50 ( 28 now ) I want my Cobra to look the same way it does now ( with out having to restore it ). It's just in no way shape or form worth it to me to risk driving in inclement weather...I am sure your driving abilities are fine, it's everyone else that I don't trust.

Well if you plan on keeping it until your 50 then i agree with you. If you want to be in pretty good condition in 22 years then yea storing it would be a good idea. I just dont think most people will be hanging on to cars for more then 4-5 years. But if you can afford it than thats cool.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Since the title of the thread is:

"WEATHER"

I thought that we should talk about that.
If you don't want to talk about the weather, I'm sure there are other threads about turbos that you could start/join in on/click on....

Thanks for playing.

if you read the posts in order, you would realized my comment was directed towards YOUR comment wondering why there is a post about weather....:rollseyes

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Whats holding you back on deciding on whether to go with a 76mm or the 88? Doesn't matter it will defintly get you to where you need to go either way :rolling:

just spool time, what I want for power, where the car is gonna be in a couple years ect. Want to spend my $7k (76mm) OR $9k (88mm) effeciently....lol

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
just spool time, what I want for power, where the car is gonna be in a couple years ect. Want to spend my $7k (76mm) OR $9k (88mm) effeciently....lol

Well I'm sure the 76mm will produce all the power you want and more for a good bit less too. But it does sound a little bit sweeter to say "I have the 88mm twin hellion setup" when somebody asks what you got. But there isn't a person in this country that should snicker at the 76mm setup either. Goodluck with whatever you choose.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Well I'm sure the 76mm will produce all the power you want and more for a good bit less too. But it does sound a little bit sweeter to say "I have the 88mm twin hellion setup" when somebody asks what you got. But there isn't a person in this country that should snicker at the 76mm setup either. Goodluck with whatever you choose.

those prices are for a SINGLE turbo kit.....LOL....not interested in twins...more weight, lots more money, some issue's here and there, and they dont produce THAT MUCH more power with both setups being equal

merc lover

Established Member
if you read the posts in order, you would realized my comment was directed towards YOUR comment wondering why there is a post about weather....:rollseyes

OK now I get it-you were being sarcastic.
If you're wondering why, ask the guy who started it.
You know, it's funny. On the day of that first snowfall, I said to myself, "Gee-I wonder who the first person to bitch on SVTP about the snow will be?"
Looks like it was 99stanger.:bored:

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
OK now I get it-you were being sarcastic.
If you're wondering why, ask the guy who started it.
You know, it's funny. On the day of that first snowfall, I said to myself, "Gee-I wonder who the first person to bitch on SVTP about the snow will be?"
Looks like it was 99stanger.:bored:

You the man Rob:rockon:

Postal Pimp

torque is my heroin....
Established Member
i'll tell ya it does suck a ton when the weather turns bad. but if you have an investment of 25k to 35k you want it to last a LOOOONG TIME!! if you keep it or sell it down the road. it would be nice to get your $$ back or more for a clean car. as for the beater i got a P.O.S. '86 jeep cherokee for 1,400 3 years ago an still have it. prior to my cobra i had a sweet crimson red gt '04. when i traded it in for the cobra i got 2,200 over its worth. not bad for garaging it 3 to 4 months a year for 3 winters. i say let it sit, its an investment and your toy.:rockon::rockon:

luv2hiss

Transplanted again...
Established Member
I was less than thrilled to fly out Monday morning in that ice storm, but landing in Atlanta, GA where the air temp was 72 degrees certainly made it worthwhile. God how I wished I had my Cobra with me down there. Had lunch and dinner both days outside on the patio at the restaurants. Then of course, reality set back in when I landed in Manch-vegas to 35 degrees with rain last night at 11pm.

tony281sc2

Established Member
http://www1.whdh.com/weather/

"Saturday night and Sunday, models are hinting (basically flat out telling us) that the weather set up is ideal for a major nor'easter. As of now, I think it'll be an all snow event that has the potential of dumping nearly a foot of snow!"

Users who are viewing this thread