Walker Racing

maoun

Established Member
you know i'm not much of a dragger man....but tell me when you'll be there next and maybe i'll head out :)

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Ahhh I love the smell of Nitrous in the morning....

Saw this avitar over in Modular Fords...belongs in this thread.....

stang99

I don't seem to remember you ever beating me, but I am too old to remember much of anything.

Originally posted by amwalker
Yeah, layoff my dad or I will continue to beat you tetge....:burnout:

And when are we gonna see you at the strip maoun???

stang99

Hey! What's with the answer during the day? Do you have computers at reform school?
Anyway, how was I to know that I had to go faster that day? I had only seen your dad's times, and I had them covered ...

meant your best time for the day...oldie.:p

Last edited by a moderator:

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
Finished tearing a lil ol chebby engine down to the shortblock early, so i felt like goin on the computer.

Only guy in Auto 2, so I get to do all the work...

stang99

Good! Now throw the chebby engine in the nearest trash can and your work is finished on that project.

Finished tearing a lil ol chebby engine down to the shortblock early, so i felt like goin on the computer.

Only guy in Auto 2, so I get to do all the work...

stang99

I am concerned about the quality of your education. If you associate with Chevy's, who knows where you might end up? Sounds as if you go to a bad school to me.

for some reason the shop is all chevy motors...wonder why???

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
Yeah, well, I'll take what I can get right now. I really don't like my school, they don't even give the auto shop a real budget...I bring in my own tools just so we can take the chebbys apart...

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Sounds like one of those Brie munching, Chablis sipping, Berkenstock wearing, anti SUV, anti muscle car, commie, pinko, leftie, chebby loving schools to me.
I'd like to take you back in time to my auto shop...full budjet, loaded with tools, lathes, and mills. We rebuilt a Buick straight 8 in my senior year. I mean a custom hand built header, milled head, port-polished, valve work with double springs, hot cam (also paid for by the tax payers), new balanced crank, custom inlet manifold with four (4) single throat carbs, hot ignition....etc. The class was mixed black, asian, Mexican and white. Every one got along all the time. The 50's were indeed sweet to car crazy kids. Somewhere along the line someone F'ed up the whole educational system. We also came out of school knowing a little about the world. Just enough to screw it up for your generation. Sorry.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
"Sounds like one of those Brie munching, ..." Mmmmmhuh...

Wait to hurt him BaldOne.
Damn, where was this school? Don Garlit's High School?
Sounds great.
JW

Last edited:

stang99

Hey! What's wrong with Berkenstocks? You can just slip your feet into them and off you go. When you are old and fat like me, lacing your shoes can be a real problem.
Back in the day, Buick straight 8's were the sleepers of drag racing. They ran really well especially if you milled the head and opened up the exhaust. Of course, the Hudson Twin H six was a runner too.
Oh, sorry, I was having one of those flash back moments that are the priviledge of the elderly.

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
baldsnake, my auto shop teach (along with the rest of my generation) is too lazy, he doesn't even want to get a real project car going. i'm so glad i have my own little project datsun, otherwise, the cobra could be in pieces or a fully built racecar by now...

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
What ever happened to sleep? Go to sleep, people
icon_mad.gif
!

Users who are viewing this thread