Video of my 9 second VMP supercharged '13.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
We will agree to disagree.

And as far as being "brand loyal" sure I have all Ford but I have had others. I just do not believe in crossbreed builds. If it is a Ford, keep a Ford engine in it. If it is Nissan, stick with Nissan. I feel LS swaps are done because people don't want to take time to build a proper engine. So to me, it is lazy and the easy way out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
9.39@147! Congratulations! Your GT is a freaking beast! And a daily driver to boot. I enjoyed watching that entire video.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
9.39@147! Congratulations! Your GT is a freaking beast! And a daily driver to boot. I enjoyed watching that entire video.

The more I see the TVS cars the more impressed I am with them.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
We will agree to disagree.

And as far as being "brand loyal" sure I have all Ford but I have had others. I just do not believe in crossbreed builds. If it is a Ford, keep a Ford engine in it. If it is Nissan, stick with Nissan. I feel LS swaps are done because people don't want to take time to build a proper engine. So to me, it is lazy and the easy way out.

That may be all well and good, except this thread had nothing to do with LS motors...

This thread is about OP making the 1/4 his bitch with a very simple set up, auto 5.0.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
That may be all well and good, except this thread had nothing to do with LS motors...

This thread is about OP making the 1/4 his bitch with a very simple set up, auto 5.0.

I didn't want to make it about the LS, just wanted to have a little fun with you after the auto comment. Lol!

These TVS cars have me really wanting to use one of VMPs setups on my 03 swap 96 build. They make amazing power for a little 2.3 blower.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Awesome set up to the OP.... I saw the car at PBIR... It is truly amazing how many quiet and seemingly simple looking coyote mustangs fly down the 1/4. Congrats to VMP.

F8L BYT

Established Member
Awesome man! Saw that a few days ago! Car is very impressive! What kind of power did it make and what's the weight on it?

466roller

Established Member
Awesome man! Saw that a few days ago! Car is very impressive! What kind of power did it make and what's the weight on it?
Weight was 3820. Hasn't been on the dyno in a while but going off of weight and MPH, I'd say 820ish to the wheels. I't made 722 on 11lbs and trapped 138 at 3950lbs.

Rambro

Established Member
Auto/TVS yote is deadly. Glad I watched the whole video as I was considering running a 1/4 tank of fuel next time at the track. Do you catch hell from anyone for taking the seats out? Seems when I did it I heard it from friends and got a couple comments from folks checking the car out.

rdrkt

Established Member
I was curious why the upper and lower control arms were still stock. I would think that would make big dividends in the 60ft.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Way to go Donnie, really good numbers!
Hey Alex, when did you start tuning? Hahahah
Jake should spend more time on the camera, he looked like he had work to do....
Good times guys!!

466roller

Established Member
Auto/TVS yote is deadly. Glad I watched the whole video as I was considering running a 1/4 tank of fuel next time at the track. Do you catch hell from anyone for taking the seats out? Seems when I did it I heard it from friends and got a couple comments from folks checking the car out.

I have aover 100lbs of sound deadenung in the car between the doors, trunk and trunk lid. so to try and offset that, I removed the passenger and rear seats, along with some stuff in the trunk. It's only the 2nd time I've taken that much stuff out of the car. Just remember, "haters gonna hate"!!

I was curious why the upper and lower control arms were still stock. I would think that would make big dividends in the 60ft.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yeah, next step is to build the trans and upgrade the rear control arms. It's pretty consistent 1.40 but has been a 1.38, once. I'm trying to take a "one mod at a time" approach and report what the results are. That way I know what's needed and what can be left alone.

Users who are viewing this thread