VMP Gen 3 TVS 2012 GT500 testing

Never_Enough

Established Member
Have only had the chance to drive the 18 home from dealer... work has been crazy. Ill put some miles on her this weekend.

Initial thoughts are that the new coyote is STRONG and revs and revs and revs. The power doesn't stop pouring on.

Trans in drag mode is incredible. It'll bark the tires on shifts.

Technology is awesome... Sync3 is far and away better than original Sync on my 2011 FX4 F150. Love apple car play. Love track apps. Love drive modes (not available on base model.. must get 301a or premium).

The base cloth seats are GREAT. Huge improvement over s197 base seats.

Obviously does not have the brute power of my old Shelby--yet.
I might have to seriously rethink keeping the new GT & Camaro SS off my list & say to hell with being too common. Hmm...

ram150

USMC veteran
Established Member
8E032B7A-2759-41A3-844F-9391CBBFF23A.jpeg
I mean, you can't worry about owning a "common car" then go out and buy a miata

Never_Enough

Established Member
I mean, you can't worry about owning a "common car" then go out and buy a miata
I seem to have to clarify this every damn time I talk about this...for my main fast toy, I prefer to have something far less common. But since you mentioned the Miata, only 3,002 M Editions were made in 1997.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I seem to have to clarify this every damn time I talk about this...for my main fast toy, I prefer to have something far less common. But since you mentioned the Miata, only 3,002 M Editions were made in 1997.

Yes, I can point out "rare" crown vics and grand marqs as well, a rare trim level of a very common car is not the same as a rare car.

I understand your quest for owning different stuff from everyone else, I mean look in my signature. At the same time, it's nice to be able to buy parts for a car that actually fit the first time and you don't have to pull bits and pieces from other models to assemble some sort of vehicle. I can see the appeal of being an automotive normie, to an extent.

BV600

Established Member
This blower is pretty exciting.

Cant wait for VMP to release it for the Coyote and 18+ platform.

Going to be NASTY when paired with the rifle-fire 10r80. Mmmmm Hmmmm!

Roush switched to a front feed blower for 18+ for a reason, I don't see this blower working on 18+

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Pretty solid results, I liked this testing method much better.
It's a better flowing blower, if you need that extra flow you'll be very happy.
You can save $1000+ and still have enough power to hurt a stock motor with a 2R.
-J

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
So when people say on 11-12s it’s only safe to run around 750whp or so how is it safe to run this at 800whp on stock block? Just short life for the motor?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
So when people say on 11-12s it’s only safe to run around 750whp or so how is it safe to run this at 800whp on stock block? Just short life for the motor?

Sent from my iPhone using p.com
Here is the difficulty in watching this and thinking you can safely make that number vs recognizing it CAN make that power in a controlled dyno environment BUT it’s a ticking time bomb if you try and race or regularly use that power on the street.
Rods exiting a block can be a $10k+ lesson, so chose we wisely!
-J

Users who are viewing this thread