Viper TA vs Hellcat

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Thats my buddies Viper. Real stand up guys on Stance Autoworks, let me tell ya. Agree in the drivers meeting at the private track rental that people wouldn't post footage from blown runs or to try to spin it one way or another if a run isn't clean, and then this. They ran twice, Viper spun and missed a gear on one, and pulled the Hellcat on the other. You can see the road they chose to take with the insinuating title and choice of footage. Pathetic.

Viper trapped 130-132.5mph consistently on that track day, wheres the Hellcat trapped 125-126mph (same track same day), you make your own conclusions.

Hellcat is a badass car, viper is a badass car, c7 Z is a badass car, everyone is a ****ing troll and a whiney bitch now-days. No sportsmanship what-soever.

Sounds much more realistic!

BIG_WINNER

Established Member
Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

BIG_WINNER

Established Member
Trap speeds do not tell all... Lol... They are a good indicator but they are not 100% end all be all on a roll street race...

You serious Clark? Sure there are other variables like traction, hitting shifts, drag cd, etc. but its easy to tell which car will win a roll race via trap speed.

Do you think a Hellcat can beat a Viper from a roll assuming its a clean run? If so I have some ocean front property in Nebraska to sell you

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You serious Clark? Sure there are other variables like traction, hitting shifts, drag cd, etc. but its easy to tell which car will win a roll race via trap speed.

Do you think a Hellcat can beat a Viper from a roll assuming its a clean run? If so I have some ocean front property in Nebraska to sell you

I prefer Ken.

And yes many more variables affect the outcome of a roll/street race, thanks for validating what I just said.

Yes, a hellcat might be able to squeeze a win even though it might not be the norm.

Please provide pics of said property and list the body of water... Thanks!

BIG_WINNER

Established Member
I prefer Ken.

And yes many more variables affect the outcome of a roll/street race, thanks for validating what I just said.

Yes, a hellcat might be able to squeeze a win even though it might not be the norm.

Please provide pics of said property and list the body of water... Thanks!

You mean if the Viper driver misses shifts and spins he can be beaten by a Hellcat? Thank you for this revelation. Since you are being difficult, I should have said assuming clean runs, trap speeds tell all. Check the link posted above, it's clear which car would win a roll race between the Viper and Hellcat.

PM me with your email for pics of property. 1 acre lot outside of Omaha, looking for $500k :D

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
You mean if the Viper driver misses shifts and spins he can be beaten by a Hellcat? Thank you for this revelation. Since you are being difficult, I should have said assuming clean runs, trap speeds tell all. Check the link posted above, it's clear which car would win a roll race between the Viper and Hellcat.

PM me with your email for pics of property. 1 acre lot outside of Omaha, looking for $500k :D

Again, even on a clean run, trap speed does not "tell all" on a roll / street race.

Please send pics ASAP to LOL@BIG_WHINER.com, very interested!

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I wonder what dodge has in store for a viper mid-life refresh (like gen3 2003-2006 to gen 4 2008-2010).

The other thing I'm wondering about is how the hellcat will perform in 1/4 with slicks/skinnies + boltons (Headers, Pulleys, Tune).

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I wonder what dodge has in store for a viper mid-life refresh (like gen3 2003-2006 to gen 4 2008-2010).

The other thing I'm wondering about is how the hellcat will perform in 1/4 with slicks/skinnies + boltons (Headers, Pulleys, Tune).

Those are good questions, i can only hope the front end gets a refresh, the current one ruins the car for me. I much prefer the front end on the previous gen.

I think that the hellcat with that set up will be un-godly tough to beat at the strip.

BIG_WINNER

Established Member

I have heard rumors of an ACR. They showed a concept at SEMA which was pretty killer. Also heard rumors of supercharged motors but I'm not sure I believe that. Will be interesting to see.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Lol you have no idea what youre talking about and it appears your vag is a little sandy

<~~~~~ Lol at big whino here...

You might wanna tube my SN. I speak from experience as I have done my share in the trenches... My apologies for having to clarify incorrect information that you posted.

BIG_WINNER

Established Member
<~~~~~ Lol at big whino here...

You might wanna tube my SN. I speak from experience as I have done my share in the trenches... My apologies for having to clarify incorrect information that you posted.

got much better things to do than watch a 12 second Z06 run around. thanks tho

rem177

Established Member
Didnt read the thread...but it should be obvious that the Viper spun and had shifting issues. Stock for stock, a Viper is faster from a roll without question. Both cars are super impressive though.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
got much better things to do than watch a 12 second Z06 run around. thanks tho

There you go again posting incorrect information. Just go ahead and stick to playing your super nintendo in order to avoid us all an IQ drop from reading your incoherent ramblings.

Hmmmk?.. K tnx bye!

G-STANG

Established Member
Thats my buddies Viper. Real stand up guys on Stance Autoworks, let me tell ya. Agree in the drivers meeting at the private track rental that people wouldn't post footage from blown runs or to try to spin it one way or another if a run isn't clean, and then this. They ran twice, Viper spun and missed a gear on one, and pulled the Hellcat on the other. You can see the road they chose to take with the insinuating title and choice of footage. Pathetic.

Viper trapped 130-132.5mph consistently on that track day, wheres the Hellcat trapped 125-126mph (same track same day), you make your own conclusions.

Hellcat is a badass car, viper is a badass car, c7 Z is a badass car, everyone is a ****ing troll and a whiney bitch now-days. No sportsmanship what-soever.

You got that right. It seems like those guy are stirring the pot with their videos.

stangfreak

Established Member
Lol you have no idea what youre talking about and it appears your vag is a little sandy

Zyborg is right. We all learned this, well I did, when the c6zo6 came out. From a roll, they run faster than what they trap in the quarter. I would rather run a c6 z from a dig than a roll. We are using the vette as an example.

I know ported eaton cobras that run high 10s in the quarter at 126 127 mph. That's almost twinscrew territory. They run a c6z with two little mods that traps the same. Yet, from a roll, the c6 will piss all over the ported eaton cobra. So based on the trap speeds you think they would be dead even. Not even close. I remember the fights in parking lots and people would be going through the vette inside and out bc everyone thought they used to spray and lie. Raced other cars besides cobras when the fighting would start. Sometimes it would be GM vs GM. Roll racings different.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
I agree that trap speed won't always tell the story in a roll race. Hell, two cars can go back and forth from one race to the next if the starting speed changes.

I'm not referring to this race when I say the lower trapping car won't always lose, just saying in general.

Last edited:

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
So what we learned from this video is that a hellcat can beat a new viper if the viper misses a shift. Cool.

paintless302

Established Member
I would agree wih your "no sportsmanship" speech had the hellcat guy not offered to run again, as far as I have read, it is your buddy that does not want to "redeem" himself.

Trap speed is not always indicative of who wins a roll race. Fyi.

He doesn't want to "redeem" himself because he largely doesn't care about the e-peen contests and doesn't trust the parties involved wont do some behind the scenes tinkering (as is common around here). I also don't consider him to be an exceptional driver, and I think he knows this (and maybe feels he wont do the platform justice). There are PLENTY viper owners around here who will satisfy the HC owner, if need be.

And a sentence is a speech? Trap speed has been pretty indicative in my experience for what to expect on the strip. Care to elaborate?

Users who are viewing this thread