Virginia Folk?

nitrovic

Established Member
drksniper said:
i just got my car back after a long break of being in the shop. just wondering where the big gatherings of mustangs are in the area now. i used to go up to the burger king off 28 but i went up a few weekends back and it seems like nothing but ricers and a couple trucks(which i hate being around). just wondering were the decent guys with fords go to meet talk and exchange the weekly stories at now a days.

justin

Last edited:

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
speedofsound said:
there used to be another one (FCCT), but they closed. if you want to travel 1-2hrs, Evolution Performance in PA is another great place.

FCCT closed huh? Interesting, but not suprised.

All I can say is that the mechanics/service you get aligned with in MACA is better than anything you had before. Talk about alleviating my prior bullshit mechanics/installs in a single trip.

Last edited:

BLK_VNM

Established Member
nitrovic said:
If you go to the BK earlier it's mostly old muscle cars, stangs, vettes and camaros. The ricers come out at night and ruin everything. But for the most part it's still a good show before 8pm. We need to get a Northern Va./surrounding area cruise going more often. There is a lot of Prince William, Fairfax, Stafford Cobras in the area.

yea there are. we jus need to start grouping up on the weekends somewhere. i dont go to the stafford area much but im always driving through fairfax. mabey ill start rolling my window down and yelling at cobra drivers lol. ill either make friends or get arrested for being crazy.

justin

m1615

Established Member
new guy here and i'm in chesapeake, va.. had an 03 ab mach which i traded in for a new f150. i missed having the mach so much i finally bought a 99 cobra in may as my weekend toy and have enjoyed it ever since.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
For the NoVA guys there is the NorthernVirginiaMustangClub.com
I'd be down for a G2G......

akula51

Me
Established Member
VA Beach. Shore Drive this week, we're planning to build down near Oceana...

03 Vert...got to horse around up Great Neck Rd with someone in a DSG 03/04coupe tonight. What a great area.

Ack

Last edited:

kbornothing

SVT Poster
Established Member
hey , that was me on Great Neck road....I was taking it easy because I was test driving it for the weekend. Was there something wrong with your car? I saw it at beach ford for awhile...I saw it there because my king ranch F-350 is always going to get fixed.

akula51

Me
Established Member
Yeah man, had a radiator expansion tank (#2) let go on me at 1st Colonial and Laskin... Saw it as it was happening so that was all...no other damage. There was a parts mixup and then I was out of town fer a couple days...laugh. Man, I love that color...2d fav right after white. I was wondering on that, the exhaust sounded pretty fat & sweet but I didn't hear any Eaton singing.

We are moving to a rental down around Gen Booth & Dam Neck. Man, it's all so good around here. So many memories since I was always down here in the summers during the formative years up in Hoodbridge, but so much is new and so much has changed.

F'ing seafood still rocks. Wtf.

Ack

kbornothing

SVT Poster
Established Member
I bought the that car I was test driving, so you will be see that car around the beach more often. I love it. I was thinkn about doing the pully and tune but I got a warranty with it. I guess I could always put the stock stuff back on and de-tune it if something were to happen.

akula51

Me
Established Member
Congratulations!

That's awesome... We should grab a beer or something and intimidate some ricers...laugh. 4 or 5 in a row would look nice in the valet lot down at Mahi Mah's or Waterman's...heh heh heh

Rob

kbornothing

SVT Poster
Established Member
Thanks...do you think I could get away with doing the pully swap and then putting the stock one back on if something were to happen?

akula51

Me
Established Member
If the warranty is important to you, I'd keep it stock. If laughing at vettes is important to you, these motors are built from day 1 so...warranty be damned. I have a 2d car and bought mine used like you so I never really worried about it, mine was pullied with a B/f 2.93 when I got it. I had a couple months left on my warranty and Ford took care of a couple things (that shouldn't have mattered anyway) while looking the other way about the pulley and intake. Sounds like you have a relationship with the folks down at Beach/Barton already, so...I'd leverage that. If you have 3 months left or something like that, well, winter is just made for working on these cars isn't it..? laugh

If you don't mind always looking at my rear license plate, stay stock...rofl.

I learned the "it's my problem now" warranty story when I put a Paxton centrifugal blower on my 99 Cobra... I had to tear that one down to the block twice, but once was over shitty detonating hypereutetic cast pistons (replaced with forged pistons and Manley rods) and once was over a camshaft bolt shearing off (which has been fixed with the new 4V heads).

Have you dynoed it yet or did it have a wideband in it to verify the A/F? I know some of the stock Cobras ran pretty rich... I've been using Dyno Inc down on Birdneck, I need to get back down there now that it's getting cooler... I coundn't find anyone local doing tuning for these beasts (and didn't look too hard since I knew I wanted to go with Amazon).

In short, well, haven't been there in that situation so I don't know the best answer there. Some people have done that and gotten away with it. Some people haven't.

Ack

kbornothing

SVT Poster
Established Member
NO I have not dynoed the car yet. I have been to dyno inc. off Birdneck to dyno my 93, and it seemed that they deal with a lot of imports.

I know Steen Racing in Nofolk off E. Little Creek tunes these car and also Dyno Tuned Performance in Chesepeake tunes as well. One of the guys at Dyno Tuned use to own SMS and he had a 03 or 04 vert. So im assuming he knows what hes doing with these cars.

I have heard that Steen really know what they are doing but they seem to busy all the time to mess with anything.

I dont know what my A/F is. I havent really done anything to the car since I got it but try to keep it really clean. I do know that after driving it for one day I can see a little black build up on my rear bumper....I dont know if they all do that or only if its running rich. My 93 leaves a lot of black stuff all over the rear of the car and I know that thing is running rich.

Users who are viewing this thread