Vortech soon!

Clipboard

Established Member
within the next few months ill have a vortech blackout kit on order, finally going boost this winter!

now here comes the question:
what pulley/fuel mods would you guys suggest for the goal of 128-130 mph in a 1/4 (on bias ply)? Here is the kicker, i want to hit 128 in the 1/4 with the stock cats on.

my only engine mods right now are kooks shorty headers and bassani cat back.
i was thinking of a 3.48 pulley and cai would allow me to pull it off but there is limited information on the interwebs about a 3.48 pulley with stock cats lol.

I chose the vortech over paxton because i want black and the smaller head unit. I decided centri over tvs because i want to be able to control my car on the street with 275/35r19 tires, it will be easier to do it with a vortech. Plus i want the cool BOV ricer sound :D

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Great choice and if I went centri again it woild also be a black v3. I had a Paxton and it was a bit lazy down low.

3.48 will get you to 130 mph easily if youre auto.

Clipboard

Established Member
Great choice and if I went centri again it woild also be a black v3. I had a Paxton and it was a bit lazy down low.

3.48 will get you to 130 mph easily if youre auto.

Mt82 unfortunately. I enjoy my manual transmission. 33k miles on it and never an issue. I have the suspension that should put up a 1.6x 60 ft. At least

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
ha you will have an issue. After my last car got into the 600+ HP range the mt82 started talking back to me. Just from experience go ahead and get the T-bolt kit from beefcake or jpc b/c the factory worm gear clamps with the kits suck. I would also suggest the Tial BOV if you want that crazy swoosh plus the factory BOV sucks too. I made 72xHP with my last car on the stock paxton pulley, boost a pump and E85 with ID1000 injectors. I donno about the vortech though. Good luck!

PC03GT

Established Member
On the stock pulley I put down over 650, the car ran out of fuel on 47lb injectors. I changed the pulley to the 3.8 and have ID 1000s with a bap, it's a little over 600 now

Clipboard

Established Member
ha you will have an issue. After my last car got into the 600+ HP range the mt82 started talking back to me. Just from experience go ahead and get the T-bolt kit from beefcake or jpc b/c the factory worm gear clamps with the kits suck. I would also suggest the Tial BOV if you want that crazy swoosh plus the factory BOV sucks too. I made 72xHP with my last car on the stock paxton pulley, boost a pump and E85 with ID1000 injectors. I donno about the vortech though. Good luck!

i dont want a crazy woosh sound i just want a small one haha. i was looking into the tbolt kit. I hope my mt82 doesnt start giving me too many issues, i dont drive it too hard. I plan on going with 47 lb injectors. i dont plan on building the engine.

On the stock pulley I put down over 650, the car ran out of fuel on 47lb injectors. I changed the pulley to the 3.8 and have ID 1000s with a bap, it's a little over 600 now

on a paxton or vortech? with cats?

5lho

Established Member
i dont want a crazy woosh sound i just want a small one haha. i was looking into the tbolt kit. I hope my mt82 doesnt start giving me too many issues, i dont drive it too hard. I plan on going with 47 lb injectors. i dont plan on building the engine.

on a paxton or vortech? with cats?

You'll have to have your tuner cap your rpm at 7K with 47s. The Vortech-supplied BOV does choo-choo pretty hard if you force it. It comes with a little filter so, you could run it straight VTA for more sound, if you wanted, filtered for a little less. T bolts are a pain in the ass to install with this kit, because everything is so tightly confined. The effort is worth it bc they'll stay at torque and not be backing off constantly like worm gear clamps.

I don't think you'll find it easy to hit 128-130 with the limitations you are suggesting. Stock cats, 47 pound injectors, no mention of a BAP....

Last edited:

PC03GT

Established Member
Vortech and o/r h pipe. FYI you are going to run out of injector or have a low rev limiter

Last edited:

Clipboard

Established Member
You'll have to have your tuner cap your rpm at 7K with 47s. The Vortech-supplied BOV does choo-choo pretty hard if you force it. It comes with a little filter so, you could run it straight VTA for more sound, if you wanted, filtered for a little less. T bolts are a pain in the ass to install with this kit, because everything is so tightly confined. The effort is worth it bc they'll stay at torque and not be backing off constantly like worm gear clamps.

I don't think you'll find it easy to hit 128-130 with the limitations you are suggesting. Stock cats, 47 pound injectors, no mention of a BAP....

Ok so id1000's. Will I need a bap? Everything I have read suggested I could get away with no bap for sure

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Paxton with long tubes and no cats. Don't waste your time with 47lb injectors. Get some ID1000s. They will last longer for when you make more power later on.

Last edited:

soSincerious

Established Member
I feel like stock cats just wont last on FI, especially on a manual. on top of a richer mixture, you're blasting fuel into your cats at every shift ...

Clipboard

Established Member
I feel like stock cats just wont last on FI, especially on a manual. on top of a richer mixture, you're blasting fuel into your cats at every shift ...

Will metallic core cats suffice? Living in California I want something there. I love my exhaust note where it sits...and the vortech/Paxton blowers are safe for cats with the carb approved tune ya? Will a custom tune and 2-3 more do that much damage ?

mhyjek

Established Member
I would get offroad pipe with magnaflow street catback will sound perfect. As far as the MT 82 you should be ok just upgrade clutch and flywheel. I would leave the stock manifold as well and if it was me spray so meth.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
I know AED can get you "smog legal" tune done but as for actually passing a sniffer... Good luck because sooner or later those cats gotta go.

Clipboard

Established Member
I would get offroad pipe with magnaflow street catback will sound perfect. As far as the MT 82 you should be ok just upgrade clutch and flywheel. I would leave the stock manifold as well and if it was me spray so meth.

Sooner or later I will get a snow meth kit for safety.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
either one will get you there, should not be an issue, the stock pulley can really get you there, with some good fuel like or torco for sure,

we're vortech and Paxton's largest auto dealerin the world, you can always hit me up anytime for any questions or chat about your goals
beef
513-478-1965

Users who are viewing this thread