VooDoo motor applications...........

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
With the new 5.2 flat-plane crank motor official do you guys think we could see a Mid Engine Supercar from Ford again? Maybe another Ford GT? I just don't see Ford using this gem of a motor in one car and bet it has much more potential in it especially in other applications. What do you guys think?

10splaya22

Established Member
apications?? I don't think spell check even knew what you were trying to say.

But possibly, who knows, we will find out when we see spy shots of different vehicles. Maybe a GT500 as well. They don't need to use it in another car though. They only used the trinity 5.8L in the GT500 as far as I know.

B0B

Established Member
I am excited to see some more specs on this engine. Compression, internals, etc. I would love to see some swaps with this new beast.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Just imagine how much the crate motor will cost! I'm thinking LS9 prices out of the gate. $25K at least.

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
Just imagine how much the crate motor will cost! I'm thinking LS9 prices out of the gate. $25K at least.

This isn't gonna be a high production engine. If and when u blow it up be prepared to shell out the monies! I would guess a crate motor should be $18-22+k. Dont be the guinea pig with this motor!

We wont see a huge aftermarket support on these for some time, just wont be enough of them being mod'd to make sense for shops in the beginning or a shop that has the experience to do the jobs.

sonicblue04gt

Established Member
The new GT is coming as Ford has said they want to return to LeMans in 2016.

A new GT with this motor and twins/blower would SICK!!! Expensive as all get out too!

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
This isn't gonna be a high production engine. If and when u blow it up be prepared to shell out the monies! I would guess a crate motor should be $18-22+k. Dont be the guinea pig with this motor!

We wont see a huge aftermarket support on these for some time, just wont be enough of them being mod'd to make sense for shops in the beginning or a shop that has the experience to do the jobs.

Its going to get exhaust and a tune and thats it

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Geez, didn't even see the title misspelling and no way of editing it?? Anyways, it just makes sense to me that this light weight high reving engine would make a great power plant in a mid engine car. I think NA would be bad ass but boost OMG!

mavisky

Established Member
Eco-Boost Voodoo in the forthcoming GT500 perhaps?

The old 5.4 and 5.8 are dead and gone so the GT500 will have to be Coyote or Voodoo based. Don't see them developing a completely new bottom end and just using it in the GT350.

Gravik

Established Member
Doubt we will see another GT. unless it looks identical to the 2005-2006 GT, then I don't want to see another one, because IMO, that was and is the best looking car Ford has ever made.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
My question is what kind of power adder will be used if the do indeed do a GT500/Cobra model or Ford GT? With this being a high reving engine I don't think a blower would be efficient? Would a blower be able to spin that high and make power? What's the point if power drops off well before redline? I bet Eco (turbos) if we see any boost.

Last edited:

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
Aren't the cylinder walls in the Coyote already pretty thin? They got the extra displacement all from increasing the bore so it will be interesting to see how it stands up to boost.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
I don't believe this myself. I don't think they'd put all those resources into developing the 5.2 and then not use it in the upcoming GT500 and the next iteration of the GT. My guess is some version of it will be in both those cars and they will be FI. Remember the GT350 is supposed to be the Boss' replacement, the Halo car is yet to come.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
My question is what kind of power adder will be used if the do indeed do a GT500/Cobra model or Ford GT? With this being a high reving engine I don't think a blower would be efficient? Would a blower be able to spin that high and make power? What's the point if power drops off well before redline? I bet Eco (turbos) if we see any boost.

A centrifugal supercharger would pull hard all the way to redline, but I don't know of any car that has had a centri from the factory. Plus it won't produce that low rpm torque that a positive displacement blower would. A turbo just makes more sense; properly size it will increase the overall power and produce decent torque down low, much like the current ecoboost offerings. My Fiesta ST is a torquey little nugget. So if they go FI with this engine I expect it will be a turbo.

Users who are viewing this thread