VMP 5.0L TVS Supercharger

darreng505

Established Member
Do you have pictures of this kit installed? Or a diary of an installation?
The pic on the website is rather unrevealing.

I'm in the market for a SC.

You said you can dial in the rwhp. Is that via a re-tune or is there some user control to do this? Can it be dialed down to 550-600 rwhp? I don't think the boss 302 stock drivetrain can handle much more than that without upgrades.

flyby763

Established Member

You said you can dial in the rwhp. Is that via a re-tune or is there some user control to do this? Can it be dialed down to 550-600 rwhp? I don't think the boss 302 stock drivetrain can handle much more than that without upgrades.

Their shop car made 800+...I'm no expert but I think with the forged internals on a boss you can make well over 550-600 safely

darreng505

Established Member
Their shop car made 800+...I'm no expert but I think with the forged internals on a boss you can make well over 550-600 safely

Making it is one thing. Making it last is another. The general consensus is 550-600 is the most you can reliably put on the drivetrain. My question was more about the supercharger and if it can be dialed down below 600.

I would never attempt to race a boss with 800rwhp on stock drivetrain...:nono: :rolling:

Also, the engine is probably not the weak spot. Rather it will be the clutch/trans/driveshaft...

zachcrosen

Established Member

Check out my thread under the 2011-2013 thread. I have this kit and wrote up about my install and things I found along the way. Ivalso have pix of the parts and the install progress. I put down 654/600 with the 75mm pulley but am looking to swap to the 82 or 79 pulley to not grenade the stock block!

Go over to my thread and browse and ask any questions you have and I'll answer them beat I can based on my experience.

Zach

QikSnake

Established Member

It is dialed in via combination of tuning and pulley selection. Beyond that internally everything is sound for considerably more power. We have had much success on the road course with our boss making more than 600, but to answer the question it can easily be dialed in at that level on a very safe tune, without sacrificing any driveability.

VMP 2.3L TVS Supercharger kit for 2011-2013 GT 5.0L & Boss 302: VMP Tuning

I would select the 82mm pulley.

Last edited:

QikSnake

Established Member
Making it is one thing. Making it last is another. The general consensus is 550-600 is the most you can reliably put on the drivetrain. My question was more about the supercharger and if it can be dialed down below 600.

I would never attempt to race a boss with 800rwhp on stock drivetrain...:nono: :rolling:

Also, the engine is probably not the weak spot. Rather it will be the clutch/trans/driveshaft...

We have run our Boss on the stock trans with a McLeod RXT and Aluminum flywheel mid 600's at the road course without incident, and performed extremely well especially with our new heat exchanger we saw 0 power lost due to heat soak on the track.

So with that being said, this kit will perform very well at your desired power level in whatever manner you would enjoy using it and leave you plenty of room to turn it up in the future. Let me know if you have additional questions, or feel free to call the shop and talk to one of the guys 321-206-9369

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

I can send you the install instructions, let me know your email address.

RC-5.0

Established Member
Since the original post, is there a place OUTSIDE of Florida that I can purchase the complete kit to save on tax. That's about $400 in sales taxes I would have to pay just for buying in Florida.
Thanks
RC

edmontonbigj

Established Member
What's the difference between the stage 1 and stage 2 kit from vmp? I see on late model the stage 1 kit is 6k and stage 2 is 6800... The only difference I see is fans on the HE on stage 2.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
What's the difference between the stage 1 and stage 2 kit from vmp? I see on late model the stage 1 kit is 6k and stage 2 is 6800... The only difference I see is fans on the HE on stage 2.

Look at our website for all details.

Stage 1 does not coming with tuner, custom calibrations, VMP Triple pass/dual fan heat exchanger.

bj

Users who are viewing this thread