Walker Racing

stang99

I went out to LACR yesterday and Walker Racing was there with their shop on wheels and their hospitality tent. It was nice sitting in the shade in one of the chairs that they set up under their tent drinking cold beverages from their giant ice chest (PMods would definitely have fit in it). They had a generator big enough to run the major compressor that they bring to pump up tires and run their air tools. It was interesting watching the pit stops to change tires and seeing how the professionals got the job done in a big hurry. They were even putting tires on other Cobras. Gotta give them some props for their contributions.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
I went out to LACR yesterday and Walker Racing was there with their shop on wheels and their hospitality tent. It was nice sitting in the shade in one of the chairs that they set up under their tent drinking cold beverages from their giant ice chest (PMods would definitely have fit in it). They had a generator big enough to run the major compressor that they bring to pump up tires and run their air tools. It was interesting watching the pit stops to change tires and seeing how the professionals got the job done in a big hurry. They were even putting tires on other Cobras. Gotta give them some props for their contributions.

I get it already :cryying:

P. not sure if i would fit but i know after i chop up Amwalker im sure he will fit with NO problem.

Im sure i can manage to stick another one in as well :dw:

Hey Adam listed 12's for his dad. James is this for real :eek:

:beer: :beer:

stang99

Re: Re: Walker Racing

I personally saw Adam's dad's run so I knew his time before he got the slip. Adam ran right in front of me so I did not know his time until I got back to the pits and saw him dancing around holding a time slip. He stuck that slip right up in my face and laughed at me. He and his dad were going insane once they both hit the 12's. I was hating on them for being faster than me, so I tried to avoid the celebration.
Adam is a runner, so I doubt that you could catch him to chop him up to put him in the ice chest. It took two of us to pick the ice chest up and put it in the race support truck so it is really about the largest ice chest that I have ever seen. But, we will be watching you close next time to make sure that you don't bust out with a chain saw.

Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
I get it already :cryying:

P. not sure if i would fit but i know after i chop up Amwalker im sure he will fit with NO problem.

Im sure i can manage to stick another one in as well :dw:

Hey Adam listed 12's for his dad. James is this for real :eek:

:beer: :beer:

stang99

Yes. Walker Racing is a two man father and son team operating out of Ventura County. Very fast 03 Cobra vert with an almost legal cage in it. LACR actually busted them for the non spec cage but let them run for the evening anyway. Like we are always saying, LACR actually is not loose at all, but they run a really good show and they are reasonable as long as people don't push them.

Originally posted by ox03
Walker Racing!?

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: Walker Racing

Originally posted by Tetge
I personally saw Adam's dad's run so I knew his time before he got the slip. Adam ran right in front of me so I did not know his time until I got back to the pits and saw him dancing around holding a time slip. He stuck that slip right up in my face and laughed at me. He and his dad were going insane once they both hit the 12's. I was hating on them for being faster than me, so I tried to avoid the celebration.
Adam is a runner, so I doubt that you could catch him to chop him up to put him in the ice chest. It took two of us to pick the ice chest up and put it in the race support truck so it is really about the largest ice chest that I have ever seen. But, we will be watching you close next time to make sure that you don't bust out with a chain saw.

:D

Glad for James especially. Now he is going to bust on my chops for not going & throw the time slip on my face :nonono:

J/K... but it was pretty cool when SonicVenum got his time slip :D
If i couldnt get it, i wanted some one else & it did happen so that must of been cool :thumbsup:

stang99

Yes, you never saw so much joy from both Walkers. People with big grins and timing slips clutched in their hands dancing in the pits. It's lucky that I left early the night that Juan went in the 12's because I would have had to hate on him too. I am getting depressed with all these people having career successes at LACR. The only cheerful thing that happened for me was that FiveOhDean's car blew up and he had to take it home on a trailer. But, he will just fix it and make it better, so it is only a temporary setback for him and it actually was still running and he could have driven it home most likely. Even the jet powered Focus did not cheer me up.
I guess that I am going to have to look into more boost for my car since it has no punch anymore. If the new clutch survives the abuse that I have put on it, I may check out a smaller pulley than the "stock" one that I am currently running. Then, maybe, I can run consistent 12's at LACR no matter what the conditions are. That would be OK.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
P. :D Ur cracking me up man.

Ur Tranny & Clutch wasnt fully ready for the track yet im sure :thumbsup:

Oh the Spec2 Clutch from what i hear is supposed to chatter on 1st gear. Its just a normal charactor :shrug:

Going to get that next for my self... & hope that XMP doesnt find any crazy thing when they drop the T56 :eek:

stang99

Hey! I'm serious, not funny. It's a big difference when the timing light says 12.xxx rather than anything 13.001 and up. You just feel better to know you are running 12's at LACR. You drive to the LACR and go 12's there consistently and you are driving a fast car, I guarantee. Ironically, there is a world of difference between 13.001 and 12.999. So, if my current tune can't bring it, and if I can't learn to drive better, then I just need more RQHP/TQ and the problem will go away. Besides, I hear that Danny Swanson knows how to kill the traction control now so I need to go see him again to get that done for sure since I hate the traction control which has attempted to kill me on three occassions thus far.
I am still watching you closely next time we are both at the track. This ice chest business is scaring me.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
PMods --
Long post -- still a little excited about 12's at LACR.

We missed you guys. It was a fun night.

Bottom line -- Adam (amwalker) has the fastest Walker time for now. You know that creates two feelings for me.

First :beer: to the kid. 12.79 @107 mph 1.866 60 ft time

Second :bash: I ran back to back 12.90s at 104 and 105 mph, so he gets bragging rights around the house until we get back to the strip. :gt: My best 60 ft time was 1.884

Our top speeds seem slow for the ETs and the 60 ft times.

Adam's run was sweet. He melted the ET Streets with a nice burnout, and then launched strongly and had nice shifts. Neither of us are grannie shifting but we are also not power shifting, so there are better times awaiting. I am still a little worried about my clutch which is why we are cautious. We also stayed on 91 octane gas and the ran the street program on the chip, not the 'high octane' program.

It was good evening, except that Tetge and I were the only modified Cobras that were in the competition. There was a 2003 Cobra there with a KenneBell but the pulley was slipping so much that his boost was fluctuating from 21 to 10 to 21 during the run. Nice guy, you know I am with names... He was the one I loaned my ET Streets to early in the evening because he could shred the Drag Radials he was running when the boost came on.
Oh yeh, as Tetge said, they busted me for not having the crossbar on my rollbar but decided to let me keep running -- probably because they didn't want to see Adam and me cry ha ha If they had DQ'd us, we would still not have run in the 12's at LACR. I will get that fixed asap.
Dean was there with his non-Cobra, and was having trouble hooking. It is a very strong toy. Since my car went 12.7, who knows what Dean would have run with his 500 rwhp Cobra. He usually runs his Cobra 1.2 seconds better than my car, and is using ET Streets also.

There were also two other 2003 Cobras with paper dealer plates that were BONE (to the bone) stock, and the owners were just learning to drive them. They were having a good time and their times were what you would expect in those circumstances.

Tetge and grudge-raced early in the evening.
He got me by .074 on reaction time and then won by .015 after missing 4th gear!!! Brain Damage to the max!!!!
I run a 13.13 @ 108 he runs a 13.19 @ 103 (missed shift) and still wins. :fm: :bash: :mj: Quit laughing Tetge, it's NOT funny...

Tetge and I went to the good Mexican place and had a little food and drink after the evening ended. I should have bought since he not only won the grudge but also snuck that 12.85 in under my 12.90s.

PMods, I think it was the threat that you guys were going to pound me if I didn't get into the 12's that inspired me ;-)
JW

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by jhwalker
PMods, I think it was the threat that you guys were going to pound me if I didn't get into the 12's that inspired me ;-)
JW

:eek: pretty cool story of what we freaking missed out on :(

James, not pounding on ya ;-), im happy u got it down :thumbsup:

Bad thing now is i need to join ur ranks :(

Man every since i talked to you i was happy with the Corrected Times but u got me thinking the other way. I want to see it on paper as well :cryying:

:bash: Adam seem pretty gifted & he is pretty light compared to the both of ya's :D

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
tetge, theres already a walker & a walkers racing out there...so we're thinking about goin hip and making it walkerz racing.....right.....
you guys should have been there, p.moddy, you'd so fit in our cooler.

stang99

I always seem to need some close competetion to get good runs in. I guess it's because they call it drag racing and I like to race. It's more fun to race against a car that is about equal to your own car which is why I hate bracket racing. Since your vert ran times about .05 on each side of me, I'd say that our cars are close to being equal. Makes for some good side by side racing IMHO.
I attempted to power shift 3->4 without lifting since you were dogging me on that run so bad, but I sort of chickened out and blew the shift. You have to commit to do a power shift and I was not ready. It was just luck that I coasted through in front of you but I was shifting close to the end of the 1/4 last night. When I run 112+ at LACR I go to 4th a lot further from the end of the 1/4 than when I am running 108. Must have been the wind since my trap speeds were way down yesterday. 12.85 was my 5th best ET ever at LACR off of my best ever 60' anywhere so it was not a total bust but I am always greedy for better numbers.

Originally posted by jhwalker
PMods --
Long post -- still a little excited about 12's at LACR.
Tetge and grudge-raced early in the evening.
He got me by .074 on reaction time and then won by .015 after missing 4th gear!!! Brain Damage to the max!!!!
I run a 13.13 @ 108 he runs a 13.19 @ 103 (missed shift) and still wins. :fm: :bash: :mj: Quit laughing Tetge, it's NOT funny...
Tetge and I went to the good Mexican place and had a little food and drink after the evening ended. I should have bought since he not only won the grudge but also snuck that 12.85 in under my 12.90s. ;-)
JW

stang99

I'd make some smart come back to your post but I am too busy researching pulleys to post. If only they made a stock appearing black 3" pulley, I'd consider changing to it since you are not getting excessive belt slip with your 3". It is just a regular pulley not a non slip from AR, right? Off to research more.

Originally posted by amwalker
tetge, theres already a walker & a walkers racing out there...so we're thinking about goin hip and making it walkerz racing.....right.....
you guys should have been there, p.moddy, you'd so fit in our cooler.

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
tetge, just paint a pulley black...or ask whoever makes it to powdercoat it.

FuShnickens, hahahaha, no we'll just be providing shade, tools, air, and non-alcoholic drinks on some occasions.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
re: the 3" pulley, the pulley boys press fit ones look about as nondescript as you can get. i haven't seen the amazon regular press fits but i'm sure they're pretty similar. inexpensive too! :)

amwalker, we may have to get you and your dad a big banner to hang up at the next event. :) the conveniences and comforts i'm sure are very much appreciated. :thumbsup:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
There is always more fun to be had when a group of Cobra owners are around.
LACR is simply a challenge. The challenges at that track (altitude, heat, wind, sand on the track, track prep), depending on the time of day, and the day you run, mean nothing is guaranteed. I have busted my a** to get in the 12's there. After two 13.1s yesterday, I was beginning to hear 'dyno queen, dyno queen, dyno queen' noises in my head.

Anyhow, now that Adam and I punched into where we were supposed to be, I can officially say 'high 12s suck, we need a 12.5' -- printed on paper at LACR'.

One thing I forgot to mention is that I put in the UPR Clutch Quadrant and adjuster after taking Tetge's advice. This puppy shifts like glass now. No crap, I don't even think about the shift now.
PModdie, you are going to shread your stock tires. You will run 'normal' in first and second and use the juice in third and fourth? That could be the ticket into the 11s -- at LACR!!

I get revved up at the possibility.
JW

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
You know...you guys are having too much fun! I've been so busy modding that I can only claim to be the fastest on my block.

I'm thinking about showing up to one of your events and letting one of you take it thru the traps. I'm curious to learn how quick it is.

Now when it comes to open track time.....stand back. That's my turn. I heard Jesse James on the radio yesterday talking about being hooked on Willow Springs and he bought a Ferrari and did 1:29. That would be a goal to shoot for.

Users who are viewing this thread