VMP TVS in the 9's!

466roller

Established Member
Headed out to the track tonight for a little more test and tune. Was fortunate enough to have trackside support from Alex from VMP. Last time out the car was consitent 10.0's @137. At that time it did not have the RPM patch for the A6 cars. After applying the patch and making a few tweaks I was anxious to get to the track. Quick rundown of the set-up.

'15 Long Block, OPG, Stage 3 N/A cams, Full Exh, 2C Converter. VMP Gen2, 79mm pulley(10psi W/cams), VMP TB and PMAS Intake. First pass of the street, 10.01 @137. And then...

]
FullSizeRender_26.jpg

9.94 was the 2nd pass, followed by the 9.91. I packed the VMP ice tank and got the 9.86. Tried for one more pass but a car caught fire and they had to shut the track down. That last pass felt GREAT! Was hoping for a 1.39 60ft, got close. I love the fact it's only on a 79mm pulley and 100% stock suspension with the exception of Viking shocks. Not to mention it weighs 3900lbs.

Overall I can't say enough about the support I've received from VMP with the tuning of the car. Alex proably has 100hrs into the transmission tuning alone. The lock up schedule with the converter for daily driving is perfect, nice and smooth. It does'nt "stack" the gears one on top of the other and the converter lock doesnt kill the cars momentum under normal driving. Hoping to take the car to Bowling Green and run True Street maybe get into the 9.60's.​

bunits19714

Established Member
with cooler air you will definitely get quicker- nice 1/8 miles they are strong, What are you running for a fuel system?:thumbsup: good feeling to drive to the track and run 9's.

4VFTW

Established Member
Congrats Donny, Knew it was only a matter of time. look forward to seeing how it runs when it cools off.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
I gotta ask , how much have you paid for tuning if they have put 100 hours into it?!

466roller

Established Member
Congrats Donny, Knew it was only a matter of time. look forward to seeing how it runs when it cools off.

Thanks Marc. Gotta get my 60 a little lower. Thinking about signing up for Street Car Drags in November. Maybe I'll see you there.

466roller

Established Member
I gotta ask , how much have you paid for tuning if they have put 100 hours into it?!

LOL! It should be 10 hrs into the trans tuning. I'm not sure how much trackside service they r offering at this point. I know it's something they feel is important but you'd have to contact VMP for pricing and details. My combo is a little different than most in that I have Comp Stage 3 NA cams. That definitely makes the tuning more difficult especially under normal daily driving. It took some time but the results speak for themselves IMO. The car runs and drives great and I feel I'm very picky when it comes to the way the car should drive and I'm pretty sure Alex would agree! I really think the whole process has benefited both myself and other VMP customers. I guess we'll see when it starts to cool off a little.

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I just realized you were Stock Fiveoh on Facebook. I accepted your friend request the other day.

Congratulations on the passes!

demas

Established Member
this amazing man!
can you please send me a link of the viking shocks you have?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
very nice

Thanks man!!
Do you have any idea if they can be used with Eibach pro springs?

they will fit fine, the b226 is what we typically sell for the n/a guys, the b326am for over 600rwhp, is what i would recommend

both are great shocks

demas

Established Member
very nice

they will fit fine, the b226 is what we typically sell for the n/a guys, the b326am for over 600rwhp, is what i would recommend

both are great shocks

Terry, would b326am fit for an Auto and Daily driven as well? i'm with more than 650rwhp

Users who are viewing this thread