Want experiwould you choose between the full SW and a LT/x/borla stinger

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Hey guys,
I want to know if anyone has or has heard a full SW's (stainless works) exhaust setup on a cobra. I am trying to decide between this setup and a LT, X-pipe, Borla stinger combo. I want a LOUD yet not incredibly raspy with that almost glass slapping sound?? Lol, I don't know how to explain it. So my question:
Has anyone heard a full SW exhaust setup on a cobra- if so, how did it sound?
What would you choose between the full SW and a LT/x/borla stinger combo for my goals?

Last edited:

SVTCobra60

Established Member
FYI, I would probably go catted due to being in NY and not wanting shit from cops. As far as the LT/X/stinger combo, I was looking into maybe a Mac LT, 3" VRS SS x, and stinger. Could this be achievable?

x275_eric

Established Member
i have a catted magnaflow x pipe with borla stingers and it sounds great! but no headers :( its pretty loud but not realllyyy loud lol

SVTCobra60

Established Member
How much louder do you believe LT's would make it? I definitely want a loud car but clean loud. Not like SLP loud lol, or M55, no offense to those who have it.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
A prochamber mid pipe will give you a great sound. It cuts the raspiness down on the Stingers. Thant or a bassani, that's what I have on my car, the sound is great but the droning on the highway is very minimal. Straight x pipes give stingers an annoying raspiness and the drone at speed is annyonig. Dr Gas makes an x-pipe that gives the Stingers a great sound as well if you must have an X-pipe I'd go Dr. Gas.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Did you get a Cobra???

One might be coming?;-)

A prochamber mid pipe will give you a great sound. It cuts the raspiness down on the Stingers. Thant or a bassani, that's what I have on my car, the sound is great but the droning on the highway is very minimal. Straight x pipes give stingers an annoying raspiness and the drone at speed is annyonig. Dr Gas makes an x-pipe that gives the Stingers a great sound as well if you must have an X-pipe I'd go Dr. Gas.

If I go with bassani IDK what LT I'd use, they would have to be custom fit, Dr. Gas makes a 3" mid pipe correct?

01FormulaTA

Established Member
Never heard them on a cobra but I had some SW's longtubes on an Fbody and they were top notch....very expensive though but all in all one of the highest quality exhaust set ups you can buy, American Racing Headers also make very high quality products

dsm2cobra

Established Member
I have a SW x-pipe and exhaust on my Cobra. The quality is excellent and it is loud and sounds nasty. I wouldn't recommend it if your car is a daily. I didn't like the tips that came with the exhaust, so I swapped them out for some 4" slash cut tips.

mach1033

Established Member
I had the MAC LT's, lethal x pipe and magnapacks catback. Sounded great at WOT and not to crazy while cruising. I had the catted x pipe. The standard magnaflow catback sounds great at wot and is very quiet while cruising. The stingers are loud and sound great as well.

testorossa1989

Established Member
Id say stick to brands you know. Exhausts are something companies spend a lot of time on and test out to get that perfect sound. You get what you pay for and although ive heard of that company, i havent seen many with it. Remember youll be listening to your exhaust more than anything.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
I have a SW x-pipe and exhaust on my Cobra. The quality is excellent and it is loud and sounds nasty. I wouldn't recommend it if your car is a daily. I didn't like the tips that came with the exhaust, so I swapped them out for some 4" slash cut tips.

So no headers? Have you ever heard borla stingers in person? How would u say it compares. Also why not on a daily? I don't mind some noise lol, I aslso only drive like 20 miles a day.

I had the MAC LT's, lethal x pipe and magnapacks catback. Sounded great at WOT and not to crazy while cruising. I had the catted x pipe. The standard magnaflow catback sounds great at wot and is very quiet while cruising. The stingers are loud and sound great as well.

I want something that sounds really good while cruising to. A nice rumble. That's why I figure stingers would be the best for the full RPM range.
Id say stick to brands you know. Exhausts are something companies spend a lot of time on and test out to get that perfect sound. You get what you pay for and although ive heard of that company, i havent seen many with it. Remember youll be listening to your exhaust more than anything.

SW's are a huge company? Just not totally popular on cobra's not sure why. From the 2 or 3 videos I've found they sound amazing. That's why I'm trying to get more peoples opinions who have heard them! Yes I will get what I like not what everyone else likes, I just don't have much material to work with as far as how SW sounds.

x275_eric

Established Member
How much louder do you believe LT's would make it? I definitely want a loud car but clean loud. Not like SLP loud lol, or M55, no offense to those who have it.

im sure LT's will make it louder for sure. will sound a whole lot better then slp's :rockon:

racebronco2

Established Member

I have this same set-up. Cruising you can hear the exhaust but sounds good. Anything over 2000rpm in the city and it gets much louder. A couple of friends say it sounds like a nascar when i get on it, you can hear it a block away.
As long as i keep it under 2000rpms the cops don't even look over at me.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Thanks guys I appreciate the feedback! From my experience stingers seem to be louder than magnapacks, am I right? If so, it seems the mac LT/ x ppipe/ stingers is a safe route to go lol. Any opinions on using a 3" mid-pipe? Such as the SS VRS

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
Stainless Works makes exhaust that lots of people are happy with. They're not a new company, we just don't hear about their exhausts being on Cobras often. I have a few buddies with Marauders that have SW exhaust and won't have anything else. I was considering their LTs, but they were higher than others I found. I would have no problem running their full exhaust if the price was right.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
Thanks for those 2 videos ^^^ have seen the second but not the first! My only worry is I don't know if I want to risk going catless considering I'm in NY! Wish I could though.

Users who are viewing this thread