Vortech Kit..Good price?

Montanasvt

Established Member
Found a local Vortech kit for sale for $3500...seems like a good deal. Really want the paxton 2200 kit because I read some really good things about it. But for this price seems like I should take this into consideration. What do you guys think?

Here are the specs...

Vortech V3 supercharger, black powder coated,, comes with 47lbs injectors, air to air front mounted intercooler, SCT hand held tuner, tune for 2012 mustang gt by Unique tuning.

14k miles on the kit. currently on the car but will remove upon payment. kit made 550 rwhp 462 torque.

Listed below is factory infromation

Complete System Included Components and Features
V-3 Si compressor with 3.60" drive pulley
Manifold boost pressure: 7.5-8.5 psig @ 6k on stock engine
Supplied SCT programmer re-flashes the ECM with a safe, custom Vortech calibration for 91-octane fuel.
Fuel system upgrade includes fuel rail spacers and high flow replacement fuel injectors
Air inlet assembly includes:
High-flow roto-molded ducting. Mates to OEM airbox and some aftermarket "CAI" MAF/inlet assemblies
OEM replacement K&N panel filter
Silicone sleeves and reducers
Stainless steel clamps
PCV and breather hose provisions for both automatic and manual transmission applications
Replacement engine coolant pipe and hose assemblies
Engine coolant reservoir replacement assembly
Dual plate supercharger mounting system includes idlers, drive belt and all hardware. Mount features multiple position idler location for a wide range of belt and pulley fits.
Discharge components include:
High flow air/air charge cooler. 24" x 13" x 3.5" cooler core.
Mandrel bent 3" aluminum charge tubes for high flow and minimal weight
Stainless steel clamps
Silicone sleeves
98mm MAF housing configured for "blow-through" use. Integrated air-straightener upstream of the MAF housing.
Vortech Maxflow Race Bypass Valve with filter

Also, what should I look for?

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
You can get a brand new Paxton tuner kit for a few hundred more dollars. I personally would rather buy new. Of course you would still have to buy a tuner and injectors plus get a tune.

stang910

Established Member
I'd say it's a fair price if you want the injectors and handheld, but I'd go with a new tuner kit and get your own injectors and sct. Like was already said you can get the tuner kit for a few hundred more, you can also upgrade the head unit to the Paxton.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
for a complete kit, it's a good deal. As long as you know you are getting everything.

I can set you up with a new system, but i'd be lying if I said that isn't a good deal for a "complete black" kit

beef

busarich

Established Member
Sounds like a good deal and i was in the same position used for cheaper and not know the condition or buy new. I opted for the new paxton tuner kit from beefcake. It will cost a little more but i wanted id1000s and already had a tuner

Montanasvt

Established Member
I apreciate the input... He is asking $3500. I hate low balling people, but I think in order for me to want to purchase a used kit, I will need a better deal. I've talked to him and I think he needs a few compenents off of my car to complete the swap I am going to offer him $3000 for everything considering I can get a new paxton for around $3800 or so. I do not need the tuner since I have one already, I can sell it for a couple hundred bucks making the kit around $2800 for the kit,injectors, and a tuner. Seems like a good buy.

What signs of wear and tear should or can I look for in the kit?

RFM50

Established Member
Dude even if he wont take less than 3500 that is still a smoking deal. Unless you want to put down huge numbers, this kit will be more than enough. I may be mistaken and beef can chime in more but Im pretty sure you can pully these head units down to make 7-800 horse at the wheels. Worse comes to worse, if you want to eventually go bigger, you swap head units. Also I wouldn't give him all the money until he pulls the kit. Give him a deposit and make him pull the kit to get the rest. Unless you know him, you can't trust anybody now a days.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Dude even if he wont take less than 3500 that is still a smoking deal. Unless you want to put down huge numbers, this kit will be more than enough. I may be mistaken and beef can chime in more but Im pretty sure you can pully these head units down to make 7-800 horse at the wheels. Worse comes to worse, if you want to eventually go bigger, you swap head units. Also I wouldn't give him all the money until he pulls the kit. Give him a deposit and make him pull the kit to get the rest. Unless you know him, you can't trust anybody now a days.

about 700-750 rwhp is about the most you'll see out of the v3, still a great kit,

again, black runs about $200 more than the satin kit as well

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What kit has the 1000 hp capability?

the paxton or vortech oil fed units are the nicer ones, the case on the sl paxton isn't quite as good, and won't make as much power, but can get near 1000 as well

if your wanting that much, i'd do the oil fed / 8 rib setup that we do

Last edited:

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
If he doesn't plan to go over 650-700whp, wouldn't the v3 be more efficient at those power levels vs Paxton HU?

Montanasvt

Established Member
Just got to thinking. I will need a boost a pump for this kit as well right. The 47# injectors won't be.enough i don't think. Will the 47s and a boost a pump be.enough ?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Just got to thinking. I will need a boost a pump for this kit as well right. The 47# injectors won't be.enough i don't think. Will the 47s and a boost a pump be.enough ?

depends on how much power you want,

if your sticking with the base boost, you should be fine. I always like a bap, even at stock boost, just to be safe, never play with fuel.

for the bap, vortech has a static or a boost referenced.

Montanasvt

Established Member
depends on how much power you want,

if your sticking with the base boost, you should be fine. I always like a bap, even at stock boost, just to be safe, never play with fuel.

for the bap, vortech has a static or a boost referenced.

Yea he said he doesn't have a bap and hes only good to 6k rpms ..do u sell them? Which do u recommend for 600hp and what pulley will i need on the v3 to make 600hp

Dtony

Established Member
That is a very good deal for the complete kit. I have $5000 in mine that included the V3 tuner kit, ID72 injectors, and a Boss intake adaptor. Mine is the Satin kit too.

That kit won't last long at $3500.

Montanasvt

Established Member
So even with the stock pulley "3.6" and 47# injectors shouldn't it still go past 6k rpms? or does that sound right?

Also, what should I look for in terms of wear, I am going to meet him tomorrow to look at the kit and ride in his car. It does have 14k miles on it. How long do these things last when properly took care of?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
So even with the stock pulley "3.6" and 47# injectors shouldn't it still go past 6k rpms? or does that sound right?

Also, what should I look for in terms of wear, I am going to meet him tomorrow to look at the kit and ride in his car. It does have 14k miles on it. How long do these things last when properly took care of?

the cars can be "tricky", usually you can get by on the stock pulley without the bap or injectors,

once you start adding mods, these can get lean real quick,

Pulley, BAP, and complimenting injectors will put you where you want to be.

what he said

Users who are viewing this thread