Video from inside the Cobra! Hear the exhaust the way I do...

chuckstang

Established Member
something doesnt add up. Your car pulled like a 450hp Term ?????
Nitrous? I mean your power in your sig is not enough to pull that hard in 5th gear.
I dont know, maybe Im just jealous :)

cobra2798

I have no car
Established Member
Need to get the history of this car from the previous owner. Just if there is internal work why would the previous owner not tell him? Do some research on the car dude.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
onicrom said:
yea its 350 to the wheel. dont know what that is at the fly... and thats no tune and without the pulleys. so... maybe there is more done, certainly seems that way.. i just dont see anything aftermarket under the hood. :shrug:

wait, are you saying your car dynoed at 350rwhp before a tune and pulleys?

if it is a stock car, that is VERY hard to believe.

can you post the dyno sheet.

johnjib

Little '99 SVT
Established Member
your car is the one..... :bowdown:
Now you should put a blower on her and see what she really can do.

Quadcammer

Established Member
the main reason for my confusion. even with 350rwhp, your car's acceleration will begin to slow down. With 4.30s, you shifted into fifth gear at ~120 and you continued to accelerate as hard in overdrive. This is just not possible with the increased wind resistance.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
quadcammer said:
the main reason for my confusion. even with 350rwhp, your car's acceleration will begin to slow down. With 4.30s, you shifted into fifth gear at ~120 and you continued to accelerate as hard in overdrive. This is just not possible with the increased wind resistance.

True.

What kind of wax do you use?

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
just woke up to 2389 replys, lol thanks dudes. :rockon:

well..it most definatly has something done i dont know about then, as far as the previous owner i have no idea who or where he is, i bought it from a dealership in pensacola, fl.

i just thought i would hear it "camming out" if it had cams bu i dont know, everything i posted and say is legit i promise, i would never tell lies to a bunch of car dudes lol maybe if it were chics id slip a fib in, but not dudes or dudes over the net for sure. im assuming there is definate internal work and maybe weight reduction somewhere and i dont know what the cyl volume is.

it does click alot from the engine when i press down the throttle.. the more i press it down the faster it clicks in every gear. maybe the timing is advanced? i dont really know what the clicking means. i honestly dont know, but it feels faster than an 04 cobra and that is all i personally have done to the car mod wise.

Last edited:

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
i do love my car but im am still learning alot, i dont know that much about it right now but i do know some. but not enough to know about cams an cyl volume and my block and all that yet. :( post #70 ^^ is all i know.

edit: and i know this too is quite a bit different, i posted it in another thread, but, i ran a 12.6 at the track on shitty street tires, no short shifter or anything, and this was with my 3.27s. and most people are running like... mid 13's with my known mods, i assume? so with these 4.30s itll be like... high 11s maybe? so once again as you all say.. something is done i dont know about.

Last edited:

key

Established Member
Post a video or pic's of the engine/block, maybe that would answer something. Also a video of the car idling and reving in neutral.

I'm super curious about what the deal is on this..

Dingleweed

Grower of dingleberries
Established Member
onicrom said:
edit: and i know this too is quite a bit different, i posted it in another thread, but, i ran a 12.6 at the track on shitty street tires, no short shifter or anything, and this was with my 3.27s. and most people are running like... mid 13's with my known mods, i assume?

so, you ran a 12.6 before you put any mods on it with street tires? Damn! What was your trap speed and 1/8th mile info, etc.?

Interspy24

Established Member
Damn, that speedo is flying!

I'm a bit skeptical, but your track times are very fast so it makes sense. A 12.6 with stock gears and bad tires is :rockon:

Quadcammer

Established Member
even an 11 sec NA car will slow down greatly when shifting into 5th gear (.67 over drive, from a 1:1 4th)

i believe he shifted to 4th gear, because somehow the speedo is screwed up (or this video was done before the speedo was corrected)

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
key said:
You going to be able to post those pic's/videos?
i just made a thread not to long ago with me revving it, it was before the 4.30s though. i can get pics soon sure n/p.

quadcammer said:
even an 11 sec NA car will slow down greatly when shifting into 5th gear (.67 over drive, from a 1:1 4th)

i believe he shifted to 4th gear, because somehow the speedo is screwed up (or this video was done before the speedo was corrected)
whenever i made the video, i came home right after work and posted it. it was yesterday. speedo was calculated day of install. i really dont know man, im not trying to shit anyone, the main purpose of the clip was to hear the exhaust from inside anyway, not how fast or whatever. i dont know what to tell ya! it all feels right, and pulls really hard. :shrug:

Last edited:

Quadcammer

Established Member
with the speedo on stock settings:
shift to 3rd would have been at about 115 at 6500
putting you at 5100 or so in 4th
140 in 4th is right at 6000

Users who are viewing this thread