We lost another 14 GT500

heatsoaked12

Established Member
That looked like a bad one. It does annoy me when the entire world says LAWYER UP a thousand times. Wait till it's them one-day that's at fault and see what they say. They wonder why insurance rates are so high,its cause of assholes like them. Hope you are okay and get what you need.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Might be an overreaction there man, but if a 20yr guy was texting in his lifted diesel and plowed into ANYTHING he should learn a lesson. Really amazing Steve wasn't seriously hurt. I don't jump on the lawsuit bandwagon but there are times it fits, and IF he was texting and driving a machine modified to destroy almost anything on the road, maybe he does need to hear from an attorney.
Not a big fan of these trucks because there are no minor accidents
-J

CV355

_
Established Member
Glad you're ok man.

Geez this year has had a lot of accidents... My wife was in two (one was 100+mph), five co-workers were in accidents... None their fault.

Driving is becoming more and more dangerous with oblivious idiots and more distractions than ever.

Stay safe out there.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, glad you're ok. It upsets how little people pay attention and how fast one mistake can change people's lives forever.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
That looked like a bad one. It does annoy me when the entire world says LAWYER UP a thousand times. Wait till it's them one-day that's at fault and see what they say. They wonder why insurance rates are so high,its cause of assholes like them. Hope you are okay and get what you need.
I'm trying to avoid getting a Lawyer. It really happened at a shity time, but I guess that's how life works. I'm not trying to get rich or anything like that. I just want to get another car.
Might be an overreaction there man, but if a 20yr guy was texting in his lifted diesel and plowed into ANYTHING he should learn a lesson. Really amazing Steve wasn't seriously hurt. I don't jump on the lawsuit bandwagon but there are times it fits, and IF he was texting and driving a machine modified to destroy almost anything on the road, maybe he does need to hear from an attorney.
Not a big fan of these trucks because there are no minor accidents
-J
I agree, had I been in a viper or a C6Z I think I would have been hurt a lot more. But luckily our cars are safe. But I really hope the kid who hit me wakes up and starts paying attention. He's lucky I walked away.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm trying to avoid getting a Lawyer. It really happened at a shity time, but I guess that's how life works. I'm not trying to get rich or anything like that. I just want to get another car....

+1. I am the exact same way. All this lawyer talk gets old.

I had my 3 year old son with me a few years back cruising down the road in my 88 Chevy suburban (miss that truck!) when some dopey 20-something kid with pitch black tinted windows pulls out RIGHT IN FRONT of us while we were traveling down the road going about 40 mph.

Impact was dead center front of my truck to his driver door and about a quarter of his driver fender. I was able to drive home with minimal damage to the suburban. However, I DEMOLISHED his Cadillac car. Not drivable, tow required LOL. 20-something driver was fine, no injuries thank God.

My son was fine but I was sore for a few weeks in the shoulder, chest, and neck area. Everyone I talked to was like "lawyer, lawyer, lawyer"... come on. No thanks.

Physically, I'm 100% fine now. I negotiated myself with his insurance and they paid me almost 2x what the suburban was worth just to fix it... ended up being about $4k. I was more than happy with that and was treated fairly.

No lawyers or any of that. I fixed the truck myself with junkyard parts and pocketed about $2k. All good.

Last edited:

heatsoaked12

Established Member
KEEP THAT RACIST CRAP OFF OF THIS WEBSITE. IT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. - MODERATORS

Last edited by a moderator:

Clemson

Established Member
Dang, looks like I missed the entertainment factor of this post.....anyway, glad youre OK op, that could have gone MUCH worse. I would be devastated if mine got totaled - it would be nearly impossible to replace - its one of only 47 built like mine in 2013.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
+1. I am the exact same way. All this lawyer talk gets old.

I had my 3 year old son with me a few years back cruising down the road in my 88 Chevy suburban (miss that truck!) when some dopey 20-something kid with pitch black tinted windows pulls out RIGHT IN FRONT of us while we were traveling down the road going about 40 mph.

Impact was dead center front of my truck to his driver door and about a quarter of his driver fender. I was able to drive home with minimal damage to the suburban. However, I DEMOLISHED his Cadillac car. Not drivable, tow required LOL. 20-something driver was fine, no injuries thank God.

My son was fine but I was sore for a few weeks in the shoulder, chest, and neck area. Everyone I talked to was like "lawyer, lawyer, lawyer"... come on. No thanks.

Physically, I'm 100% fine now. I negotiated myself with his insurance and they paid me almost 2x what the suburban was worth just to fix it... ended up being about $4k. I was more than happy with that and was treated fairly.

No lawyers or any of that. I fixed the truck myself with junkyard parts and pocketed about $2k. All good.
My accident was pretty damn bad, considering it's already up to 33k in damages. but I as long the car is paid off and I get some money for the huge inconvenience this has been than I'll let it go.
Dang, looks like I missed the entertainment factor of this post.....anyway, glad youre OK op, that could have gone MUCH worse. I would be devastated if mine got totaled - it would be nearly impossible to replace - its one of only 47 built like mine in 2013.
Yeah mine was 1 of 19. I'm still waiting to hear if they are actually going to total it out. But with 33k in damages I don't see them trying to fix it

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
My accident was pretty damn bad, considering it's already up to 33k in damages. but I as long the car is paid off and I get some money for the huge inconvenience this has been than I'll let it go.

Yeah mine was 1 of 19. I'm still waiting to hear if they are actually going to total it out. But with 33k in damages I don't see them trying to fix it

It has to be totaled. I wouldn’t even want it fixed if I was you. It probably wouldn’t be the same. If they don’t I’d go after the insurance for diminished value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
It has to be totaled. I wouldn’t even want it fixed if I was you. It probably wouldn’t be the same. If they don’t I’d go after the insurance for diminished value.

No way that car can be put back together. Id wager most of the cars energy absorption points have buckled. Its what let Steve walk away in the first place. 33k is about what, 75% of the market rate for a 13-14 now? Shouldnt even be a question.

blue 07

Established Member
Sorry to see the car like that but your ok which is that really matters ! Although it must suck big time, there are other GT500s out there. I drive over 60k a year and I can't tell you how many times I've seen close calls and accidents like yours.Glad your ok !!

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member

I agree, I don't see how the car is not totaled, it's a complete disaster in person. It's already up 33k in damages and that's just from looking at it. If they even try and fix it I will tell them just keep it cause I don't want it.
Glad you are ok brother
Thanks Justin, I appricate it, can't wait to see your Shelby after paint.
No way that car can be put back together. Id wager most of the cars energy absorption points have buckled. Its what let Steve walk away in the first place. 33k is about what, 75% of the market rate for a 13-14 now? Shouldnt even be a question.
That's what I'm saying lol, the back 3 feet of the car is missing, and the right rear side of the car is completely crumpled from being hit by a 9 thousand pound truck.I won't hear anything till after the 1st of the year, but they better total it and pay it off so I can move on with my life and find another one.

Users who are viewing this thread