Weather

merc lover

Established Member
Not to be a dick, but coming to the NE forums and complaining about the weather just doesn't make much sense to me. I heard it all day: "Oh, it's snowing, oh it's cold out". Do people not realize that NE is a COLD part of the country? That it snows EVERY YEAR, and some people seem suprised every damn time the white stuff starts falling from the sky and the wind begins to howl and the temperature plummets below zero(which it hasn't even yet)? "Oh, it's so COLD" I head all week mostly from females as soon as the temp. dropped to a bone-cilling THIRTY-NINE DEGREES. My standard response was "Wow, WTF are you going to do when I'ts like nine degrees out"?
FYI studies have shown that those who live in drastically changing climates are more intelligent than those who live in climates which don't change much, or at all. Something about cognitive reasoning or life preservation or something like that.
So next time you're pissed about the weather, just think: You'll be smarter for it.
BTW Ben I am not saying you are one of those people, I'm just ranting a little. Sorry, but it pisses me off when people bitch about the weather getting colder when they know damn well that they live in NE and that it always happens. People like that should move to someplace where the weather is warmer and be stupid.
It is always a sad day, however, when so many cars go away for the winter. But that is also what makes the nice weather that much sweeter.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
usually when the white stuff flies for the first time it's alway a kick to the head. I for one enjoy'd it..drifting with my AWD subaru is always a blast. Thankfully the Cobra is sleeping peacfully covered in my garage

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
Not to be a dick, but coming to the NE forums and complaining about the weather just doesn't make much sense to me. I heard it all day: "Oh, it's snowing, oh it's cold out". Do people not realize that NE is a COLD part of the country? That it snows EVERY YEAR, and some people seem suprised every damn time the white stuff starts falling from the sky and the wind begins to howl and the temperature plummets below zero(which it hasn't even yet)? "Oh, it's so COLD" I head all week mostly from females as soon as the temp. dropped to a bone-cilling THIRTY-NINE DEGREES. My standard response was "Wow, WTF are you going to do when I'ts like nine degrees out"?
FYI studies have shown that those who live in drastically changing climates are more intelligent than those who live in climates which don't change much, or at all. Something about cognitive reasoning or life preservation or something like that.
So next time you're pissed about the weather, just think: You'll be smarter for it.
BTW Ben I am not saying you are one of those people, I'm just ranting a little. Sorry, but it pisses me off when people bitch about the weather getting colder when they know damn well that they live in NE and that it always happens. People like that should move to someplace where the weather is warmer and be stupid.
It is always a sad day, however, when so many cars go away for the winter. But that is also what makes the nice weather that much sweeter.

I understand what you are saying and I expected the "so what we live in New England" comment ( not necessarly from you Rob). It just sucks that winter is here, and won't be leaving for quite sometime. It took me literally 30mins just to get in my driveway today.

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
do you have a daily driver or do you drive the GTO?

GTO = DD. But I only work about a 2 minutte walk from my house so its not a big deal. I do have school every tuesday + Thursday in Gardner until the 15th of December.... so I am praying for now snow fall around those days.

SKEETER_SVT01

Living it up
Established Member
Luckly i was able to get mine friday and have fun that night before this weather began. Just see the bad weather as a time to save for fun items in the spring.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member

so just because we live here we should be comepletely content with all the crappy weather we get? Screw that I hate the cold and I plan on bitching and moaning all winter!

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
you daily drive that? dude get a winter beater for like 200 bucks

No way I would rather walk to work in the freezing cold/snow/ice than waste my money on some stupid p.o.s that I will only have for a couple of months. Plus that 200$ is like 1 rear tire for me.

bigdog93lx

Gallons per mile
Established Member
^ haha, I bought a jeep cherokee last year for like 2800 bucks thing runs like a champ and has 4x4. I can't even find cars for under a grand that will pass inspection around here.

merc lover

Established Member
so just because we live here we should be comepletely content with all the crappy weather we get? Screw that I hate the cold and I plan on bitching and moaning all winter!

Good for you.
One can, however, raise the logical question: If you hate it there are other weather climates which may be better suited to your taste. Hell I love the winter, and the snow. It's part of NE and I grew up with it my whole life and I like all the seasons equally(although I think fall is my favorite). I loved skating on the ponds and playing hockey as a kid, bombing down golfcourse hills in a toboggan, sledding, snowforts, snowball fights, etc. I't just another season to me. IDK how many of you have had to spend Christmas in a climate that was very warm and with no snow, and it's just not the same.
Driving in it definitely sucks, however to me it seems like it sucks to drive most of the time anyway. Whether it's the leaf peepers in the fall, the people cutting through on their way to the Cape in the summer, or the rush of college students in the Spring, in this region every new season brings a new and exciting aggravation to the roadways.

Ben-
+1 on the winter beater, your car's too clean to get all salty.

Last edited:

ponynx

Established Member
if you dont like new england weather just move !!!!!!!!!!!!!! i for one love winter ! pete and i are headed north tomorrow for some pre season snowmobiling !! gotta love the winter !

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
ben i am shocked...is this your first winter with the car? There is no way in hell you can keep a nice car in good shape while driving it through the snow/salt/sand of NE. I had a $500 subaru that did my driving duties from Nov - April for two years and it was a life saver. Luckily i was able to afford a much nicer 2nd car that I now daily drive.

All it takes is 1 second of bad judgement on someone else's part to destory your car...just not worth it to me.

gtmustang00

Established Member
ill gladly take the snow, just means i make more money to fund my motor and get myself a new bike!.

99stanger

RPB
Established Member
Rob and Ian I wish I had a couple of hundred to throw away on a car. But I just can't justify paying money for a car ( that I may or may not have to service) plus pay money for my insurance on the gto because its a loan. I don't take it out when its snowing, and I go through a carwash about once a week to get and salt/sand off of her. And in the spring I put her up on jack stands and clean and lubricate the underside of the car. Hopefully next year I can buy myself a winter beater, but not this year.

Ian this actually my 2nd winter with the gto, I really try hard not to drive her but there are emergencies from time to time. Plus I run into the problem of the only place to store my car is at my uncle's vacation home in Naragannsett RI.

Dynotune04

The Turtle
Established Member
i drove my 94 buick lasebre all winter last year. as for inspection all it has to do is pass safety. you can get 2 rejection stickers for the car and they last 60 days ( 2 months)
that 4 total from december to april then toss the car. i had enough money kicking around this year to get my s10 tho that will be daily driver all year long and just take my car out when i feel its necessary to have some fun!

Users who are viewing this thread