Vortech question

Blown_By_You

Richard Head
Established Member
You have a JETRONIC harness.. You can use EV1 or EV6 with Jetronic Plugs.. If they are USCAR plugs, you'll need adapters. Avoid adapters if at all possible.

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
So I want to keep injectors around $100 give or take. What do y'all reccomend? WHP goals are 450 to 500.
The 42lbs Green I'm running put me close to 450 to the rubber. It was years back and I don't remember the exact number but my duty cycle is in the high 80's%.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

DaveWertz

Established Member
I am finding skinny full green bosch injectors for under $100. jetronic connectors. And a lifetime warranty. Doesn't seem to bad. Or the ev1 bosch remans yellow tops for the same price.

DaveWertz

Established Member
Here is the head unit I'm buying. I camt find any info on the net so does anyone know what the max power and efficiency this unit will handle?

Attachments

• KIMG1985.jpg
    KIMG1985.jpg
    312 KB · Views: 169

DaveWertz

Established Member
So after comparing maf meters I noticed that the ba3000 does not have a flange and it is 4". Even if I buy taper from 3 to 4" will this cause reading issues? I do have a 03 cobra maf I can run if this one doesn't work. I got it because it was draw or blow through. Maybe I am overthinking some of this and confusing myself :confused:

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
The ba3000 is supposed to have a aluminum plate that adapts it to a flange style. It has to be pressed onto the housing if the owner desires to use that setup. Evidently the plate got lost or thrown away at some point. Anyhow, try putting the ba3000 sensor in the Cobra housing. I seem to remember a few guys doing that some years back. Maybe not. Compare and see.

DaveWertz

Established Member
The ba3000 is supposed to have a aluminum plate that adapts it to a flange style. It has to be pressed onto the housing if the owner desires to use that setup. Evidently the plate got lost or thrown away at some point. Anyhow, try putting the ba3000 sensor in the Cobra housing. I seem to remember a few guys doing that some years back. Maybe not. Compare and see.

I will have to try that. Hopefully it works. I hate to spend more money on something stupid that I did. Maybe I can find someone who would want to trade a 2600 for this unit.

DaveWertz

Established Member

Since I have green top 42lb injectors would it be easier to get a mafia and use the cobra maf I already have? Can sell the SCT then...

04DeadShort

SVT Addict
Established Member
That's the exact current setup I have (except Im blow-through style) and never had a issue. But I ran a sct2600 on my old Procharged Gt and it ran fine too. It's ultimately up to you. I think you'll be fine either way.

DaveWertz

Established Member
Or call SCT and see if they will ship you the flange plate....just another option. Lol.

Pisses me off i got in a rush and got this ba3000 not knowing its 4" and piping for the charger is 3.5. At this point I am trying to do this without spending more cash. I can get a mafia for about $65 and use the cobra maf which is draw through? OR I can get my hands on a Gen2 lightning maf. I need to keep this simple and cost effective at this point. I have to get a new oil feed line then I thought I had everything I needed, come to find out this maf was missing the flange and larger than what I need

Users who are viewing this thread