Walker Racing

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
Damn! All I really want to see is the NAWS car make some runs at LACR on the juice. 540 RWTQ at least ought to move that puppy right down the track. Figured if I dissed you enough, you might have to get to the track and lay down some runs. At least I think that's what I figured, since I can't remember anymore. What is this thread about? At least I am not as old as Adam's dad, or, am I?

:lol:
P. I'll call u out when i get my crap fixed up right ;-)

U already see a BLACK 03 Cobra at that track. 1st time id saw u at the track, that thing was doing 12's Flat on Nitrous & it was an Icy Track.... We all know i dont know how to drive :shrug:

stang99

You have advanced beyond my reasonable power level comparison and now, you will be in the same class RWTQ wise as FiveOhDean and the KB Cobra that Swanson is tuning. LACR is always slippery except for the big meets where they smooth and prep the track about as well as anywhere that I have ever run. In the summer when they get the good prep and lots of serious domestic cars are laying down rubber, there is no issue with traction if you are running any kind of sticky tire. The wind blows and it is hot and high altitude so there is still a trade off, but you can get good 60' times. Wednesday night is mostly imports now and Friday nights are still good, but they do not prep the track as well so traction can be a problem. Carlsbad, IMHO, is much slicker than LACR and really is a difficult track to launch at. Fontana was pretty sticky the one time I ran there but it is crowded. You might want to run Fontana on one of the summer nights. Get there early. I ran a [email protected] at Fontana with one of my F1's going down from a nail off of a 2.048 60' time and I might have done better if I hadn't had to leave to get my tire patched. Walker Racing was there that day so they know the Fontana drill. If you get a chance to run at Famoso, go for it as it is the quickest strip that I have run in So Cal by far.

Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
:lol:
P. I'll call u out when i get my crap fixed up right ;-)

U already see a BLACK 03 Cobra at that track. 1st time id saw u at the track, that thing was doing 12's Flat on Nitrous & it was an Icy Track.... We all know i dont know how to drive :shrug:

stang99

Hey! I'm up to just over 1.51 posts per day. I am well on my way to 600 posts. I guess that means that I am a post whore?
But, it is all about fun. Nothing like holding the Cobra wide open all the way down the 1/4 on a good run. You can just feel the $$$$ evaporating out of your bank account.

P.
U got exp. which = skills ;-)

We will just call it plain fun :beer: :beer:

But watch it.... i live in the boards :dw:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
P. ohhhhh how nicely i will greet you the next time i see ya :bash:

So funny... ha ha ha :bored: Hey how did every one feel so confirtable in making fun at me ? :shrug:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
P. ohhhhh how nicely i will greet you the next time i see ya :bash:

So funny... ha ha ha :bored: Hey how did every one feel so confirtable in making fun at me ? :shrug:

Jeez PModdie, did you ever see what he says about me?

Were you on the site the weekend Tetge deleted 3,000 + posts because a moderator p.o.'d him? That was vintage...

No pressure, but I think we are all interested in seeing what your car with that juice does on the track. I still think traction will be the major issue and the offer on the ET Streets is always there. Adam can change wheels in 5 minutes. (no response necessary, but I remember after getting my measly 440 hp just sitting at the starting line listening to my wheels spin... very frustrating)
JW

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by maoun
most definitely....but i have some VERY useful tips that i wish i had known ahead of time...so call me before you have it done

m.

Brian and I were talking about the removable bar tonight and he said there was some experience gained on your roll-bar.

:lol: :lol:

Let's talk.
JW

maoun

Established Member
let's definitely talk

my roommate (buff guy) and i just spent more than 45 mins trying to get the center section in....we managed to, but jeesh

m.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by jhwalker
Jeez PModdie, did you ever see what he says about me?

Were you on the site the weekend Tetge deleted 3,000 + posts because a moderator p.o.'d him? That was vintage...

No pressure, but I think we are all interested in seeing what your car with that juice does on the track. I still think traction will be the major issue and the offer on the ET Streets is always there. Adam can change wheels in 5 minutes. (no response necessary, but I remember after getting my measly 440 hp just sitting at the starting line listening to my wheels spin... very frustrating)
JW

Its all good.
P. actually grew on me & found i give him respect :thumbsup:
Sorry im one of those who dont give respect unless u deserve it :D

Well last time out at LACR i was trying to freaking slip the clutch :nonono: Couldnt get good times at all so back to square one for some, i hope better times :D Latetly at LACR 2nd, 3rd & 4th gear has not been an issue for me. 1st is a PITA for sure :cuss:

So what about renting the track? How much would it cost? I know FuSnickens down & James u never mentioned any thing further on what u wanted to do? Come on throw some ideas up :D

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
:lol: :bash: :lol:
I could envision jacking up one corner of the car...

But seriously, we need to engineer a better solution. Got ideas?

M, you saw our post that they were 'that far' from booting Adam and me from LACR Saturday for not having the crossbar. A truly crappy moment after all the mods and the expense of the rollbar. The head tech guy was cool about it and stopped the other guy from rubbing the number off the window.
JW

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by jhwalker
But seriously, we need to engineer a better solution. Got ideas?

Ur Call James :thumbsup:

Think its ur turn now :D
Roberts is doing the McCoy deal.
P. did the Chevy VS Ford deal...sorry didnt mean to flake :(

U got all our support :beer:

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
uh, he did the dyno day at bottle blown...

but dad and i are in the thinking part of the planning a small private socal terminators event at carlsbad before they close or maybe fontana and if it comes down to it lacr, but we're gonna start planning soon and post it in here or by pm, so look for it.

or should we call it my turn?

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by amwalker
but dad and i are in the thinking part of the planning a small private socal terminators event at carlsbad before they close or maybe fontana and if it comes down to it lacr, but we're gonna start planning soon and post it in here or by pm, so look for it.

i think hitting carlsbad one more time would be great but any place is fine. i heard that if you rent carlsbad there's no head's up - you only one run at a time. but it's hearsay so... anyway, rentals might be easier during the week but i dunno ppl's schedules. i'm sure if we knew far enough ahead, arrangements could be made. i'm down for anywhere - just say when and how much. :D

stang99

When we rented LACR we only got one lane and had to make single passes only. And, they did not turn on the timing lights at the end of the strip. It was a well prepped single lane but there was no racing each other. This might be a liability thing?

Originally posted by FuShnickens
i think hitting carlsbad one more time would be great but any place is fine. i heard that if you rent carlsbad there's no head's up - you only one run at a time. but it's hearsay so... anyway, rentals might be easier during the week but i dunno ppl's schedules. i'm sure if we knew far enough ahead, arrangements could be made. i'm down for anywhere - just say when and how much. :D

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
When we rented LACR we only got one lane and had to make single passes only. And, they did not turn on the timing lights at the end of the strip. It was a well prepped single lane but there was no racing each other. This might be a liability thing?

Usually they prep one lane only, right. Then there is some form of liability. I'd like us to try to negoiate for the timing lights -- half the fun is seeing the times appear.
JW

stang99

Yes, the timing lights would be a nice touch. Of course if I were filthy rich, I'd want two prepped lanes so that I could race side by side. It always seems to be more interesting if there is a challange. I guess that this is not so important however, since most of our cars run different ET's. Renting Carlsbad would be interesting since it is at sea level and could be a fast track if they put down some track compound. These days, I still think that LACR is getting the stickum down pretty good. Might be a combo of no rain and nice temps on the track along with a lot of big tires running down the strip. What ever it is, I have had reasonable traction two out of the last three times I ran.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
12's at lacr? i wouldn't complain either. ;-) would any of you happen to know if the tracks enforce the rollbar for verts rule during rentals? i'd really like to find out how bad my driving is while waiting to do the rollbar. :D

Users who are viewing this thread