VERY dissatisfied with Kenne Bell product and customer service

01bluesnake

Established Member
I can say that i have had nothing but great help from KB. Sometimes they get busy and are hard to get a hold of but they aren't exactly your corner store and im sure have calls coming in as soon as the phone gets put down. Just from my experience, they went out of there way and fixed something i purchased used under warranty, then when i couldnt find a part i needed for the install sent me it for free no questions asked. They gave me a accurate time frame for repair, and kept me updated with the fix.

kenny6858

Hibitual line stepper
Established Member
my 2.8lc blower swap had a few issues with instructions but dan@kennebell was so very helpful with my purchase and really helped me through the install.. @ end of the day we do-it-ouselvers wanna blame kennebell when if we let a shop like bob kuragans do it to begin with & he wont have any issues he cant fix with his know how, which makes the install a synch.... so ya really dont save doin it yourself in long run...IMO. then ur better off anyways...my driveability is better than stock eaton and I couldnt be happier with my 2.8... all these whipple fanatics the 3.4 aint any better than my 2.8, it aint all about who has the bigger blower lol & if anybody thinks there are such thing as
2 100% complete boltup kit then welcome to the performance world n good luck to ya

Ironhand

Banned
my 2.8lc blower swap had a few issues with instructions but dan@kennebell was so very helpful with my purchase and really helped me through the install.. @ end of the day we do-it-ouselvers wanna blame kennebell when if we let a shop like bob kuragans do it to begin with & he wont have any issues he cant fix with his know how, which makes the install a synch.... so ya really dont save doin it yourself in long run...IMO. then ur better off anyways...my driveability is better than stock eaton and I couldnt be happier with my 2.8... all these whipple fanatics the 3.4 aint any better than my 2.8, it aint all about who has the bigger blower lol & if anybody thinks there are such thing as
2 100% complete boltup kit then welcome to the performance world n good luck to ya

:lol:

cbr repsol

Established Member

Lol

lethal04

Established Member

Lol

JerryC

Established Member
I can say that i have had nothing but great help from KB. Sometimes they get busy and are hard to get a hold of but they aren't exactly your corner store and im sure have calls coming in as soon as the phone gets put down.

That is a definition of poor customer support. Good customer support would have enough staff to handle the load. I understand that it's very difficult to provide that level of support, and that's why there are so few companies that provide good customer support.

Most businesses fail to realize that while support is cost center and not a revenue center, it can greatly affect sales.

Ex: I read a comment like yours and buy from a different vendor. I don't want to wait for support, my car is down while I wait for them to clear the phones and get to me.

Just from my experience, they went out of there way and fixed something i purchased used under warranty, then when i couldnt find a part i needed for the install sent me it for free no questions asked. They gave me a accurate time frame for repair, and kept me updated with the fix.

That is an example of good customer support, the problem is that as we all know, one "ah sh!t, wipes out 1000 atta-boys"

MaximumVelocity

Mod motor convert
Established Member
Just to clarify the KB directions, unless the directions specify the use of an "XX"mm wrench, the "XX"mm bolt specifies the threaded portion diameter, NOT the head size.

The EGR solenoids need to come off the original bracket and be bolted to the bracket on the KB blower, in your pics you have them doubled up.

If the IAC was touching the liner, why not just remove the hood liner...it just looks dirty and holds in extra heat anyway. But I would also check the motor mounts. If they are torn or the motor is shifted in the K-member cradle (over to the passenger side), you will end up with the contact issues you are experiencing.

My experiences with KB have always been positive. True, you sometimes have to call a couple of times to get through, but they are not a huge company and do very well with the limited man power they have.

Last edited:

bmx9854

Established Member
I've been in contact with Matt@KB and we are pretty much all squared away. Cars buttoned up and garaged now, not getting touched again until the spring/summer.

GodStang

Established Member
It is funny how many people are jumping on the Whipple band wagon when Whipple fails to supply the correct internals causing the blower to die. Actual Whipple blower failures have been through the roof in the past few months do to incorrect parts. Get a Whipple and you will be replacing it soon.

Sorry to the original poster. I have owned tons of KBs and have never had a problem.

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
It is funny how many people are jumping on the Whipple band wagon when Whipple fails to supply the correct internals causing the blower to die. Actual Whipple blower failures have been through the roof in the past few months do to incorrect parts. Get a Whipple and you will be replacing it soon.

I'm not trying to start s**t or question the validity of this statement, but do you have any links to some threads regarding this?

Sorry to the original poster. I have owned tons of KBs and have never had a problem.

What blowers have you had and what where the pros/cons to each of them? I'd love to hear some feedback from someone with first hand knowledge and experience. What blower would you buy for a 100% street driven car that is just a weekend toy running on pump 93 (E85 is not an option in my part of the country).

Last edited:

TaraFirma

Established Member
are you really complaining about what size bolt the instructions list? really? no wonder they did not respond to you.

I think the point he is trying to make, is that if a bolt size is going to be listed in the instructions, it should list the correct size. The kit is not new (03/04 cobra kit has been out for a while) so everything should be perfect in the instructions. A good company will revise their instructions as problems evolve and the kit is changed.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry to hear of your bad experience. I have had nothing but good luck with KB customer service. All the manufacturers make good blowers, i just like my lil ole 2.6H.

+1

Ordered multiple blowers from them with no issues with support or with the quality of the blowers.

Been over to their Headquarters before, real nice staff.

03cobra5485

Established Member
I have nothing but good things to say about kenne bell...on my second blower, and Matt has helped me with both, sorry to hear about your luck..hopefully it all gets squared away!

Demonio

Established Member
that sucks, but at least they r trying to make it up with the boost pump. I was going to buy a kenne but after talking to them and talking to whipple, the customer service was a lot better, they actually explained what i would need for my set up and the hp that i was looking into, did not guide me for the most expensive product and were really nice, kenne on the other hand made me feel like i was asking dumb questions, that i should know the answers to like i had expericence or design the product, hehehe, well guess what didnt get the kenne bell..

DOWN2EARTH411

Established Member
Man that suck's your having trouble.... I bought my 2.6h from them too, and it fit like a glove, and it's been a great blower!!! I have been running 22 to 23lbs of boost on the street with it since day one " which they say don't do" but I now have over 25,xxx miles on it and its still working great !!!! I smoke whipple car's all day.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread