Watts Link Glory!

BMR Tech

Hopefully have a busy weekend ahead of me. I picked up some new parts for my own ride today, and I'm shooting to get everything installed this weekend.

I have our UTCA033 and UCM002, EN001, along with a WL005 kit. The UTCA033 and UCM002 are designed to be installed on 11-14 cars, but can be installed on 05-10 with the 11-14 upper bolt. I opted for the poly/rod version of the WL.

22025713785_2889832f59_b.jpg

21837852758_1530d06219_b.jpg

BMR Tech

I haven't installed it yet, but t-minus 60 minutes before I get started. The WL weighs about 22 lbs, including the hardware. As far as weight added, depends on what PHR and brace you're using. Ball park, 10-15 lbs.

ridetech_ryan

Established Member
Very nice looking product. Price is way under what i expected compared to other watts links. Great job guys! Once my Saleen is running again I will be getting one of these.

BMR Tech 2

Got the Watts installed a few weeks ago and forgot to update this thread. What a blast! The car feels much more planted/stable when cornering or accelerating. Hitting bumps in the road it also feels much more stable and composed. I'm anxious to play around with the settings on it and get it dialed in. Right now I have the pivot set up pretty high on the WL (second hole) and it's very tail happy. I'll most likely bring it down some and play around with my sway bars a little bit to get it all dialed in. No clunks or squeaks with it, the only extra noise is a tiny bit more gear noise in the cabin. Not unbearable by any means.

I ended up swapping back to the poly bushings because the elastomer were just a bit too large to fit well in the mounting brackets. I may revisit the elastomer again at another time. I suck and didn't take a lot of pictures, I always forget to stop and take pictures!

22074466025_7a055bcca0_c.jpg

22084461691_24397dd503_c.jpg

Between the UCA033 spherical UCA and EN001 poly diff bushing, there was very little NVH added to the car. I'm very happy with how well the car rides and handles with the new parts! Don't fear spherical/bearing stuff.

BMR Tech 2

I got my new sway bar installed last night and dropped the RC down on my watts. It feels just as responsive as it did before, but my confidence accelerating out of a corner is substantially improved. With the RC set up so high, it would get a little more squirrelly than I like for the street. I'm very happy with the way the car handles and rides on the street with this latest slew of of parts, but I still think I may have some a-arms in my future to make the front end feel a little more crisp. The factory hydrobushings really take all the feel out of the front end and after driving our shop car with our a-arms, it sucks going back to the stock a-arms!

Mark Aubele

Established Member
I got my new sway bar installed last night and dropped the RC down on my watts. It feels just as responsive as it did before, but my confidence accelerating out of a corner is substantially improved. With the RC set up so high, it would get a little more squirrelly than I like for the street. I'm very happy with the way the car handles and rides on the street with this latest slew of of parts, but I still think I may have some a-arms in my future to make the front end feel a little more crisp. The factory hydrobushings really take all the feel out of the front end and after driving our shop car with our a-arms, it sucks going back to the stock a-arms!

Are you running it at the lowest setting? What rear sway bar are you running (and rest of suspension setup)?

Pulling the trigger on a Watts/upper arm soon, or Watts/torque arm.

Also have you guys done any testing on the track? Only part that worries me is the poly in the propeller, really don't want any poly in the rear of the car at all. Wanted to see how that part holds up under abuse on sticky tires.

BMR Tech 2

Are you running it at the lowest setting? What rear sway bar are you running (and rest of suspension setup)?

Pulling the trigger on a Watts/upper arm soon, or Watts/torque arm.

Also have you guys done any testing on the track? Only part that worries me is the poly in the propeller, really don't want any poly in the rear of the car at all. Wanted to see how that part holds up under abuse on sticky tires.

I have mine set to the second hole from the bottom, OEM Boss 302 rear sway bar (25mm). I like it much better than when I had it set to the second from the top with no sway bar.

The WL006 doesn't come with any poly bushings, it comes with rod ends on the linkage arms. The propeller bushing in both kits is delrin, not poly.

Users who are viewing this thread