Vp 110 tuning

MalcolmV8

Established Member
No one can just magically tell you... unfortunately. You need a way of checking for engine knock, reading plugs, J&S Vampire etc. You also need a dyno to see just how much timing the engine likes, there's such a thing as to much timing at which point you get diminishing results.
You can get ball park numbers from what others run. I wouldn't blindly add timing like that though. A good way to blow your engine up.

Svtcobra500

Established Member
I just want I good rule of thumb. What everyone else is doing. I know that you can get to much and get nothing out of it.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
I've seen power decrease when you go in the mid 20's, max timing without knock doesn't always yield the best results.. I think you'd make GOOD #'s at 23..

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
I made numbers in sig at 18 deg at 21 psi tuner said it could take more but I didn't fill like buying a motor lol

Some time this yr I'm going back with a return style fuel system and lt's then I will get aggressive with the timing

Last edited:

SVTRAT

Banned
Put it on dyno. Give it timing until it stops making power, then remove 2/3 degrees 0f timing from where it stops making power. To be technical, one you reach the Minimum Best timing (MBT) take out the timing. Also watch out for knock.

Last edited:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Put it on dyno. Give it timing until it stops making power, then remove 2/3 degrees 0f timing from where it stops making power. To be technical, one you reach the Minimum Best timing (MBT) take out the timing. Also watch out for knock.

That's the correct way to do. Although MBT I'm pretty sure is Maximum Brake Torque and not minimum best timing ;)

Users who are viewing this thread