VMP TVS in the 9's!

466roller

Established Member
Had thopportunity oto go to Bowling Green a few weeks ago for the NMRA event. Ran a new P.B. E.T and MPH. No changes made to the tune still. It's the same tune I drive on every day!

Big thanks to VMP, Justin, Alex and Joe for the great tuning and track support!

IMG_4341.jpg

Unfortunately I ended up breaking the spider gears in the diff on my second pass during the true street event. Car was launching hard all weekend, I wonder if this is why it broke!

IMG_4353.jpg

Last edited:

vortecd

Established Member
Nice runs. Surprised you broke the spider gears. I have been low 9's with them in a fox 1.38 60 ft

bunits19714

Established Member
Nice runs op- you doing a spool or do you daily to much on non 15" wheels? I need to get my tune straightened out, im pulling 1.39 60's with mine but stuck in the 10.10-15 range with transmission shifting issues- im about over it- spring was lock up issue, now its locking up but hitting the rev limiter on every shift- bogs so bad on the 1-2 shift it snaps a lil light under the front tire when it the power comes back on. time for axles and tubes welded up and a 75 mm pulley for you.

466roller

Established Member
Nice runs. Surprised you broke the spider gears. I have been low 9's with them in a fox 1.38 60 ft

Yeah me too but I'm about 3900lbs race weight. The week before I broke the carrier. It sheared the bearing mount right off it. I bought a complete take out rear from a 2014 RS3 with 9k miles on it and thought it would be okay for a while. It lasted 5 passes and about 400 street miles! Going to go wavetrac when funds allow.

466roller

Established Member
Nice runs op- you doing a spool or do you daily to much on non 15" wheels? I need to get my tune straightened out, im pulling 1.39 60's with mine but stuck in the 10.10-15 range with transmission shifting issues- im about over it- spring was lock up issue, now its locking up but hitting the rev limiter on every shift- bogs so bad on the 1-2 shift it snaps a lil light under the front tire when it the power comes back on. time for axles and tubes welded up and a 75 mm pulley for you.

Going Wavetrac. It's my only car so I daily on 20" Nitto 555R's (10.40 @138 w 1.68). Sorry to hear about the trans shifting. My car was stuck in the 10.30 range for a while, I feel your pain. Tune changes and the PMAS took me from a P.B of 10.28 to 9.82 nearly identical weather.

Users who are viewing this thread