VMP TVS #0002 Build... 03 Cobra

Ponyman460

Established Member
Wow! All the Florida people are in here:rockon: Jake, Frank and crew definitely do some great work and they're very meticulous about it. Ponyman, I saw your car there when they were installing my nitrous kit, looks like a sleeper!

I'm pretty much set on getting the TVS from Justin. Now I have to figure out if I wanna switch to a return setup and run E85

I have been thinking more and more about the TVS lately myself...and already did the e85!

Sounds good man ...looking forward to meet you at the rental on the 29th :beer:

will definately be there running the car!

If you live in Florida, and own an 03-04 Cobra, it should be required to run the TVS LOL. This combo will be awesome and I can't wait to get the HP numbers and some track time!

I'd stick with pump gas... Im not sure how it is where you live, but E85 is hard to come by.

I'm not sure exactly... Maybe Ryan (04Ryan) can chime in. we used contact cement to hold it all together. I know it works REAL good seeing it on Senkak's and Ryans car!
You are helping to convince me about the TVS! Mine is a 98 with a Terminator swap/ e85, and an auto. That blower should work wonderfully on my car too. The e85 is not too hard to come by down here....on most of the turnpike locations and plenty of stations arond. :beer:

Tucker

also didn't the JLT claimed before that once this motors are reading high psi they want more volume and velocity = RAI ? Or this new gen. Intakes changed that ?

Check this out:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H259klO0K9Q"]JLT Next Gen 12" CAI test - YouTube[/nomedia]

and this:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW9bFXOMTEc"]JLT Performance 03 Cobra Intake Test - YouTube[/nomedia]

We can make more power with a filter in the fender well all day long.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Subin to see a good comparo of two blowers with the same displacement. Unlike all those other comparisons you see in the magazines comparing 2.8's against 2.3's. I hate that. Apples to apples is where its at.
:pop:

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Subin to see a good comparo of two blowers with the same displacement. Unlike all those other comparisons you see in the magazines comparing 2.8's against 2.3's. I hate that. Apples to apples is where its at.
:pop:

Your 100% correct!! Apples to apples is what were going for. The first run will be on 93 pump and then a 110 race tune. I'm sure we'll do some different pulley combos on 93 to give some more boost comparisons.

04Ryan

Established Member
The insulation is called Rubatex...you can buy it in sheets. We used 3/8" thick and it works great. You can get thicker if you'd like...but I needed my tank to fit under my false floor in my trunk. And the thicker Rubatex would have caused the tank to sit too high. But I can fill up my tank with ice and let it sit in the staging lanes for over an hour and still have just as much ice as I did when I first filled it. Before I insulated mine, it would melt rather quickly in the FL heat.

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
The insulation is called Rubatex...you can buy it in sheets. We used 3/8" thick and it works great. You can get thicker if you'd like...but I needed my tank to fit under my false floor in my trunk. And the thicker Rubatex would have caused the tank to sit too high. But I can fill up my tank with ice and let it sit in the staging lanes for over an hour and still have just as much ice as I did when I first filled it. Before I insulated mine, it would melt rather quickly in the FL heat.

Sold!! I'll be adding this to the list, where did you buy it from?

NotQuik

Just a GT
Established Member
Nice duct tape job on the insulation...

I hope she can stay ahead of the 2v with the TVS, Jon ;-)

That JLT peice really does look nice.

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
NEW Next Gen JLT showed up yesterday. WOW... Thats all I can say. The new JLT intakes are truly amazing and the paint work and quality is top notch. This is the new High Boost 12'' JLT. I dont have the blower on the car but I thought i'd still share a couple pics....

IMAG0274.jpg

IMAG0273.jpg

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Once I get everything done, I'll use a way better camera and take some high res pictures. These are just crappy cell phone pics to start with.

Users who are viewing this thread