VMP Stock-Look 2.4 pulley available in black or stainless finish

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We now offer our 2013 pulleys in black or stainless finish. We have also introduced new pricing on them.

https://vmptuning.com/index.php?p=product&id=1375

Making a smaller pulley for the 2013 TVS presented some unique engineering challenges. Ford had already made the pulley very small from the factory (about a 2.6-2.7). The TVS blowers actually use a longer shaft than the previous generation M122 blowers so older pulleys will not interchange.

With this being said, there was not any room to go smaller on the ID, only thinner on the OD.

We chose to make our pulleys from a high-strength stainless alloy that is nearly twice as strong as stock (not just 20 or 30% stronger). We did this because the section thickness is very thin with a 2.4" OD pulley.

If you choose the black finish option they are epoxy painted.

2013's have a slightly shorter belt from the factory, but we recommend using a 90mm idler as well.

When the 2013 blowers are assembled the factory pulley is put on with loctite shaft locker. This makes them very hard to get off. We recommend working on a warm-hot engine or heating the stock pulley to 150-180F before removal. We recently beefed up our pulley tools to handle the extra stress, with a thicker bar, thicker clamshell, and larger bolts. We have not found loctite to be necessary when installing an aftermarket pulley but there is no problem with using it if you choose to.

Our pulleys are made in the USA.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Ive had the stainless one sitting in a box for a few months now, still not ready to up the power lol

GreggsSVT

Established Member
We now offer our 2013 pulleys in black or stainless finish. We have also introduced new pricing on them.

https://vmptuning.com/index.php?p=product&id=1375

Making a smaller pulley for the 2013 TVS presented some unique engineering challenges. Ford had already made the pulley very small from the factory (about a 2.6-2.7). The TVS blowers actually use a longer shaft than the previous generation M122 blowers so older pulleys will not interchange.

With this being said, there was not any room to go smaller on the ID, only thinner on the OD.

We chose to make our pulleys from a high-strength stainless alloy that is nearly twice as strong as stock (not just 20 or 30% stronger). We did this because the section thickness is very thin with a 2.4" OD pulley.

If you choose the black finish option they are epoxy painted.

2013's have a slightly shorter belt from the factory, but we recommend using a 90mm idler as well.

When the 2013 blowers are assembled the factory pulley is put on with loctite shaft locker. This makes them very hard to get off. We recommend working on a warm-hot engine or heating the stock pulley to 150-180F before removal. We recently beefed up our pulley tools to handle the extra stress, with a thicker bar, thicker clamshell, and larger bolts. We have not found loctite to be necessary when installing an aftermarket pulley but there is no problem with using it if you choose to.

Our pulleys are made in the USA.

Do you recommend changing to a heavy duty green belt ? Did you do any datalogging to see if there is any belt slip?
Thanks

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Do you recommend changing to a heavy duty green belt ? Did you do any datalogging to see if there is any belt slip?
Thanks

I run this pulley with my IW lower, Metco idler and had no slip.

I now run a Thump Racing tensioner and still A-OK.

Makes 21 psi with my combo.

Bj

PLEASE REACH ME VIA EMAIL AT [email protected] AS OPPOSED TO PM. THANKS.

GreggsSVT

Established Member
I run this pulley with my IW lower, Metco idler and had no slip.

I now run a Thump Racing tensioner and still A-OK.

Makes 21 psi with my combo.

Bj

PLEASE REACH ME VIA EMAIL AT [email protected] AS OPPOSED TO PM. THANKS.

21 lbs. is a lot of boost for the tvs? I bet your torque is close to the whp meaning that your blower is maxed out?

Users who are viewing this thread