virus on svt?

nickstang545

Established Member
I think i have a little better protection now, so i will browse the same forum i got the virus from and see where it alerts me

nickstang545

Established Member

nickstang545

Established Member
In the past i had installed Mcafee Antivirus, i then later purchased Avast and to my knowledge i had completely uninstalled Mcafee. Well according to Avast the reason the virus/malware got through to my pc was because Mcafee was not completely uninstalled. So they cleaned my pc and sold me a years tech support for 169.99 lol oh well. Its the internet so these things happen. This may have come from another website but the problem just started acting up here. I have Linux on my desktop and have zero problems with it. Thanks SID for your support and checking it out.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
lol I got the Win 7 Security Center virus too about a week ago. Gave me an excuse to reformat. Spent an hour in safe mode downloading 3 antivirus programs all of them having issues running in x64 (even though two were x64 only and the third was a x32/x64), took me 20min to reformat. Antivirus software makes me LOL.

I dont even think I had SVTP in an open tab when it popped up, I had just finished 3 tv show torrents at around the same time and figured one of those were the culprit.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
If someone can give me a screen cap of the a page they get the message one, post a log from your AV software, etc. it would be very helpful.

BLKFOX

Established Member
I got the win 7 virus too! It shut my computer completely down! I'm pissed!

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this issue...

Last edited:

nickstang545

Established Member
My laptop was ruined so i thought, iyogi.com charged me 169 but they fixed my laptop and they will fix anything i need for a year. Might try that, its expensive but it worked for me, im on my computer now btw.

BLKFOX

Established Member
My laptop was ruined so i thought, iyogi.com charged me 169 but they fixed my laptop and they will fix anything i need for a year. Might try that, its expensive but it worked for me, im on my computer now btw.

I acutally just got it back...It had to be completely reformatted and I lost everything.... but at least it's not screwed...

pony racer

Established Member
I also got hit with this yesterday.. only site open.. after spending the better part of the day fixing my computer and reformatting the HD and reinstalling the OS, i came back tot he page and got hit with it again.. this time i had all the tools ready on my machine to remove it..

both times.. i was browsing in the politcal forum under one of the Ron Paul topics.. if that helps narrow it down..

pony racer

Established Member
for those who have got hit with this..

Get Malwarebytes and run it in safe mode.. it shoudl be able to remove it from there and open it as soon as windows loads(in safe mode).. run the scan imediatly.. once the scan starts it cant close the program.. also make sure you get a file called trojan fakerean fix exe fix.. its a registry editer cause this malware attackes your .exe file..

the type of malware is called "fakerean".. it is on this site..

pony racer

Established Member
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51.2.1300
Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware, anti-virus and spyware removal download

Database version: 8373

Windows 6.1.7600 (Safe Mode)
Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

12/15/2011 12:43:09 PM
mbam-log-2011-12-15 (12-43-09).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|)
Objects scanned: 265298
Time elapsed: 18 minute(s), 19 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 1
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 1
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 4

Memory Processes Infected:
c:\Users\Rick\AppData\Local\sxq.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> 1364 -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe\shell\open\command\(default) (Hijack.ExeFile) -> Value: (default) -> Not selected for removal.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Clients\StartMenuInternet\IEXPLORE.EXE\shell\open\command\(default) (Hijack.StartMenuInternet) -> Bad: ("C:\Users\Rick\AppData\Local\sxq.exe" -a "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe") Good: (iexplore.exe) -> Not selected for removal.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
c:\Users\Rick\AppData\Local\sxq.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\Rick\AppData\Local\Temp\jga.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\Rick\AppData\Local\Temp\xahcwisklj (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\Users\Rick\AppData\Local\Temp\nnnv0.10123667573031647.exe (Exploit.Drop.6) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Users who are viewing this thread