Walker Racing

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
5.0.Dean and Tetge get decent speeds at LACR. I think Dean has been close to 118 (maybe higher -- his car is strong). Tetge has run (??) 113 - 115 (if my memory fails, clarify Tetge ...)

On our 12 second runs (dang, I had to say it ha ha) Adam and I went 107, 108, and 107. It is just the altitude? Folks go a lot higher MPH at Carlsbad. I've run 113 mph at Fontana before the recent mods.
We need to do that 'Carlsbad day' before they close it and get them to VHT the hell out of it. Last time it was slip and slide, right? Need to do it on a day Adam is out of school (or he has to be 'sick' that day).
JW

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
OH See ur a cool dad :beer:
Carlsbad was not good for me on 1st gear. No matter what i tried, i just spun bad on 1st gear :nonono:

Only time i felt like sliding around on all gears was the very 1st time @ LARC.... 1st - 4th :eek: Every visit backs been cool.

We should do Carlsbad for sure.....but this time we should go with some force :D

stang99

Best trap speed at LACR was 112.7 for me. I was also running 108 the last time I was there but the time before on a Friday night with bald tires I was around 111. The wind was blowing on Checy vs Ford day. But, who can understand the variations in my car's performance?
BTW: Your memory is failing, so's mine. It oldtimer's disease.

Originally posted by jhwalker
5.0.Dean and Tetge get decent speeds at LACR. I think Dean has been close to 118 (maybe higher -- his car is strong). Tetge has run (??) 113 - 115 (if my memory fails, clarify Tetge ...)

On our 12 second runs (dang, I had to say it ha ha) Adam and I went 107, 108, and 107. It is just the altitude? Folks go a lot higher MPH at Carlsbad. I've run 113 mph at Fontana before the recent mods.
We need to do that 'Carlsbad day' before they close it and get them to VHT the hell out of it. Last time it was slip and slide, right? Need to do it on a day Adam is out of school (or he has to be 'sick' that day).
JW

stang99

You don't need nitrous. That would be sick. Then I'd have to be hating on multiple cars instead of just a few...

Absolutely. I am in. I think we could take 6-7 strong ones down there. I think I will get the nitrous while figuring what to do for sustainable power.
JW

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
ooo, sweet, i'll check my schedule and see if i have any of those cool staff development days

Need to do it on a day Adam is out of school (or he has to be 'sick' that day).
JW

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Having not changed the car for 30 days, somewhat out of boredom (and being broke) I am going to drop down to a 2.8 pulley, stick on the idler kit from RPM Outlet, get a new tune from Danny Swanson.
Sort of something to do until doing something that actually makes a difference.
Anybody have a better idea for a couple of more ponies on the cheap? Any of my compatriots want to say -- No! No! You'll break the car!!!
going nighty now, will look for responses (if any) tomorrow.
James

stang99

James:

Step away from the Cobra. Take some deep breaths. Good! Now, put down all those order forms. Good!

stang99

If I could ever get a clutch in my car, I might have something for you Walkers. But, since the clutch will not get right, I may just trade the Cobra in on a r-cab 2004 F-150 and give up racing forever. Nice road hugging truck with an automatic should be just fine for everyday use and, the r-cab might even fit in my garage.

Originally posted by amwalker
too late tetge...hehehe

Users who are viewing this thread