VRBO WTF

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
The next town over had a famous haunting in the 80's. Books were written. A television movie was made. A famous demonologist was involved. The husband was allegedly raped by a sucubus so you might have that going for you if you go back.

7upstang

Established Member
Guess now you believe? Lol

Call it what you want, ghost or demon.

I believe the rumor is they get attached to object or buildings.

We had an old farm house growing up that gave all of the same erie feeling. We had one bedroom that absolutely none of us kids would dare enter.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, maybe I do? Maybe I should?

My first unexplainable experience was stranger, but not at all dark. This one was way out there dark, and just felt wrong the whole time.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I got one...ok a few....

I'm 5 and my mother has me at a friends house. She lays me down for a nap in the middle of the day. Comes and checks on me and asks why I'm not sleepy. I apparently told her because there was a man in a rocking chair watching me. Come to find out after she told her friend he freaked a bit. His dad use to sit in a rocking chair at the window and watch the cars go by.

My great grandmother passed when I was about 12, my sister was about 6. My mother sent her to the park when the ambulance came. She came back afterwards asking why Great Grandma was at the park telling her she had to go away.

House out in the country in Tennessee....man blew his brains out in the front bedroom of my Papaw's house and countless male family members have woken up to see him standing at the edge of the bed looking at them.

My Grandmother's house in town in Tennessee is about 100 years old. She said her old school teacher still haunted it but it also was housing for the church around the corner for the priest. I've always been fine in the house but one night I had a nightmare that literally scared me more than anything in my life. It was odd because whatever demon that was pulling me away I knew I had absolutly not chance in hell to overcome. Uncle lives in the house now, no issues. Just me I guess.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I got one...ok a few....

I'm 5 and my mother has me at a friends house. She lays me down for a nap in the middle of the day. Comes and checks on me and asks why I'm not sleepy. I apparently told her because there was a man in a rocking chair watching me. Come to find out after she told her friend he freaked a bit. His dad use to sit in a rocking chair at the window and watch the cars go by.

My great grandmother passed when I was about 12, my sister was about 6. My mother sent her to the park when the ambulance came. She came back afterwards asking why Great Grandma was at the park telling her she had to go away.

House out in the country in Tennessee....man blew his brains out in the front bedroom of my Papaw's house and countless male family members have woken up to see him standing at the edge of the bed looking at them.

My Grandmother's house in town in Tennessee is about 100 years old. She said her old school teacher still haunted it but it also was housing for the church around the corner for the priest. I've always been fine in the house but one night I had a nightmare that literally scared me more than anything in my life. It was odd because whatever demon that was pulling me away I knew I had absolutly not chance in hell to overcome. Uncle lives in the house now, no issues. Just me I guess.

I had a dream like that that I feel could have dragged me to the depths if I didn't consciously pull myself away and realize what was happening. Found myself hovering face down over a water, like a small stream, but it was dark with very little ambient light reflecting. A small amber light like an orb moving through the water was holding my attention and I was moving along down the stream chasing thus light but I couldn't look anywhere else but down at the water at this light. Started moving faster and faster and it felt harmless as it was just water, but eventually I started to see rocks in my peripherals and this is where my conscious mind kicked in and I realized what was going on; I was being led down to the depths. I still couldn't get out of the dream but I managed to look up and I was now in a cave and there was no end but only darkness, and there was no ambient light from the outside anymore, just this orb still under the water trying to lead me down. I could now feel the presence of the spirit and my body was frozen and I could feel the chills coming over me like waves. In my head I commanded it to stop and leave in the name of Jesus and I eventually came out of it and woke up.

Doesn't happen often but I have had intense dreams like that, and have even had such intense dreams where my heart was pounding so hard that I was convinced I was going to die. It felt like it was pounding through my chest and was going to explode, but I couldn't do anything except pray in my head in that moment. That dream where I thought I was going to die resulted in me waking up at 1pm in the afternoon having slept through every alarm and missing work. I woke up on the floor in complete disarray but remembered what had happened during the night and I remembered seeing in my dream or vision what looked and felt like my own brain being pulled apart. Extremely intense but glad that doesn't happen anymore. My old apartment had some pretty crazy stuff happen so I'm glad to be out of there.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
nah. that kind of stuff is just in your imagination.

unless it can be duplicated, replicated, measured, tested, etc. with similar results from two or more objective observers, multiple times, it probably didn't happen.

ghost stories are fun tho. if you're about 9

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
nah. that kind of stuff is just in your imagination.

unless it can be duplicated, replicated, measured, tested, etc. with similar results from two or more objective observers, multiple times, it probably didn't happen.

ghost stories are fun tho. if you're about 9

Keep telling yourself that. From my experiences, I would bet they could be measured and observed with the right equipment, but you cannot force it to happen and that is why it hasn't been proven. If you could predict when and how it would happen then we would obviously know what the hell is going on and wouldn't need to prove it scientifically. It will reveal itself to the masses eventually though and already is.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I’ve had several super natural experiences so I believe. But, at the same time I don’t believe in God which tends to confuse people.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I’ve had several super natural experiences so I believe. But, at the same time I don’t believe in God which tends to confuse people.
How have you thought through this conflict? I am at a loss how a rational person can have an experience, begin to question their belief in the supernatural, and not also question their belief in God or gods.

Not saying I will ever trust human religion, but seems there's an logical fallacy of believing in one and not seriously considering the existence of the other.

jessie_sanders

Established Member
When I was 20ish I worked 3rd shift and went to school during the day. I lived with my parents and showered in the bathroom in the basement to try and stay out of the way. I was coming up from the basement one afternoon and turned around at the top of the steps to turn the lights off and ar the bottom of the steps I saw a little girl. Maybe 6-8 years old with a old timey white dress and a white lace bonnet thing in her blonde hair. Her head was titled down and her hands were folded together near her stomach. ****ed me up. I didn't feel threatened or fear but it scared the absolute **** out of me. My parents have never had anything like that happen while they've been there nor did my sister.

I don't know if I'm a believer. I was working full time and going to school full time so I feel like maybe I was just exhausted and my mind was playing tricks on me. Who knows? Even if it aint real it's interesting to hear about other people's experiences.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Heh. Reminds me of the time we stayed in this hotel in California. Older one seems nice until the night time. The wife and I would both wake up to the pain of our feet getting yanked on. Like someone grabbing a foot and trying to pull you. No lie it happened twice till we left that hotel. And during the day the foot was sore like we twisted an ankle.

Where in California was this hotel, what’s it called?

OP- I’ve had a lot of weird unexplainable things happen to me all my life. I’m kind of getting use to it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
How have you thought through this conflict? I am at a loss how a rational person can have an experience, begin to question their belief in the supernatural, and not also question their belief in God or gods.

Not saying I will ever trust human religion, but seems there's an logical fallacy of believing in one and not seriously considering the existence of the other.
I am a see it to believe it type of person. Since I’ve personally been experienced supernatural activity I just feel I have to believe in it. With god, there are just so many questions that no one can give an answer to other than “have faith”.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Our current house if pretty new, maybe 20 years old. Previous owner did have cancer and did die. One day during the day I was laying in bed and my wife was standing next to me. One of her hair clips simply slid about 6 inches and we both looked at each other.
She called me one night and said "Are you Home???" I said ....no. She said...one of the kitchen chairs just slid away from the counter. Now they are rather heavy...and when they slide across the tile you know it. I didn't think much of it. She's always hearing shit. I was laying in bed and she was asleep one night and it slid across the tile...then I believed her.
My door that goes to the frog or my man land slammed shut one day out of the blue. I went up there and nothing. I stood inside the room and gave the door a push and it will actually slow and come back towards you. It's also carpeted so it makes no sense at all.
I wonder if it's her....and does she enjoy watching me spank my monkey?

Users who are viewing this thread