Wandering Earth Movie on Netflix - Great CGI & Close Encounter w/ Jupiter!

quad

Established Member
I did not expect much when I started watching this movie but they did a phenomenal job with the CGI. The movie is quite epic with a crazy storyline! I think Netflix trimmed the original movie time down after they acquired the rights to stream it. I'd be interested to see the full length version.

The premise is the Sun enters a red giant phase sooner than expected and it is decided to move the Earth out of the Solar System to Alpha Centauri, a star that is 4.37 light years from Earth. The whole journey would take 2500 years and they would use Jupiter's gravity to boost their speed. Well they get the Earth moving but miscalculated and Earth is on a collision course with Jupiter and fast approaching the Roche limit where it will break apart and become an asteroid belt of Jupiter!

Watch this in the original Chinese w/ subtitles.

the_wandering_earth_jupiter_1050_591_81_s_c1.jpg

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Thanks for the share. I love good sci-fi might check that out tonight.

It looks interesting, but I'd prefer it be dubbed in English.

Hit or miss. Annoying trying to read subtitles in a heavy visual movie like this. But the lips not matching to the audio ruins movies for me sometimes. It's like the uncanny valley with CGI people. Off juuust enough to register in my brain as "off or wrong" and ruin the whole thing.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the share. I love good sci-fi might check that out tonight.

Hit or miss. Annoying trying to read subtitles in a heavy visual movie like this. But the lips not matching to the audio ruins movies for me sometimes. It's like the uncanny valley with CGI people. Off juuust enough to register in my brain as "off or wrong" and ruin the whole thing.

Yea watching "Dark" on netflix was tough at times due to that.
Especially when Netflix would translate the audio to english and it wouldn't even match their own subtitles.

quad

Established Member
It looks interesting, but I'd prefer it be dubbed in English.
You have the option to watch it in dubbed English on Netflix. Apparently the dubbing is pretty good. I might watch it again in English. It is the second highest grossing film of all time in China. They have already announced a sequel to be released in December 2023.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Yea watching "Dark" on netflix was tough at times due to that.
Especially when Netflix would translate the audio to english and it wouldn't even match their own subtitles.

Yeah, can't remember if it was Amazon or Netflix but an iRobot type series that looked good, think it was Russian. Dubbing was so off it almost made you nauseous. Just ****ed with my perception too much.

You have the option to watch it in dubbed English on Netflix. Apparently the dubbing is pretty good. I might watch it again in English. It is the second highest grossing film of all time in China. They have already announced a sequel to be released in December 2023.

Welp, time to get some take out and give it a shot.

quad

Established Member
Darn! Just dropped Netflix two days ago!
Bummer! Yeah I don't use Netflix often enough but my mom shares the account and she gets use out of it so I just keep it. I also have Hulu and barely use that. I'll have to find something on there to watch lmao!

quad

Established Member

One of the comments haha!

Aliens earth invasion strike group halfway heading to earth...

Aliens: What the hell is that thing in front of us?
Aliens captain: WTF, who are they? they are on a collision course with us!

Earthlings UEG: Please divert your course 15 degrees to your right side to avoid a collision.

Aliens captain: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to your right side to avoid a collision.

Earthlings UEG: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to your right side to avoid a collision.

Aliens captain: This is the Captain of HMS krypton lance. I say again, divert YOUR course.

Earthlings UEG: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Aliens captain: THIS IS THE HMS KRYPTON LANCE, THE FASTEST AND SECOND LARGEST STAR BATTLE SHIP IN THE KRYPTONIC EMPIRE INTERSTELLAR FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY 1000 STAR DESTROYERS, 5000 GALAXY CRUISERS AND ONE MILLION SUPPORT STAR SHIPS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES TO YOUR RIGHT SIDE, I SAY AGAIN, THAT'S ONE FIVE DEGREES TO YOUR RIGHT, OR COUNTER-MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF OUR FLEET.

Earthlings UEG: This is a planet, over...

musclefan21

Established Member
This was a TERRIBLE movie lol. I mean there was soooo much "hero, action" scenes, i fell asleep, woke up, they were still being heroes.. it was overboard. Also, noticed how China teamed up with Russia on saving the world and the US folks were nowhere to be seen in the movie. A classic wanna be US movie, but overdone. way overdone.

blk02edge

Established Member
This was a TERRIBLE movie lol. I mean there was soooo much "hero, action" scenes, i fell asleep, woke up, they were still being heroes.. it was overboard. Also, noticed how China teamed up with Russia on saving the world and the US folks were nowhere to be seen in the movie. A classic wanna be US movie, but overdone. way overdone.
Hollywood has made 10 million US hero story movies, let the rest of the world have one lol. Especially when it's made in Chyna what did you expect

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Bummer! Yeah I don't use Netflix often enough but my mom shares the account and she gets use out of it so I just keep it. I also have Hulu and barely use that. I'll have to find something on there to watch lmao!
I dropped Hulu last year. Too much content was dropped and too many series had missing episodes. I was then fortunate to be invited to share a friend's YouTube- TV account. I'm fine with YouTube-TV, but functionally it has a long way to go to match Hulu and other services. Too many quirks and limitations with the Live Guide. The other service I use is HBO-Max. One reason I went with it is that it has every season and every episode of Big Bang Theory. My wife and I are huge fans.

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Cool idea for a movie, but yeah, tough to get through.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I actually like subtitles better than dubs. So I will check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread