VMP 5.0L TVS Supercharger

QikSnake

Established Member
We are very pleased to announce the release of our 5.0L VMP TVS Supercharger for 2011+ 5.0L Mustang and Boss 302. Which is now in stock and ready to ship! Initial testing shows insane potential with this kit, competitively priced, and already packaged with everything you'd be looking to add to any other supercharger kit standard. It truly is a remarkable value.

The 5.0L VMP TVS kit comes standard with: JLT 123mm Cold Air Intake, Afco Dual Fan Heat Exchanger, Injector Dynamics 72# fuel injectors, & VMP Superchargers very own High-Flow Inlet Elbow. Whether you have a bone stock 5.0L Mustang GT or your finally ready to utilize your built up Boss 302 or Aluminator's true potential. The 5.0L VMP TVS will do more than you need it to.

You can safely dial the 5.0L VMP TVS in anywhere from 600-650 RWHP on a stock 2011+ 5.0L Mustang GT or anywhere from 600-900 RWHP on a 2012+ Boss 302. Don't hesitate and order yours today!

now-in-stock-50l-pallet.jpg

Last edited:

Jenkins

Established Member
Im good friends with Kris Starnes and he said he knew a couple people with VMP and i want to add a power adder. He told me i should go with this kit. He said he really likes what it comes with and what it can do with the price. the only thing i hate is having to give up the Boss intake.

QikSnake

Established Member
I can definitely understand not wanting to give up the Boss Intake, it has it's use and it does look very cool. Let's take a quick second though to look at what it's doing for you vs what a VMP TVS Supercharger can do.

The boss intake basically extends your operating range from 6500 to 7500 RPM but at the cost of torque if you take a look at the claimed factory numbers of a Boss 302.
Power: 444 hp @ 7500 rpm
Torque: 380 lb-ft @ 4500 rpm

Stock 5.0L Numbers:
hp: 412 hp @ 6500 rpm
tq: 390 lb-ft @ 4250 rpm

As you can see 10 more lb-ft of tq 250 RPM's sooner without the boss intake. You do gain 32 HP with that extra 1000 RPM with the boss intake though.

Now lets look at what a VMP TVS can do for you. You can safely dial this thing in anywhere between 600-700 RWHP on Pump Gas, We highly recommend running Torco or Race gas above 700 to be safe with the high compression of these motors. Well over 750+ RWHP is also very easy to achieve with a simple pulley change and some higher octane when your ready for more as well.

You will notice the gains from the supercharger at low RPM as well as through the entire RPM Band. So as result you will get more usable power all the way through the RPM Band the instant you press on the gas until you change gears. Rinse, Repeat until you stop and everyone else catches up.

Also the added down low torque seat of the pants feeling, really makes these cars so much fun to drive.

Here is some more information:
VMP 2.3L TVS for 2011-2013 5.0L & Boss 302: VMP Tuning - Superchargers, Tuners, Custom Tunes, & Performance Parts

Feel free to let me know if you have any more questions, on here, by email, by phone, or whatever works best for you.

Jenkins

Established Member
ok i saw and the kit says its 7k i saw that it comes with injectors and other stuff will i need anything else bigger fuel pump or a boost a pump or anything else for that matter?

ArtVandalay16

Established Member
I already have a tvs...is the vmp inlet only upgrade to this kit from the base kit? If so how much for inlet?

nycarpenter

Established Member
Im good friends with Kris Starnes and he said he knew a couple people with VMP and i want to add a power adder. He told me i should go with this kit. He said he really likes what it comes with and what it can do with the price. the only thing i hate is having to give up the Boss intake.

Granted you lose the intake but think about the shit eating grins you gain :) JMHO the upside is huge the downside is you could strap the intake into the passenger seat this way you could admire it even with the hood closed. :beer:

KYSVT

Banned
About time to order. What else would i need for this kit, TB, Fuel system upgrade ect? Is there a discount code, military discount ect? Thank you in advance

QikSnake

Established Member
ok i saw and the kit says its 7k i saw that it comes with injectors and other stuff will i need anything else bigger fuel pump or a boost a pump or anything else for that matter?

the ID 72's that are included are all you would need until going over 750-800 RWHP at that point a voltage booster is needed.

It comes with the throttle body the only thing you need beyond the complete 7k kit is a tune and/or handheld tuner if your going to stay under 750 RWHP.

Customers would have to purchase a new TB for this kit, correct?
Throttle Body is included in the kit, the same one as the Roush TVS Kit

About time to order. What else would i need for this kit, TB, Fuel system upgrade ect? Is there a discount code, military discount ect? Thank you in advance
Call, Email, or PM Me

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I already have a tvs...is the vmp inlet only upgrade to this kit from the base kit? If so how much for inlet?

The blower inlet is already cnc ported to match our high-flow elbow, along with special machining changes to the nose drive to take 63mm and 66mm pullies.

If you already have a vmp elbow we can delete that from the vmp 5.0l tvs kit, but it would only save you a small amount. PM me for details.

RTD

Established Member
What's the realistic longevity of the MT-82 with 700 rwhp? I wouldn't expect it to last doing 5k launches on slicks at the strip, but will it hold under moderately aggressive street driving at these power levels?

nocobrafornow

Established Member
i thought i read somewhere that the plug and play harness comes with it, is that true?
also i have a basically stock 11 gt and i would want to use the 82mm pulley maybe the 79, is there anything else at all i would need?
does this kit come with the larger capacity coolant tank?thanks David

QikSnake

Established Member
What's the realistic longevity of the MT-82 with 700 rwhp? I wouldn't expect it to last doing 5k launches on slicks at the strip, but will it hold under moderately aggressive street driving at these power levels?

We would recommend using a T-56 Magnum for dragstrip use, beyond that certain tire and clutch configurations can be of use in increasing the longevity of the MT-82

i thought i read somewhere that the plug and play harness comes with it, is that true?
also i have a basically stock 11 gt and i would want to use the 82mm pulley maybe the 79, is there anything else at all i would need?
does this kit come with the larger capacity coolant tank?thanks David

The larger capacity coolant tank is included.

Everything is plug and play

The only other thing you will need is a tuning solution such as:
Custom Tuned SCT X3 Flash Tuner for 11+ Supercharged 5.0L Mustang

bpmurr

Established Member
We are very pleased to announce the release of our 5.0L VMP TVS Supercharger for 2011+ 5.0L Mustang and Boss 302. Which is now in stock and ready to ship! Initial testing shows insane potential with this kit, competitively priced, and already packaged with everything you'd be looking to add to any other supercharger kit standard. It truly is a remarkable value.

The 5.0L VMP TVS kit comes standard with: JLT 123mm Cold Air Intake, Afco Dual Fan Heat Exchanger, Injector Dynamics 72# fuel injectors, & VMP Superchargers very own High-Flow Inlet Elbow. Whether you have a bone stock 5.0L Mustang GT or your finally ready to utilize your built up Boss 302 or Aluminator's true potential. The 5.0L VMP TVS will do more than you need it to.

You can safely dial the 5.0L VMP TVS in anywhere from 600-650 RWHP on a stock 2011+ 5.0L Mustang GT or anywhere from 600-900 RWHP on a 2011+ Boss 302. Don't hesitate and order yours today!

now-in-stock-50l-pallet.jpg

They make a 2011 Boss 302? ;)

ModularSpeed

Suspension Guru
Established Member
We installed this kit on our 2011 GT shop car, and it is a VERY nice kit.

We will have some track results soon, with the lowest boost setting and pump gas. We are expecting mid-low(er) 10's without even trying, on a VERY conservative bracket-race tune....

I am very happy with the parts and service up to this point with the VMP Crew, both on our shop cars, my personal cars, and the tuning.

bpmurr

Established Member
Would it be possible to run the stock 13 GT500 heat exchanger instead of the Afco? I had the dual fan Afco in my 2010 GT500 and wasn't a big fan of the fan noise. (no pun intended)

QikSnake

Established Member
Would it be possible to run the stock 13 GT500 heat exchanger instead of the Afco? I had the dual fan Afco in my 2010 GT500 and wasn't a big fan of the fan noise. (no pun intended)

Yes it could be possible, will PM you more details.

Users who are viewing this thread