Vortech / Paxton MPG

CSG

Established Member
I am wondering what type of MPG you guys are seeing with a centri. Obviously everyone's driving style is different but even with the cruise set at 70 my computer reads 17 mpg. Mixed I am getting around 14. AFR runs about 13.9 to 14.1 at cruise so I know it could be a bit leaner. I also run VERY low timing so maybe that effects it. This is all on 93 pump not E85. I don't drive it enough for it to really matter but I feel it could be a bit better.

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
I am wondering what type of MPG you guys are seeing with a centri. Obviously everyone's driving style is different but even with the cruise set at 70 my computer reads 17 mpg. Mixed I am getting around 14. AFR runs about 13.9 to 14.1 at cruise so I know it could be a bit leaner. I also run VERY low timing so maybe that effects it. This is all on 93 pump not E85. I don't drive it enough for it to really matter but I feel it could be a bit better.

At 60 Ill see 25-26, at 80 goes down to about 20-21.
City driving is usually around 16-17
JT with a 3.6" pulley

06Bluerex

Established Member
paxton 2200sl 3.8" pulley
3.73 gearing and 275/40/19 MPSS
pump gas 93

im only getting 13-14mpg, before i went boost i was getting 17mpg.

ebrow21

Established Member
Speaking broadly, tunes for mpg (out of boost of course) want lean AND a lot of timing at cruise. I'm used to working with other applications, so I cant speak for how thats achieved on this platform though.

That being said, its reaaal easy to mess up my tank mpg with a small pulley Whipple, haha. Cruise and stab the throttle more than 20%? 10lbs instantly. Worth it.

CSG

Established Member
I am thinking that I might should put a larger pulley on (3.15 currently) so I can run more timing. I am thinking of trying another tuner for my street tune but have paid many different tuners in the past that claimed to be able to fix whatever issue I complained about with little to no success. No one wants to gibe a refund when they can't perform the task.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
You say your running low timing but what is it at part throttle? 30? 40?

Also there's a trade off when it comes to A/F ratios and cruising. Typically staying around 14.0 allows for the best driveability / power at part throttle. The leaner you go you can tend to start running into some slight bucking at part throttle.

It's also hard to compare. Beefcake says he gets 24-25 but I think there's like 3 hill's total in all of Ohio. Depending on what kind of road surface and grade your driving on that can effect your fuel economy.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

Also there's a trade off when it comes to A/F ratios and cruising. Typically staying around 14.0 allows for the best driveability / power at part throttle. The leaner you go you can tend to start running into some slight bucking at part throttle.

It's also hard to compare. Beefcake says he gets 24-25 but I think there's like 3 hill's total in all of Ohio. Depending on what kind of road surface and grade your driving on that can effect your fuel economy.

lol, that was from cincy to Chicago, highway, city driving is never going to get that mpg

CSG

Established Member

I will have to check the actual cruise timing.
I also have the slight bucking at very low speed. Very subtle though. I also see it with the cruise set, the RPM fluctuates a bit just enough to bug me.
It is flat where I am as well and I also have a 2C.

PC03GT

Established Member
Vortech v3, 3:73, m82, o/r h pipe, and ID 1000s. I get about 18-19 mpgs, but most of that is highway miles

Silver_Coyote

Established Member
I have a supercharged mustang, therefore don't check or care about mpg's lol that's why I bought a Honda for a DD.

But the one time I did check was driving to jersey from long island and got 28mpg. But that was driving about 55 because of rain for 2 1/2 hours. I probably average 15-18? Just a guess, I really don't check

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Just drove from Easton, Md. to Cincinnati, Oh. and back (1,200 miles) Averaged 22-23 mpg, mods in sig.

stang910

Established Member
I can easily get 25+ at 60mph on the hwy. Very rarely do I ever see anything under 17 no matter where I'm driving. On my current tank of gas I'm almost averaging 23 with a mix of city/hwy driving.

clean92lx

Established Member
Paxton with 3.6 pulley I get 13 city and 19-20 highway. When I was bolt on car I got 33 mpg with cruise set at 60-65 mph

Users who are viewing this thread