Watches......Show Us What You Got!

Kiohtee

Established Member
Alright fellas, I need some input here. Looking to add a Citizen to my collection and I think I've decided on one of these two. My question is, in the experience of SVTP watch gurus, is the Eco-Drive line a good buy? Both of these are under $200 FWIW.

C1.jpg
C2.jpg

blk02edge

Established Member
I dont think i've ever heard anything negative about an eco drive. I like the chrono on the left

Kiohtee

Established Member
Ive had an eco drive for 5-6 years now and its great

I dont think i've ever heard anything negative about an eco drive. I like the chrono on the left

Thanks for the feedback fellas!

I know it's a preference and there's no one size fits all, but what do some of y'all prefer as far as case size goes? My current one is 43mm, which I find too small, so I've been thinking about returning it and shopping exclusively for 45mms.

Bertucci A-2S. Nothing fancy, just simple, effective, and good looking (to me).

View attachment 1438091

Looks good!

Jmurrz

Established Member
Thanks for the feedback fellas!

I know it's a preference and there's no one size fits all, but what do some of y'all prefer as far as case size goes? My current one is 43mm, which I find too small, so I've been thinking about returning it and shopping exclusively for 45mms.

Looks good!
It all depends on how big your wrists are, my sweet spot is 42-44mm any smaller and it looks like a toy and any bigger and it looks like I am trying too hard.

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Any of you guys have a Blancpain Fifty Fathoms? I saw one while in Vegas this summer and really liked it.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Alright fellas, I need some input here. Looking to add a Citizen to my collection and I think I've decided on one of these two. My question is, in the experience of SVTP watch gurus, is the Eco-Drive line a good buy? Both of these are under $200 FWIW.

View attachment 1438030 View attachment 1438031

I have the one on the left, and like it.

I have a bunch of Citizen Eco-Drives, and have never had a problem.

Sirhc7897

Established Member

I've got several more "expensive" watches in my collection but when I travel or do anything where I may absolutely need to depend on my watch to be right and working I always pull my Citizen Eco Drive out of the watch box. I've got one of the ones that does automatic time and date correction to the atomic clock and is super easy to switch between time zones.

It's been abused in pretty much every environment around the world for the last 5-6 years and never missed a beat.

If I have any complaint it's that, after 6 years, the solar battery storage isn't what it used to be. It actually died on me a few months ago (sat in the box too long I guess and my current work conditions/wearing habits over some period of time hadn't let it charge enough) but I let it sit out in the sun for a day and it's back to being spot on. Even reset itself for day/date/time...

Wrist size has a lot to do with watch size IMO. I've got anywhere from 42-45mm sizes and a 42 is about as small as I'd want to go where a 45 is about as big as I'd want to go...

Kiohtee

Established Member
If anyone can help me find a watch meeting the below criteria to a T, I will believe you're truly a god! It's driving me nuts!

Brown leather strap (7.5-8")
White face
Stainless case
43-45mm case
Automatic
Roman numerals preferred
<$600

Users who are viewing this thread