Video from inside the Cobra! Hear the exhaust the way I do...

Dingleweed

Grower of dingleberries
Established Member
The rpms and speedo seem to make sense for 4.30s. Just over 140 mph @ around 6k rpm. Do you know the history of your car? Maybe the previous owner put in ported heads, cams, etc. Because those dyno numbers and that acceleration for your mods just isn't fair to the rest of us :whine:

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
Dingleweed said:
The rpms and speedo seem to make sense for 4.30s. Just over 140 mph @ around 6k rpm. Do you know the history of your car? Maybe the previous owner put in ported heads, cams, etc. Because those dyno numbers and that acceleration for your mods just isn't fair to the rest of us :whine:
I actually dont know anything about its history, but from what you and many many others say... im starting to think something is done to it that i dont know about. + my dyno #s are actually before the steeda pulleys.

johnjib

Little '99 SVT
Established Member
Dingleweed said:
Maybe the previous owner put in ported heads, cams, etc. Because those dyno numbers and that acceleration for your mods just isn't fair to the rest of us :whine:

It is the cobra emblem. That is where the extra power is coming from. Seriously. 350 hp on bolt-ons and not tune. Holy one in a million. I second the internal work. Your car is a beast.

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
johnjib said:
It is the cobra emblem. That is where the extra power is coming from. Seriously. 350 hp on bolt-ons and not tune. Holy one in a million. I second the internal work. Your car is a beast.
yea its 350 to the wheel. dont know what that is at the fly... and thats no tune and without the pulleys. so... maybe there is more done, certainly seems that way.. i just dont see anything aftermarket under the hood. :shrug:

Last edited:

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
no.. my secret... is.................................. is the fuel saving tornado!!!! whoooaa! .............sorry.... :nonono:

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
You didn't accidently put any time compression on the video did you? It's hard to accidentally do but just something maybe to check :shrug:

Based on that video your car would probably walk a pullied terminator. Do you know the weight of your car?

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
Torch10th said:
You didn't accidently put any time compression on the video did you? It's hard to accidentally do but just something maybe to check :shrug:

Based on that video your car would probably walk a pullied terminator. Do you know the weight of your car?
lol no i didnt sabotage the video and its not time compressed in any way. like i said earlier, i test drove a stock 04 cobra and my 01 feels substantially faster. as far as weight i dont know.

Last edited:

onicrom

online predator
Established Member
Torch10th said:
Your car pulling like it does in your video...you'd destroy a stock 03/04 Cobra.
it definatly felt quite a bit faster than that 04 cobra. like it would beat it pretty bad in a run.

CobraG said:
Maybe it's just a freak :shrug:

Lucky bastid :-D
i think so.. but then again.. its apparently fast as fuuck for a n/a cobra. but when i bought it, it appeared to be so stock, the intake, exhaust (headers midpipe, mufflers) pulleys... all stock.. so.. i dont know... i just think i did get lucky. :D

key

Established Member
If the video/numbers are right, I really can't see how it could be stock (besides the listed mods).. Or at least not within tolerance of stock. I'd like to see you take it somewhere and have it looked at - cylinder volume, head casting #s, cams, block type, etc... That way we can compare the data to what a stock Cobra should be. There's got to be a big difference somewhere in your engine. If we can find it maybe we can do the 'factory freak' mod on our cars and pick up ~50RWHP :)

I'll donate $20 to the pot for you to get it looked at.. Anyone else want to join in? I'm just way too curious about what's going on with this car.

Stitch

Established Member
No factory freak would put 350 to the wheels. Many guys here have a hard time breaking 320 with all the bolt ons. Obviously your car had headwork and/or cam work done. There is no other explanation. Is there any way you could find out who the previous owner was and talk to him? Maybe find out more info.

Dingleweed

Grower of dingleberries
Established Member
onicrom said:
when i bought it, it appeared to be so stock, the intake, exhaust (headers midpipe, mufflers) pulleys... all stock.. so.. i dont know... i just think i did get lucky. :D

Well, it's definitely not out of the realms of possibility that it could have had head work, cams, or internals done and still look stock.

My last car was heavily modified, but before I traded it in for my Cobra I removed all of the external stuff (blower, intercooler, alcohol injection, fuel injectors, etc.) and put my external stock stuff back on. I left my cams in the car and other non-bolt-on work. I did this for a couple reasons: (1) so the dealer would think it was stock and wouldn't give me crap about voiding the warranty, reliability, etc. (2) I could sell my blower system and bolt-ons for more money (3) replacing the cams, etc. wouldn't be worth it for the cost of buying stock ones and the time and effort to do so.

"Factory freaks" with well built, balanced internals, optimal spec tolerances, etc. can account for maybe a 5 to 6% difference in power. But you're a good 50 WHP, or 17% higher than normal.

I am not dogging your car at all, I'm just very jealous and really curious why it is sooo much stronger than it should be. :beer:

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Ford doesnt build snow flakes people. The car is modded some how to get it to pull that hard. Sweet car though :beer:

Whats the top speed with the 4.30s?

Users who are viewing this thread