VMP 2.3 TVS Stock Throttle Body vs. Accufab Throttle Body Dyno Test

blk00gtvert

Established Member
just finished Modmike1572's car. there was a lot of speculation on rather or not the stock tb is a restriction or not and now we have solid data. IT IS..:-D

mods are:
vmp tvs
2.8 upper
aux idler
stock lower
stock manifolds
OR-X pipe
bassani CB
jlt fenderwell coild air intake
Accufab SBTB
torco
21 degrees
11.8:1 AFR

no tuning changes were made at all. just swapped the tb.

original problem was with the 3.0 pulley it made 570 at 17 psi. held that no problem. when we went to the 2.8 the boost would peak 19 but drop back to 17. so we swapped on a accufab single blade and it it held steady boost all the way. so there we have it folks..lol. if you are planning on running the 2.8 you should probably put the single blade on it :)

dyno.jpg

im sure he will update his thread shortly.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I honestly thought the Accufab would of made more power through out the entire band. The stocker actually does fairly well. Thanks for posting this, always good to see comparison graphs done on same day.

BMR Tech

Good stuff!

Solid gains from 5K +.....and peak gain of 23 rwhp.

I'd say that is proof in the pudding.

Great job!

BMR Tech

I honestly thought the Accufab would of made more power through out the entire band. The stocker actually does fairly well. Thanks for posting this, always good to see comparison graphs done on same day.

I think the scaling of the graph is deceiving.

You think the OEM TB does well? It only supports 17~psi and 560-570hp, effectively.

That's not very "well" whatsoever. I like to call it, weaksauce.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice improvement. Almost peaking 20psi with that 2.8! Makes me want to get a 2.8 and race gas tune soon!

Vr4me

Senior Lurker
Established Member
Was both runs on the same day? If not, any difference in weather conditions? Also, are you comparing the last pull after tuning to the first pull on a different day?

blk00gtvert

Established Member
Both pulls on same day... i had previously tuned the car. Car was stone cold. Warmed up to 160 degrees and did baseline pull. Then tb was swapped which took about an hour due to people coming and going in the shop. Car was warmed up again to 160 and did another pull.

04cobra88

Established Member
You won't need a race gas tune for the 2.8 just some torco that's what my plan is

Nice gains I had a Accufab I was going to use but got a deal on the GT500 completely setup I don't know if it will help me much sence I'll be running the 2.8 like you

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
You won't need a race gas tune for the 2.8 just some torco that's what my plan is

Nice gains I had a Accufab I was going to use but got a deal on the GT500 completely setup I don't know if it will help me much sence I'll be running the 2.8 like you

Thought about it. Don't know if I feel comfortable trying to determine how much to dump in the tank every time and how much gas is still in there when I do. I'd like to stay very consistant. We shall see.

EDIT: I see the graph is also std numbers, how much of a difference is that compared to sae?

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
Thought about it. Don't know if I feel comfortable trying to determine how much to dump in the tank every time and how much gas is still in there when I do. I'd like to stay very consistant. We shall see.

I'm running 17lb and 17 degrees of timing something that some people run on 91 octane with no octane booster. I put about 12 oz in per fill up with 91 octane which is the best we have here. Then I don't like to run the tank low so at about 3/8's of a tank I refill it and redose it. So in theory I should be stacking it as the remaining fuel in the tank has torco in it then I add more fuel and torco. It should add a little safety factor to the equation.

I assume the 2.8 will add about 2 more PSI for your car so you can dose at the +4 octane dose and you should be safe. The rule is for every 1lb of boost or degree of timing you add you need 1 point more octane.

If you decide to go Torco check ebay, you can buy it directly from Torco for like $22 shipped per bottle.

http://torcoracefuel.net/2-docs/accelerator-ratio-93.gif

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm running 17lb and 17 degrees of timing something that some people run on 91 octane with no octane booster. I put about 12 oz in per fill up with 91 octane which is the best we have here. Then I don't like to run the tank low so at about 3/8's of a tank I refill it and redose it. So in theory I should be stacking it as the remaining fuel in the tank has torco in it then I add more fuel and torco. It should add a little safety factor to the equation.

I assume the 2.8 will add about 2 more PSI for your car so you can dose at the +4 octane dose and you should be safe. The rule is for every 1lb of boost or degree of timing you add you need 1 point more octane.

If you decide to go Torco check ebay, you can buy it directly from Torco for like $22 shipped per bottle.

http://torcoracefuel.net/2-docs/accelerator-ratio-93.gif

Thanks, I was just unsure because I asked my tuner about it, he said that he never tested it before. He put a basic race gas tune on my sct tuner. I only roughly put 1k miles on my car a year, that's why I thought race fuel by the barrel. Seem's my car dyno's a little lower than some others on here, so not sure how much more hp I would make.

Don't mean to hi-jack thread either!

Users who are viewing this thread