Vid of my car on the gas

BigDan

Established Member
AWESOME runs.

I dont have a wideband but i can data log it. Im going to upgrade my fuel system before i run it again. I honestly feel like its a combination of losing nitrous pressure and losing fuel pressure. A dyno pull puts the pumps under pressure for only a few seconds. A track pass underload for 10 seconds is really putting a hurting on the stock pumps.

Anyone run a boost a pump on a 11?

I heard the 2011+ had some sort of factory boost a pump.

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
AWESOME runs.

I heard the 2011+ had some sort of factory boost a pump.

I thought the same thing. I mentioned this to my tuner and he has never heard of upping the volts from the factory fpdms. I know i have heard you could do this from justin. Maybe its already doing it and its still not enough. I just dont want to waste money on a bap if i dont need one.

I am running a 2 step. I use the sct 2 step on my tuner.

Islandcat

Established Member
how big a shot are you running? Is it safe to run on the streets or is it just a track application. I would be interested in doing this to have some extra juice on demand. I am happy with my 550 to the rear wheels, but they got some corvette guys in my area that are running their mouth. I would love to surprise them with a hit of nitrous lol.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Holy cow my predictions are close. Great times:rockon: and if you want to backhalf strong on every pass look into the NANO Nitrous. It'll fix that issue quick and make more power doing it. We sell those kits also. It keeps the bottle pressure from dropping during a quarter mile pass.
Makes sense. When I saw the 28 MPH increase on the back half with a 100 shot, I thought something must be up with the nitrous. Figure this car should be hitting 137-138 consistently. Randall, you may have 9's in this monster with the NANO! Especially with a 1.35 60'.....

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
how big a shot are you running? Is it safe to run on the streets or is it just a track application. I would be interested in doing this to have some extra juice on demand. I am happy with my 550 to the rear wheels, but they got some corvette guys in my area that are running their mouth. I would love to surprise them with a hit of nitrous lol.

Nitrous is as safe as the user. I wouldn't spray my car on the street. It doesn't hook with out the hit. If your just interested in running on the street your prob better off investing the money somewhere else. its hard to control a hit of nitrous on the street. this is just my opinion. Also its a 100 shot.

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
Makes sense. When I saw the 28 MPH increase on the back half with a 100 shot, I thought something must be up with the nitrous. Figure this car should be hitting 137-138 consistently. Randall, you may have 9's in this monster with the NANO! Especially with a 1.35 60'.....

I agree it should be trapping nearly 140mph considering it traps 133 on just the eaton. In the 1/8th the car is doing work on the gas trapping 105/106. Its still picking up on the back half but something is off. It did trap 137 on one pass but I was hoping to see 139/140.

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Wont be long, we'll see how well a built engine, with heads, cams, 11.1's an Eaton and two stages of foggers runs. Running spray on the Dyno. A 100 shot makes 120 FT LB's with in 100 RPM's. Turn it on at 4000 RPM's by 4100 RPM's your making 120 FT LB's more torque. So the torque is almost instant. Same holds true for a 200 shot.

CPRsm

Wont be long, we'll see how well a built engine, with heads, cams, 11.1's an Eaton and two stages of foggers runs. Running spray on the Dyno. A 100 shot makes 120 FT LB's with in 100 RPM's. Turn it on at 4000 RPM's by 4100 RPM's your making 120 FT LB's more torque. So the torque is almost instant. Same holds true for a 200 shot.
Lol, man with the crystal ball. I started seriously shopping yesterday :bash:

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Crazy passes for sure!!! the best part is i can tell my family to watch the vids of MY car at the track! LOL!! (same car no stripes anywhere) a couple of questions though, does this car have a WOT box and did you raise your rev limiter at all? sounds like it revs higher than mine without hitting the limiter.

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member

Is this your setup?

Did you check your bottle pressure after you ran?

Yeah. I checked it after every pass. It didn't drop much. from 950 to 850-900. BUT after some thinking I realized I sprayed it 5 times. I'm thinking the last pass I prob finished off whats in the bottle. Im going to take it out and weigh it. Another guy at the track said he gets 3 passes on a 150 shot so im thinking mine ran out on the last pass.

Crazy passes for sure!!! the best part is i can tell my family to watch the vids of MY car at the track! LOL!! (same car no stripes anywhere) a couple of questions though, does this car have a WOT box and did you raise your rev limiter at all? sounds like it revs higher than mine without hitting the limiter.

I shift at 6k and the 2 step is from the sct. I was running a 2.8kb shelby on the last pass so you are prob hearing his 2 step.

heatsoaked12

Established Member
Wish we were at the track at the same time, id let you take my car down for sure but then every one would be asking you "what happened that pass" you are certainly a great leader in this field and i hope to follow you.... time slip wise anyway:rolling:

rdsnk46

Established Member
Just watched the vid, are you pulling on the wheel during the 2-3 3-4 shift? Your car gets ugly just past half track.

CuZzO99L

BLACK SUNSHINE
Established Member

Careful...Quite a few lethalZ cammed C6Zs around here...

Sick setup!! Congrats to you Sir!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread