Vortech question

96mystic#899

Established Member
I can relate. That's probably the reason my stock bottom end has lasted as long as it has. The car sees 5lbs often but every once in awhile I'll see 10lbs when I run a gear out. Lol.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
What gears?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

DaveWertz

Established Member
I also have 4:10s....been thinking about switching 3:73s ....it let's loose when I really get on her.

Only thing that gets annoying with the 4.10s IMO is how much you are shifting at times. But it is nice cruising at 40mph in 5th lol. I had 3.73s in my built fox and cant say enough good things about that ratio. Depending how much I have come next yrs car funds I may go to 3.73s. That and i am curious about these 4.10s with a blower, who knows i might like it.

96mystic#899

Established Member
Only thing that gets annoying with the 4.10s IMO is how much you are shifting at times. But it is nice cruising at 40mph in 5th lol. I had 3.73s in my built fox and cant say enough good things about that ratio. Depending how much I have come next yrs car funds I may go to 3.73s. That and i am curious about these 4.10s with a blower, who knows i might like it.
Well I've had them NA and they were great.but with the vortech you have to master Feathering it.

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
Curious, what numbers did your car put down?
505 on 13lbs with the stock bottom end. He pulled a ton of timing cause the first run he did on it the car made 562 which would just torch the Pistons and rods. Also only revving to 6200 to try and keep the motor together.

V1 T trim 3.33 pulley, pro meth methanol injection, treadstone 1235, hpx pmas maf, 60lb SD's, had 4.10s but went back to 3.73s

I actually have a hunting camp outside of Wellsboro on 6 so you're not that far away
04f366050a37e6dadd9933596d6ab09a.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
505 on 13lbs with the stock bottom end. He pulled a ton of timing cause the first run he did on it the car made 562 which would just torch the Pistons and rods. Also only revving to 6200 to try and keep the motor together.

V1 T trim 3.33 pulley, pro meth methanol injection, treadstone 1235, hpx pmas maf, 60lb SD's, had 4.10s but went back to 3.73s

I actually have a hunting camp outside of Wellsboro on 6 so you're not that far away View attachment 1570238

Nice. Mod motors love power adders and the efficiency of the t-trim really shows in your setup. Hell, I gained almost 200hp just by adding the s-trim and supporting fuel mods. Are you adding some timing with the meth or just spraying to keep iat's down in boost?

Dean98

Vortech V1 Supercharger 96-98 Cobra

I found this and maybe wanting to buy. My question is will this be a good kit to make around 450whp? In past post I have stated i do have a forged motor. Looking for a Kenne Bell 2.1 but this came up in my price range. Thoughts?
I have a 98 cobra with a V1 vortech and meth, I absolutely love it, the car was tuned recently and made 448 rwhp at Proedge tuning in wallingford ct, I love the vortech! I also have a 04 mach with a kenne bell 2.1 and it made 443 rwhp , both are really good units, if I had to pick I would go with the kenne bell first just because of the room it gives you in the engine bay! Both make excellent power and you cant go wrong with either.

DaveWertz

Established Member

I actually have a hunting camp outside of Wellsboro on 6 so you're not that far away View attachment 1570238

Yeah wellsboro isnt far from me at all. Actually go there a good bit. Ride my streetglide up route 6 all the time. I'm actually just right outside rickets glan state park, about 10min out but I am in east lycoming school (hughesville).
I'm pretty pumped about the vortech. Its definitely going to kill me knowing I cant put it on until I have enough for a dyno tune.

96GT226410

Established Member
I have a 98 cobra with a V1 vortech and meth, I absolutely love it, the car was tuned recently and made 448 rwhp at Proedge tuning in wallingford ct, I love the vortech! I also have a 04 mach with a kenne bell 2.1 and it made 443 rwhp , both are really good units, if I had to pick I would go with the kenne bell first just because of the room it gives you in the engine bay! Both make excellent power and you cant go wrong with either.
I love twin screws, but not on B heads. I don't want to run a meth system. Nice numbers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
Nice. Mod motors love power adders and the efficiency of the t-trim really shows in your setup. Hell, I gained almost 200hp just by adding the s-trim and supporting fuel mods. Are you adding some timing with the meth or just spraying to keep iat's down in boost?

Just spraying the meth so it doesn't detonate under boost i have zero issues with the iats with the front mount intercooler.

blownstang4.6

Established Member

Nice! My auto Mach V1 S trim on 11psi. 11.25* of timing 93 tune and 13.75* E85 tune maxing the 60lb injectors.

IMG-20181023-152430.jpg

DaveWertz

Established Member
All this supercharger talk is making me jelly!!! Have a feeling having to get it tuned will set this project back awhile. If there were only a cheaper way.....

DaveWertz

Established Member
Got a question about Injectors. I'm looking at a set of ev1 and ev6 Injectors. I see some ev1s are the fat body and same with ev6. I know you need adaptors to run ev6, so do you need adaptors to run skinny ev1? If any of that makes sense.

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
My ev1 42's (green top) are pretty plump. But the ev6 60lb Deka's on the wife's 03 Cobra are skinny. The ev1/ev6 connector we are referring to is the harness connection. The Ev1 is more squared while the ev6 is more like a oval. As long as your harness is still factory, you have ev1 connectors. So you don't need adapters running a ev1 injector.

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
That's what I thought it was just plugs. So as long as the plugs are ev1 I dont need adaptors and it doesnt matter if they are skinny or fat. Actually looking at these bosch remans.

EV1 and EV6 has nothing to do with the plug, it is designating the BODY..
USCAR and JETRONIC are the plugs..

Users who are viewing this thread