Vmp gt500 tb issue

Benz_tech

Kinda Lost
Established Member
Call it a personality type, but since I fixed everything with no "magic" shadow grey 03, I have no reason to contact vmp. I don't need bolts or $40 that bad. My bad for posting my experience on a discussion forum I won't make the same mistake again lol!
If vmp wants to contact me id be game :)

Benz_tech

Kinda Lost
Established Member
On a side note, I'm going to be data logging with John Lund. I'll be running a 3.0 pulley. If my fuel system can't hang, I'll put on the 3.2 with 91 octane. I currently have 60 pound injectors. I feel like these low boost setups on 91 aren't common here, if even here at all. I'll let you know my numbers when I get on the dyno.

Mike L.

Established Member
Call it a personality type, but since I fixed everything with no "magic" shadow grey 03, I have no reason to contact vmp. I don't need bolts or $40 that bad. My bad for posting my experience on a discussion forum I won't make the same mistake again lol!

I like the fact that you posted this information here. I will bring these points up when I place my order so that I won't have to go through the same thing. Thanks for your help and pictures.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member

I think it's great that you called attention to it, but it would have been even more beneficial to let them know so that they could fix the issue for you and everyone in the future :beer:

Benz_tech

Kinda Lost
Established Member
Shadow grey you make an excellent point. Too selfish to see the bigger picture of it all. I get in contact with someone today!

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

whitedevil95

@the03cobro
Established Member
Coming from someone with a Whipple it would be entirely worth it. If VMP comes through with the EGR equipped TVS I'll be buying one. The other thing is the TVS has more pulley options still being made, and the better TB options. The extra HP and torque are just a bonus. I think the highest stock long block 2.3 whipple I've really seen is 04sleepers car at 714rwhp on e85 and 22 psi. You have Timspony and Senkak Both at 730+ with 21 to 21.5 PSI.

There was a thread on here with people comparing similar set ups between whipples and TVS and with same boost and fuel the numbers are nearly identical. I wouldnt be up for spending thousands on a switch to a TVS for 15rwhp. A lot of the hype came from guys running 22+psi, big fuel systems, and E85 and making big numbers vs whipple guys(like i will be) running 16psi and stockish fuel systems.

Benz_tech

Kinda Lost
Established Member
I just got off the phone with Justin and voiced my concerns. Quick conversation. Tb's are ok to rtv, they did recently change the style like someone stated earlier. If you want to get the bolts for the tb to the elbow, you have to order everything from vmp directly all at once. Just getting a throttle body doesn't warrant getting bolts :/
I sent him pics of my tb before and after photos of the machine work I had to do.

cj428mach

Established Member
There was a thread on here with people comparing similar set ups between whipples and TVS and with same boost and fuel the numbers are nearly identical. I wouldnt be up for spending thousands on a switch to a TVS for 15rwhp. A lot of the hype came from guys running 22+psi, big fuel systems, and E85 and making big numbers vs whipple guys(like i will be) running 16psi and stockish fuel systems.

Wait until you get your Whipple on and have to work on it. I've been a whipple 2.3l owner for going on almost 2 years and while I love my blower I do see its short falls. I'd go TVS thats just me. All this talk has me thinking about just buying a TVS and asking a friend I know to add an EGR port to the rear of the blower for me. :D

Anyways back on topic. Glad VMP got this cleared up.

greenflash00

Established Member
I just got off the phone with Justin and voiced my concerns. Quick conversation. Tb's are ok to rtv, they did recently change the style like someone stated earlier. If you want to get the bolts for the tb to the elbow, you have to order everything from vmp directly all at once. Just getting a throttle body doesn't warrant getting bolts :/
I sent him pics of my tb before and after photos of the machine work I had to do.

Glad to hear we got the newest models then. What did he say about the linkage not lining up quite right? Offer any suggestions?

Benz_tech

Kinda Lost
Established Member
I forgot to mention that of like 7 talking points I had. By how quick the conversation went I'm sure it would have been kinda of a "meh" answer. That problem so you know is actually easily fixed just by bending the braket with like a pry bar when it's attached to the supercharger. It was a pretty easy fix.

greenflash00

Established Member
I forgot to mention that of like 7 talking points I had. By how quick the conversation went I'm sure it would have been kinda of a "meh" answer. That problem so you know is actually easily fixed just by bending the braket with like a pry bar when it's attached to the supercharger. It was a pretty easy fix.

Hmm that sounds a bit different than my issue with the linkage. Mine lined up with the bracket but binds up at the bottom where the connecter fits into it. It won't allow it to go in far enough for the cable to align with the valley. I could grind that head down to make it fit in all the way but haven't done it yet.

A643D7F6-68AC-489D-8717-BE2FCD1712D0.gif

JamesHell

to poor to be fast
Established Member
It is better to make that hole deeper in the cam.
The knob on the cable is .250" so drill a hole a bit larger and you will be good. Don't worry to much about going too deep as the spring channel is on the other side and it is no big deal if you go through to it.

greenflash00

Established Member
It is better to make that hole deeper in the cam.
The knob on the cable is .250" so drill a hole a bit larger and you will be good. Don't worry to much about going too deep as the spring channel is on the other side and it is no big deal if you go through to it.

Thats an even better idea. I'm gonna do that. :beer:

Benz_tech

Kinda Lost
Established Member
Green flash before you do anything do want to see pics of what I did? I can text them to you if you pm me your #!

Users who are viewing this thread