Walker Racing

Fiveohdean

Established Member
Dean was there with his non-Cobra,

3.55 gears and new differential should be here wed. Hopefully the new differential will take care of the grinding/popping/binding/put me on the trailer immediatly sounds. If not I'm hosed for Willow springs next weekend.

BTW - It's very difficult to do a good left foot burn out with 210 rwhp and 4 piston Wilwood rear brakes. :)

was having trouble hooking

Hooked good enough to give Adam a quick look at my tail lights! I peddled (sp?) as fast as I could but there was no way I could hold off the 12 sec conv monster. :beer:

BALDSNAKE

Stop the Car Tax
Established Member
Hi Five (did I just type that?)...I'm sort of getting off of the LACRW drag strip theme here...but you live around Willow....how fast is Jesse James' 1:29? What's your best there. I've run there twice without thinking of the time. I should have..then I would have something to shoot for. I'd love to have your dyno numbers. Flip switch with high test? Wuz up?

stang99

You mean that you don't build your own diffs? I am disappointed since I thought that you would do your own pumpkin for sure. I guess that the 5.0 doesn't have a speedo so you won't need to correct the speedo when you go to 3.55. You need a line lock for drag racing it.

Originally posted by Fiveohdean
3.55 gears and new differential should be here wed. Hopefully the new differential will take care of the grinding/popping/binding/put me on the trailer immediatly sounds. If not I'm hosed for Willow springs next weekend.

BTW - It's very difficult to do a good left foot burn out with 210 rwhp and 4 piston Wilwood rear brakes. :)

Hooked good enough to give Adam a quick look at my tail lights! I peddled (sp?) as fast as I could but there was no way I could hold off the 12 sec conv monster. :beer:

Fiveohdean

Established Member
how fast is Jesse James' 1:29?

Assuming he ran on the big track 1:29 is a fast time. The fastest American Iron extreme mustangs run 1:29 - 1:31. Regular American Iron cars with the 9.5 lb per RWHP limit run a couple of seconds slower. My 92 coupe with a stock 5.0 has run a best of 1:42 with much room for improvement still. My 91 coupe with about 300 RWHP ran high 1:30's(ok that was actually my wife's daily driver). I've timed a couple of 03 cobra's and they have run mid 1:50's and slower.

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
you defiently hooked on that run against me Five, but your 5.o is no match for the cobra ahahahahaha!!! sorry, just getting a little energy out. please don't beat me down with your cobra!

stang99

Hey if I got the chance I would definitely not worry about beating any of you. I cheat whenever possible but I still lose.
I talked to Danny Swanson today and gave him a small report on LACR and he asked about the Asian guy with the NOS. I told him that the NOS car was a garage queen and a poser. I also told him that he did too good a job on the black vert. I told him that the KB car seemed to be having troubles and that I did not know what it ran.
I was asking about getting my trac contol defeated. Yah, that's why I called Danny.

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
ahahhahahahha, nice one tetge. yeah, now that p.moddy has his cool new foci, the cobra is gonna be a garage queen. geez, so you call to see if you can get the traction control defeated and you end up giving him a full race report....nice.

Five, actually, i haven' mentioned it around the house, been stressing bout school starting....oh well, last year, but i still hate it.

stang99

I was just reporting on the conversation. No disrespect intended, although I might be a little jealous of all the mods on some of the Cobras that I have seen. PoisM has not been posting this afternoon. I sure hope that Walker didn't put him on ice in the ice chest. He was just joking, wasn't be? But, I don't think that he did anything because I heard that he was grounded for beating his father's ET at LACR.
I am just stirring up the pot so we can all get together again at LACR for some head's up Cobra racing.

stang99

Yes, the traction control would be the only reason that I called. Why else would I bother my tuner? As for the race report, he hadn't heard how the 530 RWHP 89 went or how the black vert went so I filled him in because everyone wants to know that they have pleased their customers. Now, where did I put that new pulley?

maoun

Established Member
the problem is that their roll cage just isn't pretty...i mean, have you seen that marwane character's car....now there's a real car :)

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
maoun, lacr was about to kick us off for not having a rollbar that is up to spec, so we're putting in the cross bar just like you, then it'll be all pretty like yours:p

tetge, i know you didn't mean to push anyones button,
pmoddy, you know i'm just messing bro

Five told my dad that my numbers corrected were 11.78 or something like that, so the big questions is...

anyone up for a little socal terminators drag day at carlsbad before they close it???

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
I talked to Danny Swanson today and gave him a small report on LACR and he asked about the Asian guy with the NOS. I told him that the NOS car was a garage queen and a poser.

:nono:
Someone sounds like a ricer. Dave's kit is an NX kit, not Nitrous Oxide Systems. What the hell, we'll just call it NAWS.:-D

maoun

Established Member
adam, i knew you'd want to be just like me...but i have some big warnings if you're gonna make it removable....call me some time around when you're gonna do it and we'll talk

m.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
Hey if I got the chance I would definitely not worry about beating any of you. I cheat whenever possible but I still lose.
I talked to Danny Swanson today and gave him a small report on LACR and he asked about the Asian guy with the NOS. I told him that the NOS car was a garage queen and a poser. I also told him that he did too good a job on the black vert. I told him that the KB car seemed to be having troubles and that I did not know what it ran.
I was asking about getting my trac contol defeated. Yah, that's why I called Danny.

:eek:

WTF :cuss:
Whats this all about? Heh?????????????????????????????????

:nono:
If this would of really troubled me id call you out but i have bigger fish to fry & have no time to play in the Kitty Litter :bored:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by maoun
the problem is that their roll cage just isn't pretty...i mean, have you seen that marwane character's car....now there's a real car :)

speaking of roll cages, i finally contacted b&d about an nhra legal one for verts. not cheap, but if it looks like the ones you and the walkers have, it'll be worth it. :)

stang99

Damn! All I really want to see is the NAWS car make some runs at LACR on the juice. 540 RWTQ at least ought to move that puppy right down the track. Figured if I dissed you enough, you might have to get to the track and lay down some runs. At least I think that's what I figured, since I can't remember anymore. What is this thread about? At least I am not as old as Adam's dad, or, am I?

Originally posted by amwalker
easy there pmoddy, hes old and frail and losing his mind for that matter:p

maoun

Established Member
most definitely....but i have some VERY useful tips that i wish i had known ahead of time...so call me before you have it done

m.

Users who are viewing this thread