Vortech's test mule......

LSUstang05

Established Member
If you get it all in writing, I'd do it. If they buy wheels and tires that you dont like you can always pull those off and sell them, too. Not only that, you are essentially getting a Whipple for free, a free dyno tune, car featured in magazines, pretty good suspension work (also free), and did I mention, a free supercharger? Get it all in writing what they are giving you and that they will replace your motor if they blow it up and then go for it.

qwikhuh

Established Member
I have worked on manufacturer cars before and I can tell you that they will take care of the car. Vortech is a solid company and is not going to risk hurting their reputation by damaging a car. The fact that you get wheels, etc. is another nice bonus. If you do this there will be a lenghty contract involved. Read it carefully and contact a lawyer if there is anything you do not understand. Make sure the time frame is clear, make sure the parts you get at the end is clear, make sure that THEIR insurance company is covering the car while they have it. Trust me they are not going to beat on it anymore than you would but the car will see dyno time, etc. The Vortech kits should not be making crazy power so I doubt anything would happen but make sure the car is covered. If the engine would blow Vortech would just make an insurance claim anyway.$7-10k worth of free parts, your car in magazines, etc. and the cost to you is a few months without your car and a few miles on the dyno? I would do it. Also ask to see if you have any input into the wheels, etc going on the car. I had a supercharger company contact me last year looking for a car to build. I had a customer interested but they wanted to put an ugly body kit and huge wheels on it and she bailed. Make sure sure you know ALL the details up front.

Last edited:

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
Get it in writing and had over the keys. Free parts, a new super charger, getting your car in a magazine? What could possibly be bad about this deal?

Users who are viewing this thread