VIN has been issued

TRBO VNM

yeah, I got it. 2.94%, but my credit union is doing a beat the rate -.25%, so hoping I get it down to 2.5 or lower and just refi it.

Ended up getting 5 yr 60k mile warranty. Payments worked out a little less than I hoped and should go down even more when I refi next month. I did put 12k down on it. financed 13.

And didn't take long, installed the redline tuning struts tonight. So nice having them on the hood. Took about 15min to install. I did have the driver tail rubbing the car a little. no paint issues. I sanded the inside edge down and that clearanced it some. I will do it again over the weekend to get it a little better. Almost had the tail light out, but it was hanging up on something and it was dark out, so I didn't want to break anything.

need to read up on the break-in...but I will probably do it my way. varying RPM with some blasts to heat it up and help seat the rings.

Car had 4 miles on it when I got it.

TRBO VNM

Nothing worthy yet. Picked it up on my lunch break so I didn't get anything then and last night I spent some time with my daughter on her new play set. So when I finally did the hood struts it was dark out and the picture is horrible. I will take some this weekend and post them up.

NEMES1S

Established Member
I need a couple pair of those redline struts for both cars. Are there any discounts anywhere on them?

wheelhopper

Established Member
Jason, I got to check out the new Fiesta ST, live and in person, this past weekend. It is bad ass. I think I like the way it looks better than the Focus. The seats are certianly better. The Focus was noticeably larger, which is weird to say about a Focus. I did not get a chance to get a ride in the Fiesta, but everyone I spoke with that did said it handled better. The deciding factor for me will be price. I am not going to pay close to the same amount of money for a Fiesta, so we'll see what kind of discounts I can get. How are you liking the Focus so far?

TRBO VNM

I need a couple pair of those redline struts for both cars. Are there any discounts anywhere on them?

Not really. Not much margin at all. I did receive a discount because its like my 5th or 6th set. lol

Jason, I got to check out the new Fiesta ST, live and in person, this past weekend. It is bad ass. I think I like the way it looks better than the Focus. The seats are certianly better. The Focus was noticeably larger, which is weird to say about a Focus. I did not get a chance to get a ride in the Fiesta, but everyone I spoke with that did said it handled better. The deciding factor for me will be price. I am not going to pay close to the same amount of money for a Fiesta, so we'll see what kind of discounts I can get. How are you liking the Focus so far?

I have seen some pictures of them spotted on the road in Michigan. Didn't look too bad. Overall the fiesta is smaller anyway than the focus, so it is expected. I haven't seen the seats, but not sure how they are better. That is going to be more personal preference and comfort. The focus ST1 seats are comfortable as hell for me. Then the ST2 and 3 get the high dollar seats and leather. What is odd and bugs me is that the ST3 I think is the only one that has power seats. Seems very strange for them to skimp on that when it has all the other gizmos.

Only reason I can think of it "handling better" is that it feels that way since it is smaller and lighter. So it very well may handle a little better. The Fiesta is geared more towards competing with the fiat and the mini. The focus is competing with the STI, Evo, etc.

I am sure the fiesta will be similar in that it is detuned big time from ford like the focus. The throttle doesn't even open all the way on these things. lol

I have the COBB intercooler waiting to go on and the steeda shifter with support bracket will be here tomorrow. Do the intake, tune and exhaust and I am done.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Not really. Not much margin at all. I did receive a discount because its like my 5th or 6th set. lol

I have seen some pictures of them spotted on the road in Michigan. Didn't look too bad. Overall the fiesta is smaller anyway than the focus, so it is expected. I haven't seen the seats, but not sure how they are better. That is going to be more personal preference and comfort. The focus ST1 seats are comfortable as hell for me. Then the ST2 and 3 get the high dollar seats and leather. What is odd and bugs me is that the ST3 I think is the only one that has power seats. Seems very strange for them to skimp on that when it has all the other gizmos.

Only reason I can think of it "handling better" is that it feels that way since it is smaller and lighter. So it very well may handle a little better. The Fiesta is geared more towards competing with the fiat and the mini. The focus is competing with the STI, Evo, etc.

I am sure the fiesta will be similar in that it is detuned big time from ford like the focus. The throttle doesn't even open all the way on these things. lol

I have the COBB intercooler waiting to go on and the steeda shifter with support bracket will be here tomorrow. Do the intake, tune and exhaust and I am done.

Thats what we all say :rollseyes

TRBO VNM

Steeda shifter installed tonight. Still need to do the shifter bracket but the shifter is installed

Users who are viewing this thread